Best/favorite 3v3 team composition

OP RKO Star Fox

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
I run with a 3v3 team and we usually have some good leader chemistry(I run as decimus or jerome) but I'm always up for advice and new strategies. What's everyone's most successful combo they've played with?
The nastiest combo I've seen was Jerome, Serina and Forge. With those 3, you will be able to dominate the early game and the entire map. My team had literally no answer. I just left early because I could tell that we were about to get the sausage and I wanted no parts of that...

Here's the game

Another combo I've seen was Arbiter, Johnson and Jerome. The Arbiter rushes and Johnson drops a Bunker and they get in. It's suprisingly effective because Johnson can keep dropping it in and reinforcing the attack. His leader is also a nuisance inside of it

Here's the game
Most successful?
Forge Forge Forge lol
marmy080 wrote:
Most successful?
Forge Forge Forge lol
This is also pretty much unstoppable lol. Only thing is that Forge is 'meh' mid-game without his hog. Going all air to counter his grizzlies does nicely lol
Dray5k wrote:
marmy080 wrote:
Most successful?
Forge Forge Forge lol
This is also pretty much unstoppable lol. Only thing is that Forge is 'meh' mid-game without his hog. Going all air to counter his grizzlies does nicely lol
Yeah that might work onve the anvil round hitting air thing is fixed but rn two forge hogs can just drive in and literally wipe an entire air pop just like that.
Okay, let's set aside the triple forge meta. I try to steer clear of using forge.
I play a lot of 3v3s with a couple of buddies of mine and we usually go
Shipmaster/Arbiter
Colony
Jerome
Shipmaster/Arbiter and Colony work really well together, utilizing the hit and run tactics combined with Colony's tankiness allows you to handle most situations and control certain areas of the battlefield.
I choose random mostly, but I've found Jerome works really well with this team comp as I can keep a low pop count at the beginning and focus on building a solid economy and army to clean up late game.
Okay, let's set aside the triple forge meta. I try to stir clear of using forge.
Just faced two different teams of triple forge. It's literally not even fair how strong they are. My entire team just said -Yoink- it and rushed to tech 2 because we knew that we had no shot at map control. Vic Rattlesnake was in that game and on my team. -Yoink- was ridiculous smh
Dray5k wrote:
Okay, let's set aside the triple forge meta. I try to stir clear of using forge.
Just faced two different teams of triple forge. It's literally not even fair how strong they are. My entire team just said -Yoink- it and rushed to tech 2 because we knew that we had no shot at map control. Vic Rattlesnake was in that game and on my team. -Yoink- was ridiculous smh
I ran into this a few times... it's sad because as soon as you see the hog, you're early game army is gone. I tried the whole race to tech 2 but he wipes anything with the anvil, so instead of wasting my time I just resign now.
marmy080 wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
marmy080 wrote:
Most successful?
Forge Forge Forge lol
Yeah that might work onve the anvil round hitting air thing is fixed but rn two forge hogs can just drive in and literally wipe an entire air pop just like that.
One Forge hog wiped out my entire army. It was ridiculous.
Dray5k wrote:
I ran into this a few times... it's sad because as soon as you see the hog, you're early game army is gone. I tried the whole race to tech 2 but he wipes anything with the anvil, so instead of wasting my time I just resign now.
Yeah. It's to the point where you can't even go Hunters or Cyclopes because his Hog is just that good. Forge Players ALWAYS go grizzlies also so it's pretty much all air or nothing
Dray5k wrote:
Dray5k wrote:
Yeah. It's to the point where you can't even go Hunters or Cyclopes because his Hog is just that good. Forge Players ALWAYS go grizzlies also so it's pretty much all air or nothing
Grizzlies and wolverines... take the lesser of two evils. :(
I like to run 2 shipmasters and a force, forge supports the ship masters while they use their honor guard to terrorize the enemy teams and eliminate one of the or feed the honor guard to veteran you 3, by 10 mins
Pavium/Anders/Forge

Pavium goes Hero and Grunts, Anders goes Hero and Marines with an early expo, Forge fast techs and goes Hero and Hogs. This is good for a timing push, but of course you want to scout before you do anything.

In mid game Pavium goes Marauders, Anders forms an infantry ball (Cyclops, Marine, Hero) with Nightingale support, and Forge keeps doing what he's doing.

Then when Anders gets the Retriever and Forge gets Grizzly Battalion you can push. Pavium and Forgehog's Y ability can stun an army for while a long moment, and you can Scatterbomb and Rain of Fire at the same time to completely wipe an army.
I run with a 3v3 team and we usually have some good leader chemistry(I run as decimus or jerome) but I'm always up for advice and new strategies. What's everyone's most successful combo they've played with?
When ever I play with my crew, our go to strat is colony, Izzy, and decimus.

It offers a lot of flexibility because the spartan marine + chopper + goliaths make for a great rush.

we’ve also done well with a delayed Goliath rush with mass choppers, hogs, and 12-14 goliaths.

If if we aren’t rushing, double chopper sui does well for map control while Izzy techs you. From there we go deci air with Izzy vehicles and colony as the utility defense player.
Dray5k wrote:
The nastiest combo I've seen was Jerome, Serina and Forge. With those 3, you will be able to dominate the early game and the entire map. My team had literally no answer.
I've seen this combo before and it is nasty. Jerome dominates early whilst forge techs. By mid game you're fighting jeromes enhanced army whilst forgehog plus vehicles is doing what it does but worse is that every single engagement you get ice on your army one way or another. Eventually you get steamrolled by grizzlies often with a jerome condor backup, oh and more ice.
Triple jackrabbit rush. Works every time ;-)
I also seem to remember playing you recently?
I agree with THEWALL766.. Deci trox and colony makes me wet. I love seing a forgehog out early game! absolutely easy to destroy
This convo looks like it smoothly transitioned from fresh forgehog-meta terrorization in August to the latest patch
Johnson, Atriox and Decimus/Cutter/Kinsano is really nasty.
Johnson and Kinsano can stun a group of units and Atriox will just drop Eradication and your army is dead.
Oh and Inferno + Erad on bases is mean and evil
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5