Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Best Locust Strategy?

OP AntiProgramZERO

Hey guys, i am posting here today regarding the locust unit. So i am a new player on the game and i realized how good the locust are. I see a lot of potential in this unit, is there any known strategies that could use them efficiently in competitive games? And what is the best way to use them with the commanders?

Personally for the moment i use Pavium as commander: i collect as much ressources as i can with Burnout and i noticed with his ability Orbital Designator the range and the damages of the locust increase. So generally at 15 minutes of the game i have 2 big batch of locust on different locations of the map, keeping them in movment and destroying the enemies base, paying attention so they dont get attacked
Locusts are for breaking turtles. It's also good to have one (max 2) in your army when you're being aggressive. Spamming Locust is a good way to lose. They're not good unit vs unit.
Ah, well i guess i will have to change that
4-5 locust, 4 shrouds, a few hunters, wraiths, reavers and engis makes a good combo. Use shippy to get the increased LOS so you just kite the enemy team with the locust
Play as Shipmaster, use teleport on half a dozen Locusts behind bases, blow base up and tele back out, gg
Play as Shipmaster, use teleport on half a dozen Locusts behind bases, blow base up and tele back out, gg
Alright i will try it ;)
Alright i will try it ;)
Yes, ship master is definitively the best commander regarding this locust strategy. Now i build 2x less locust (between 10 and 12), i reinforce my units with his spirit ability (reinforcing lost locust with the teleportation from by base) and teleport the enemy troops that could be a treat for my locust