Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Banished locusts.

OP Moosejavian

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The locusts seriously have to be nerfed. It is beyond too over powered. 5 level three locusts can level a level 3 home base in 15 seconds. That is bloody bizarre. Not only do they do way too much damage, they also can shoot while walking! Who's stupid decision was that?! They are an anti-everything unit that melts bases, air, and infantry. People constantly say their weakness is their health, which is true but without an expensive leader power like eradication or close air support, your units do not do enough damage fast enough. Cylcops are anti vehicle, however 1 vs 1 the locust wins, how is that not an indicator of how absurd they are.
1.) Either range or damage needs a significant nerf. The game is literally not fun when someone rushes with locusts because they can melt a base while walking away, and if you do counter the attack the locusts walk backwards and melt your units that do not have the unlimited range they have.
2.) No shields. If they are going to remain base melting unit, take away the shield. No point giving them more health when their only weakness is the lack of health.
3.) They should have to remain stationary when firing. For the longest time the scarab couldn't even move while shooting, meanwhile these little -Yoinks!- are walking around dealing very similar damage to the scarab and being twice as agile.
4.) For all that is good and holy, make them tier 3. There is no UNSC unit that has even close to the same damage and mobility as locusts, so why are banished able to pump them out early game. Either make cyclops tier one or locusts tier three, simple as that. There is no way to prepare for locusts because the banished are usually tech'ing up earlier, and they are able to get out 2 or 3 before a UNSC leader can even purchase on cyclops.
5.) If the locusts are going to continue melting bases, at the very least give the UNSC a shield upgrade for the base. If you are a banished player fighting a banished it is more fair because if you have cloaking and shields you can buy yourself time, with UNSC by the time the notification says you are being attacked the base is already dead.
They have already been nerfed into the ground, and require significant support to take on any unit that isn't core infantry. They don't need further nerfing. They're slow as garbage, have god awful health, and low damage against all unit types in the current version. Remove their building damage as well, and they'll be worthless.

The only thing currently imbalancing the locust is teleport, and theres no way to nerf the unit to work around that. Teleportation needs adjustment, not the locust. In this version the locust is very, very easy to deal with and fight.
They have already been nerfed into the ground, and require significant support to take on any unit that isn't core infantry. They don't need further nerfing. They're slow as garbage, have god awful health, and low damage against all unit types in the current version. Remove their building damage as well, and they'll be worthless.

The only thing currently imbalancing the locust is teleport, and theres no way to nerf the unit to work around that. Teleportation needs adjustment, not the locust. In this version the locust is very, very easy to deal with and fight.
Everyone keeps saying that they have been nerfed, but on Xbox one I have literally not seen any difference. They are still out of control at the 5 minute mark, and still do WAY too much damage to air and infantry.
Tier 3? At least make the Marauder viable then.

Edit: Moose do these issues happen in 1v1 or team matches?
Currently Locusts are fine, you may run into trouble against shipmaster if he masses locusts and utilizes displacement and teleport well. But even then you can usually use fast vehicles to defend against locusts and your leader powers to drop his bases with the quickness.

Everyone keeps saying that they have been nerfed, but on Xbox one I have literally not seen any difference. They are still out of control at the 5 minute mark, and still do WAY too much damage to air and infantry.
On Xbox One they are definitely slower and more vulnerable, much easier to kill, and air and light vehicles will roast them.
Not saying they aren't dangerous, if you are Banished you want them in your arms, but alone they are not nearly as dangerous unless they vastly outnumber your forces already.

No offense, but if you haven't seen the difference then you haven't being paying attention. They are clearly fine now. They used to be outrageous with their range, speed and damage to units.

Locusts can be melted easily by so many units/siege turrets.

It's funny. It's like people don't want them to do any damage and be worthless

How many times do you have to start the same thread ? Locusts are clearly fine right now.
Archaic wrote:

No offense, but if you haven't seen the difference then you having being paying attention. They are clearly fine now. They used to be outrageous with their range, speed and damage to units.

I would rather them not exist than be what they are now. If you cannot admit that they do too much damage to be able to walk and fire at the same time, you are either delusional or wilfully ignorant. It's funny, its like people who primarily use shipmaster are always the ones defending the current locust capabilities.
Archaic wrote:

No offense, but if you haven't seen the difference then you having being paying attention. They are clearly fine now. They used to be outrageous with their range, speed and damage to units.

I would rather them not exist than be what they are now. If you cannot admit that they do too much damage to be able to walk and fire at the same time, you are either delusional or wilfully ignorant. It's funny, its like people who primarily use shipmaster are always the ones defending the current locust capabilities.
They get melted easily be so many units now and don't have godlike range. They aren't a problem at all. Sure they are a good unit. That's not a problem. It's funny you mentioned shipmaster, that has nothing to do with the Locust itself.

Completely different conversation. If you look at my profile I've played more UNSC then shipmaster. I remember how OP the locusts were and I was calling for adjustments myself. Now, you'd have to be blind to not see the difference. People blindly calling for nerfs provides no value to the balancing discussion.
Archaic wrote:

I don't main Shipmaster I am an Atriox, and I rarely use locust spam as a strategy. Chances are you just played a terrible game (they happen to all of us, its okay.) against someone who spammed locusts well, and that is why you are here upset. Play a couple games and try locust spamming and you will see it isn't as easy anymore as it seems.
Cyclopses. Hunters. Boom. Dead.
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:

They get melted easily be so many units now and don't have godlike range. They aren't a problem at all. Sure they are a good unit. That's not a problem. It's funny you mentioned shipmaster, that has nothing to do with the Locust itself.

Completely different conversation. If you look at my profile I've played more UNSC then shipmaster. I remember how OP the locusts were and I was calling for adjustments myself. Now, you'd have to be blind to not see the difference. People blindly calling for nerfs provides no value to the balancing discussion.
I did provide value to the balancing discussion. I gave 5 decent suggestions, each individually have merit. Rather than poke holes in any real points, you make a blanket statement saying "they are not overpowered". Perhaps you should open your eyes.
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:

I did provide value to the balancing discussion. I gave 5 decent suggestions, each individually have merit. Rather than poke holes in any real points, you make a blanket statement saying "they are not overpowered". Perhaps you should open your eyes.
The suggestions are irrelevant because the locust does not require further nerfing. Issues dealing with them are on your end at this point, not from the locust. You have had several high level players in this thread all tell you the same thing, I suggest you listen to them.

On a side note, I no longer play Shipmaster. I've been maining Isabel from the start of the season.
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:

The suggestions are irrelevant because the locust does not require further nerfing. Issues dealing with them are on your end at this point, not from the locust. You have had several high level players in this thread all tell you the same thing, I suggest you listen to them.

On a side note, I no longer play Shipmaster. I've been maining Isabel from the start of the season.
I agree with Lego.
They aren't that much of a threat anymore, unless Shipmaster has them.
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:

Respect to a fellow Isabel user.
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:

Best leader in the game, IMO. She's super underrated. Her tanks are so darn overpowered! I've been having a lot of fun but I know it will end next balance patch, lol.
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:

Best leader in the game, IMO. She's super underrated. Her tanks are so darn overpowered! I've been having a lot of fun but I know it will end next balance patch, lol.
People never really understand how good it is to have shields on Nightingales and Scorpions. And the massive canister boost. Combine that with Holographic Decoy and you have a very terrifying leader especially if you have good Micro.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3