OP Moosejavian

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:
They have already been nerfed into the ground, and require significant support to take on any unit that isn't core infantry. They don't need further nerfing. They're slow as garbage, have god awful health, and low damage against all unit types in the current version. Remove their building damage as well, and they'll be worthless.

The only thing currently imbalancing the locust is teleport, and theres no way to nerf the unit to work around that. Teleportation needs adjustment, not the locust. In this version the locust is very, very easy to deal with and fight.
Everyone keeps saying that they have been nerfed, but on Xbox one I have literally not seen any difference. They are still out of control at the 5 minute mark, and still do WAY too much damage to air and infantry.
No offense, but if you haven't seen the difference then you having being paying attention. They are clearly fine now. They used to be outrageous with their range, speed and damage to units.

Locusts can be melted easily by so many units/siege turrets.

It's funny. It's like people don't want them to do any damage and be worthless
I would rather them not exist than be what they are now. If you cannot admit that they do too much damage to be able to walk and fire at the same time, you are either delusional or wilfully ignorant. It's funny, its like people who primarily use shipmaster are always the ones defending the current locust capabilities.
They get melted easily be so many units now and don't have godlike range. They aren't a problem at all. Sure they are a good unit. That's not a problem. It's funny you mentioned shipmaster, that has nothing to do with the Locust itself.

Completely different conversation. If you look at my profile I've played more UNSC then shipmaster. I remember how OP the locusts were and I was calling for adjustments myself. Now, you'd have to be blind to not see the difference. People blindly calling for nerfs provides no value to the balancing discussion.
I did provide value to the balancing discussion. I gave 5 decent suggestions, each individually have merit. Rather than poke holes in any real points, you make a blanket statement saying "they are not overpowered". Perhaps you should open your eyes.
The suggestions are irrelevant because the locust does not require further nerfing. Issues dealing with them are on your end at this point, not from the locust. You have had several high level players in this thread all tell you the same thing, I suggest you listen to them.

On a side note, I no longer play Shipmaster. I've been maining Isabel from the start of the season.
Respect to a fellow Isabel user.
Best leader in the game, IMO. She's super underrated. Her tanks are so darn overpowered! I've been having a lot of fun but I know it will end next balance patch, lol.
People never really understand how good it is to have shields on Nightingales and Scorpions. And the massive canister boost. Combine that with Holographic Decoy and you have a very terrifying leader especially if you have good Micro.
Don't forget the dirt cheap scorpions! It takes like 200 supply off of the asking price with Acc. Assembly II. She's insane!

I feel like Forge would be on a similar level, but the grizzly is awful.
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:
They have already been nerfed into the ground, and require significant support to take on any unit that isn't core infantry. They don't need further nerfing. They're slow as garbage, have god awful health, and low damage against all unit types in the current version. Remove their building damage as well, and they'll be worthless.

The only thing currently imbalancing the locust is teleport, and theres no way to nerf the unit to work around that. Teleportation needs adjustment, not the locust. In this version the locust is very, very easy to deal with and fight.
Everyone keeps saying that they have been nerfed, but on Xbox one I have literally not seen any difference. They are still out of control at the 5 minute mark, and still do WAY too much damage to air and infantry.
No offense, but if you haven't seen the difference then you having being paying attention. They are clearly fine now. They used to be outrageous with their range, speed and damage to units.

I would rather them not exist than be what they are now. If you cannot admit that they do too much damage to be able to walk and fire at the same time, you are either delusional or wilfully ignorant. It's funny, its like people who primarily use shipmaster are always the ones defending the current locust capabilities.
They get melted easily be so many units now and don't have godlike range. They aren't a problem at all. Sure they are a good unit. That's not a problem. It's funny you mentioned shipmaster, that has nothing to do with the Locust itself.

Completely different conversation. If you look at my profile I've played more UNSC then shipmaster. I remember how OP the locusts were and I was calling for adjustments myself. Now, you'd have to be blind to not see the difference. People blindly calling for nerfs provides no value to the balancing discussion.
I did provide value to the balancing discussion. I gave 5 decent suggestions, each individually have merit. Rather than poke holes in any real points, you make a blanket statement saying "they are not overpowered". Perhaps you should open your eyes.
The suggestions are irrelevant because the locust does not require further nerfing. Issues dealing with them are on your end at this point, not from the locust. You have had several high level players in this thread all tell you the same thing, I suggest you listen to them.

On a side note, I no longer play Shipmaster. I've been maining Isabel from the start of the season.
Best leader in the game, IMO. She's super underrated. Her tanks are so darn overpowered! I've been having a lot of fun but I know it will end next balance patch, lol.
People never really understand how good it is to have shields on Nightingales and Scorpions. And the massive canister boost. Combine that with Holographic Decoy and you have a very terrifying leader especially if you have good Micro.
Don't forget the dirt cheap scorpions! It takes like 200 supply off of the asking price with Acc. Assembly II. She's insane!

I feel like Forge would be on a similar level, but the grizzly is awful.
Forge had to be nerfed into the ground in all honesty, he was too good for such a heavy vehicle user. I feel with Isabel if you do not stop her early game you are done for but many people thinking fighting at 5 minutes and 8 minutes is "rushing".
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:

IMO you can still beat her with almost any Banished player.

Locusts are a lot more easy to deal with. I mean you can literally rofl them with Marauders. They still make extremely good units to just have in any army and due to the fact you can build them really early. Really the only things that have good times vs them are Tanks, Air, Marauders, Super units. If they get on your base its dead. The they can shoot and move, and that's the only real problem with them because of their range you can kite most armies to death before they reach you.
Omni Sweep wrote:
Archaic wrote:
Archaic wrote:

IMO you can still beat her with almost any Banished player.

Locusts are a lot more easy to deal with. I mean you can literally rofl them with Marauders. They still make extremely good units to just have in any army and due to the fact you can build them really early. Really the only things that have good times vs them are Tanks, Air, Marauders, Super units. If they get on your base its dead. The they can shoot and move, and that's the only real problem with them because of their range you can kite most armies to death before they reach you.
It's all about map awareness, really. If you're tracking your opponent well and meet them before they hit bases, you can stomp banished as izzy no problem. Nothing in the game can effectively engage her tanks.
Psh Locusts need a buff for the how much they costs more than anything. Slow as dirt, Hunters,Cyclops, Air all wreck them hands down..... If they didnt have the dps they do vs bases, they would be completely worthless.
I barely play banished at all and I have had very few problems from locusts. The only problems I have had have been in games that I have made silly mistakes. Since then, I have learned how to deal with them.
They are anti-building and that is essentially it. They aren't anti-everything lmao.
Locusts are in a much better place now. Range, speed, damage has all been addressed with nerfs. They're still viable, but not the godawful nightmare they used to be.

If he has locust at the 5 minute mark it means he went double extractor. He's vulnerable early game. What race do you play usually?

I can't express enough the importance of scouting, are you scouting? If so, you may catch him trying to go for fast tech 2, so that's your time window to punish him.

When you tech up fast and the enemy does not punish you then naturally you will have an advantage. Always try to exploit the enemy weakness. I'd say, even more importantly than scouting, you have to also interpret what he's trying to do.

-Empty building plots: double extractor.
-No minibases: steal it and go antibuilding units.
-Lots of turrets: then expand and control the nodes.

A single extractor + 5 power nodes will give you 4 power per second more than your enemy while giving you 3 to 4.6 more supply per second allowing you to tech up faster and pump out an army (this is regarding the cases where the enemy turrets up).

One thing to note, is that going for antibuilding units is pretty easy and efficient and you don't have to go all in or wait till 80 pop. Get 4 or 6 jump brutes and destroy his generators.
The locusts seriously have to be nerfed. It is beyond too over powered. 5 level three locusts can level a level 3 home base in 15 seconds. That is bloody bizarre. Not only do they do way too much damage, they also can shoot while walking! Who's stupid decision was that?! They are an anti-everything unit that melts bases, air, and infantry. People constantly say their weakness is their health, which is true but without an expensive leader power like eradication or close air support, your units do not do enough damage fast enough. Cylcops are anti vehicle, however 1 vs 1 the locust wins, how is that not an indicator of how absurd they are.
1.) Either range or damage needs a significant nerf. The game is literally not fun when someone rushes with locusts because they can melt a base while walking away, and if you do counter the attack the locusts walk backwards and melt your units that do not have the unlimited range they have.
2.) No shields. If they are going to remain base melting unit, take away the shield. No point giving them more health when their only weakness is the lack of health.
3.) They should have to remain stationary when firing. For the longest time the scarab couldn't even move while shooting, meanwhile these little -Yoinks!- are walking around dealing very similar damage to the scarab and being twice as agile.
4.) For all that is good and holy, make them tier 3. There is no UNSC unit that has even close to the same damage and mobility as locusts, so why are banished able to pump them out early game. Either make cyclops tier one or locusts tier three, simple as that. There is no way to prepare for locusts because the banished are usually tech'ing up earlier, and they are able to get out 2 or 3 before a UNSC leader can even purchase on cyclops.
5.) If the locusts are going to continue melting bases, at the very least give the UNSC a shield upgrade for the base. If you are a banished player fighting a banished it is more fair because if you have cloaking and shields you can buy yourself time, with UNSC by the time the notification says you are being attacked the base is already dead.
this is a joke right because i really need to know my brain cells are killing them selves one by one
Locusts are in a better place now, but are extremely dangerous still. They should be nerfed, maybe not necessarily nerfed but they need hard attribute changes such as only attacking building like snipers only attack infantry. Locusts have ridiculous range which has never been nerfed. They need to ONLY be able to fire while not moving. I don't get what is so hard for 343 to understand what is overpowered about locusts. Literally 75% of the community is in a uproar over them and is demanding a nerf to them but nothing is being done, we are just being appeased saying they are majorly nerfed but ingame 7 locusts will do exactly the same thing they did 2 months ago to you, melt your base in 15 seconds while escaping to do it all over again. Locusts make the game no fun, they take no skill whatsoever, honestly I don't understand how they are still in the game. There is no other unit that performs as well as the locusts per population. It has been nerfed numerous times and is still a huge problem, is that not alarming to anyone? I understand the locust is counterable and no where as good as launch but it is still amazing! Put some symbiotes on them or teleport them, and bam you won the game. This -Yoink- is so annoying, just fix the damn unit to act like snipers.
People just don't get it. If I built an entire army of tanks and head to your base, it will take me 8 years to get there. Then it will take me quite some time to demolish entire thing.

Locusts however move faster and would demolish your base in 10 seconds. The amount of time it takes for your army of whatever to return wouldn't matter because your base is destroyed. No other units can demolish a base that fast. Turrets are melted instantly. Leave Kodiak behind? Melted. Hunter or Cyclops? Just move away and continue shooting.

No other unit in mass can wipe out a base like locusts. They should not move faster than a tank. If hunters and clycops can run down a tank then a locusts shouldn't be able to.

I'd like to see their speed decreased and only fire while not moving. They should have a lockdown feature much like a Kodiak. When locked down they destroy a base. When moving they are useless like the Kodiak are.
VENOM ACR wrote:
People just don't get it. If I built an entire army of tanks and head to your base, it will take me 8 years to get there. Then it will take me quite some time to demolish entire thing.

Locusts however move faster and would demolish your base in 10 seconds. The amount of time it takes for your army of whatever to return wouldn't matter because your base is destroyed. No other units can demolish a base that fast. Turrets are melted instantly. Leave Kodiak behind? Melted. Hunter or Cyclops? Just move away and continue shooting.

No other unit in mass can wipe out a base like locusts. They should not move faster than a tank. If hunters and clycops can run down a tank then a locusts shouldn't be able to.

I'd like to see their speed decreased and only fire while not moving. They should have a lockdown feature much like a Kodiak. When locked down they destroy a base. When moving they are useless like the Kodiak are.
The developers just don't get it, because game after game they aren't the ones struggling against an obviously broken unit.

At 5 minutes!!!!??? Do you scout? Rush? Harass? Build counter units!
The locusts seriously have to be nerfed. It is beyond too over powered. 5 level three locusts can level a level 3 home base in 15 seconds. That is bloody bizarre. Not only do they do way too much damage, they also can shoot while walking! Who's stupid decision was that?! They are an anti-everything unit that melts bases, air, and infantry. People constantly say their weakness is their health, which is true but without an expensive leader power like eradication or close air support, your units do not do enough damage fast enough. Cylcops are anti vehicle, however 1 vs 1 the locust wins, how is that not an indicator of how absurd they are.
1.) Either range or damage needs a significant nerf. The game is literally not fun when someone rushes with locusts because they can melt a base while walking away, and if you do counter the attack the locusts walk backwards and melt your units that do not have the unlimited range they have.
2.) No shields. If they are going to remain base melting unit, take away the shield. No point giving them more health when their only weakness is the lack of health.
3.) They should have to remain stationary when firing. For the longest time the scarab couldn't even move while shooting, meanwhile these little -Yoinks!- are walking around dealing very similar damage to the scarab and being twice as agile.
4.) For all that is good and holy, make them tier 3. There is no UNSC unit that has even close to the same damage and mobility as locusts, so why are banished able to pump them out early game. Either make cyclops tier one or locusts tier three, simple as that. There is no way to prepare for locusts because the banished are usually tech'ing up earlier, and they are able to get out 2 or 3 before a UNSC leader can even purchase on cyclops.
5.) If the locusts are going to continue melting bases, at the very least give the UNSC a shield upgrade for the base. If you are a banished player fighting a banished it is more fair because if you have cloaking and shields you can buy yourself time, with UNSC by the time the notification says you are being attacked the base is already dead.
So you're saying to nerf locusts and this is coming from an Atriox main. Locusts have already been nerfed like 3 times and honestly they're in a good spot right now. Anymore nerfs will make the unit u usable.

Make cyclops and hunters or any decent leader power absolutely wrecks them.
Dude locust are made for suport in destroy bases, not to kill units.
They received 11 percent overall damage nerf, significant mobility decrease, damage reduction to counter units and aircraft, view range nerf, and there have been buffs to the units that counter them. They are classified as building killers so you have to rely on units to beat them. Build a real army and don't rely on turrets to save you from them.
They received 11 percent overall damage nerf, significant mobility decrease, damage reduction to counter units and aircraft, view range nerf, and there have been buffs to the units that counter them. They are classified as building killers so you have to rely on units to beat them. Build a real army and don't rely on turrets to save you from them.
Anti-building unit, so why are they out here roasting air and infantry? They should be like a sniper, and only be able to target buildings.
Anti-building unit, so why are they out here roasting air and infantry? They should be like a sniper, and only be able to target buildings.
They don't kill infantry and air effectively anymore. Any decent unit composition will absolutely destroy locusts. Try mixing in a few nightengales or engineers with your army to help you close the distance if they are kiting you. Also if the locusts are supported by other units, then do your best to intercept them before they get to your base. My final piece of advice would be to.... here me out... SCOUT!!! Knowing where they are coming from and what they are doing will give you the advantage over them and allow you to position yourself where you can more easily take them out. (Look for choke points and high ground areas). All of this advice however is pointless if you don't know how to set up a decent well rounded army so work on building a force that has a healthy mix of counter units, core units, and support units (engineers, shrouds, nightengales). If there's anything that you have a problem with when it comes to some of the points I've made then let me know and I'll try to clarify or address anything I may have missed.
did this man just say nerf elite rangers omg *facepalm*
some please pinch me i think im having another horrible dream
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3