Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] Banning noobs under lvl 40 from Ranked play

OP Oakenshield6688

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
....while the Campaign, also super broken, is one of the worst in the series.....
The main campaign wasn't as good as HW1, but it wasn't bad either.

However, I thought the difficulty tuning of ATN was spot on.....it was just way too short for a paid expansion.
So we all know that the matchmaking is a joke and is often unfairly matched however the scourge of this game trying to rank up, is getting stuffed with two noobs on 2v2 or 3v3 ranked play.

If i had a dollar for everytime i got lumped with two noobs who just didnt know how to remotely play the game but thought oh i wont play teamwar and learn the game i'll go straight into a ranked leaderboard and just sit there and do **** all every game.

The worst bit is they dont even accept advice the common response being "i dont care if we lose" which is all good and well but dont go into a ranked game and ruin other peoples progression with your ignorance.

I believe the Ranked servers should be locked until at least rank 40 to be honest i'd argue rank 50 by then they will have learnt the majority of the leaders and general gameplay so they dont just sit there and do nothing for 25 mins. If it even gets that far! What do people think overly harsh? Or just a problem that clearly nobody has had the balls to speak up on and call out!.

And before people go oh just party up and dont play with randoms you shouldn't have to party up all the time just to avoid a blatent issue the game designers have avoided because of "inclusion" worries with the playerbase.
Overwatch has a similar function; you can not go into ranked (Competitive) until you're level 25. While making the level requirement higher might LOWER the chances of you getting paired with inexperienced players, it won't solve the issue at hand. Even people at level 40 can lack the basic understanding that is the new level of difficulty in swapping from a casual server to a ranked server.

Like Overwatch, Quick Play can not teach you the fundamentals you will need to succeed in ranked because Quick Play is literally where everyone goes to instalock any DPS they can, and not give a crap about how everyone else feels. Casual servers on Halo Wars 2 are probably the same; you'll have people who rage when they don't win, but most people will just spam whatever units they're used to after playing through the campaign and grinding out vs AI.

The only way they will get better, is if they play ranked matchmaking. They have to learn.

But for people blatantly throwing matches or not trying their hardest, you should be able to report them. Clearing out the bums who don't want to really try or the trolls who regularly DON'T try just to annoy people need to be purged.
I ran into someone throwing matches last week, it was in ones. I assumed it was someones smurf they were trying to get placed as low as possible. First time I got to their base with nothing built on it and starting units not even moved I assumed their game had glitched out or something. But I ran into them twice more after with same thing.
The real issue is that there are new players, casual players and then the group discussing new players. I’ll label the third group “hardcore” gamers. What the hardcore gamers are describing and seeking is really only achieved with a paywall. Initially the paywall was the purchase of the game. Once that paywall was broken down with the subscription free to play it allowed everyone access and it got bad. Hardcore gamers could isolate themselves behind a paywall that is inexpensive, done right there’s your tourney prize money for the winners. Similar to what World of Tanks does but the small fee kind of keeps out people who are out to ruin the fun of other hardcore gamers. The current setup is for A) a hodgepodge of everyone B) ranked where 1 vs 1 is only place available C) hold an objective which I never has matches and D) Blitz, a money grab for micro transaction. There should be casual 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2 and 3 vs 3 as well as ranked. No room for new players means no new players. No new players means no profit in making more RTS games means no HW3. So it will be the same small group of people playing HW2 for a long time...fun. Perhaps the Blitz can be changed for true hardcore fans and instead of blitz packs, purchase tokens for seasons that start new seasons quarterly...what’s five or ten dollars every three months to ensure you are playing others that are serious about rankings. Like professional sports your new hardcore gamers will progress through the hodgepodge matches to casual matches. You get what you get in casual matches so no crying about newbies there but you start to play a bit more seriously and some players will want to test themselves and enter the hardcore series for 5-10$/season. And look...I’m old as -Yoink- compared to most you all so why anyone wants to smurf or how you do it is beyond me, but I think that would eliminate the problems with that too
Bring on the ban.

If you want to go all-in and rush, cool. That takes the heat off of me and allows me to strengthen.

If you want to go Condor/Scarab brah, cool. At least I know you're going to be bringing a big distraction just before the 10-minutes mark.

But I've lost count of the number of low level players who:
-Build units and keep them at their own base even as their teammates are getting trounced
-Refuse to capture power nodes
-Don't bother with map control
-Don't respond to your scouting information
I think the biggest issue with this idea is that if you ban people below rank 40 from ranked, they're never going to learn how to play ranked. You'll learn more from losing than you ever will winning and that's just a part of getting into comp. It sucks that they drag you down with them, but it really can't be avoided without alienating people who don't have prior experience in competitive play.
Do not flame/attack others or make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Do not flame/attack others or make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
While I'm not a moderator, I feel I shouldn't have to say that this is the forums. Where you can post complaints no matter how personal or widespread the issue may be.

That being said, there's no need to belittle others on the forums because you think their posts lack the body needed to be actual complaints. If the mods thought this post was breaking any rules in play, they would have locked it and deleted it or corrected the text. They did not so far, so it stays for now.

You may disagree with the OP, but try to keep it civil and stop putting them down.
Do not post inappropriate comments.

Spoiler:
Show
While I'm not a moderator, I feel I shouldn't have to say that this is the forums. Where you can post complaints no matter how personal or widespread the issue may be.

That being said, there's no need to belittle others on the forums because you think their posts lack the body needed to be actual complaints. If the mods thought this post was breaking any rules in play, they would have locked it and deleted it or corrected the text. They did not so far, so it stays for now.

You may disagree with the OP, but try to keep it civil and stop putting them down.
You are missing the point also I think that a level cap of 40 is also a bad idea but there are better ways of saying it. I think that a level cap of at least 20 is more reasonable
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2