Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Best Leaders for Firefight? and best Strategies?

OP LSUTIGER1010

Hello fellow gamers,
Really enjoyed the new DLC. The campaign was great probably the best missions they have ever made. And firefight, talk about awesome. It is quite challenging, especially on heroic or legendary. I made it to level 49 with a guy who was really good and had a great strategy of pushing forward quickly and maxing out all the turrets while using all the turret slots. But I want to go further than that, what are the best leaders for Firefight? #1-10? And what are some tips and strategies to make it really far in firefight?
I played as Deci and got to 40 by myself. It was pretty easy until mass air came in and nuked the Terminus before I could even do anything. Warlord gets 3 stars from a single veterancy drop, and after that he becomes the embodiment of destruction. The only thing that comes to mind is Oppenheimer's famous quote: "I am become death, destroyer of worlds."

This dude will kill 4+ Honor Guards with one Y ability. He can tackle waves of enemies on his own.

So, yeah, I'd recommend Decimus.
I played as Deci and got to 40 by myself. It was pretty easy until mass air came in and nuked the Terminus before I could even do anything. Warlord gets 3 stars from a single veterancy drop, and after that he becomes the embodiment of destruction. The only thing that comes to mind is Oppenheimer's famous quote: "I am become death, destroyer of worlds."

This dude will kill 4+ Honor Guards with one Y ability. He can tackle waves of enemies on his own.

So, yeah, I'd recommend Decimus.
Nice, yea Ill try him next time. Yea Decimus is one of the best multiplayer leaders from the original list of leaders..Him and Forge lol
Mass air. Literally built 50 troops all game and killed 750 with just hornets and nightingales. Because stupid ground units can't go through barricades. Air allows you 100% map freedom and they are good vs everything.
Johnson is pretty good since he gets free buildings at some point. Saves a lot of money. Also unlimited bunkers with remote sensors provides a ton of vision for siege weapons.
Johnson is pretty good since he gets free buildings at some point. Saves a lot of money. Also unlimited bunkers with remote sensors provides a ton of vision for siege weapons.
I totally forgot about the free building slots. That's a give help late game rebuilding everything that gets destroyed. The mantises and colossi and great too with the mech overcharge power.
I got to wave 53 with a random in a Pavium and Serena pair. A Mega Turret at each Pavium slot plus Serena's ice really helps. Pavium's overcharging for quick resources also helps a lot.
Anders for sentinels and siege turrets
Are there leaderboards for firefight?
Are there leaderboards for firefight?
Yes there are. It's with the other multiplayer stats.
Forge is the best and strongest :)
1.Fast expand (include minibases) and increase Tier as fast as possible.
2.Build siege turrets as many as possible.
3.You can play terminus firefight endlessly :)))))
Me and my buddies went triple Pavium. By about round 30-40 our main bases would have 3 mega-turrets on our back rows. mega-turrets on the starting mini-bases and about 5-6 Blisterbacks. The only mobile units we had where Reavers and Engineers (and Pavium). Ground units never breached the artillery, but even with 13, 3-star Reavers each, we lost to massed Vultures and Hornets eventually.
VENOM ACR wrote:
Mass air. Literally built 50 troops all game and killed 750 with just hornets and nightingales. Because stupid ground units can't go through barricades. Air allows you 100% map freedom and they are good vs everything.
hahaha I had a bunch of air up until maybe a wave in the mid 20's... they came from 2 locations with about 100 wolves and 50 warthogs it seemed like (over exaggerating obviously)... When you are looking at a full screen of wolves, it sure looks like there are 100... Needless to say they whooped my air, but the exploding barrels, Vordius, and his leader powers wiped them up...
Johnson and yap yap

FOr Johnson Building barrier and turrets that the ememies have a hard time destroy because of bunker down.

Yap yap....spam heavy grunts and hunters......they can take down everything until mass air comes out of no where
Johnson's mechs work well.

They're good overall units. We made it past 50 or 55, and I never built a barracks or air pad.
I can't take credit as i saw another player doing this and thought it was a great idea. on the spots where there is the 5 barricades, two in front two in back and one in the middle, the player put bunker barricades in the top left and bottom right corners, and a stun trap in the middle. He giving the enemy their path to destruction.
Basically from what I've seen is one leader with good area control (like Serena or Voritus) combined with a leader who's good at ranged (Pavium, maybe Anders with her Sentinel Kodiacs) and one roamer to clean up the rest.