Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Best units to use with the Scarab?

OP PremedSix45

I just got Halo Wars 2 and I finally discovered how to make Scarabs. I want to do a 2v2 with my friend, and I was wondering what units work best along side the Scarabs. They are pretty hard to make, and I don't want to send any out without the proper support. Any tips?
You'll pretty much always want to have engineers with it no question, how much is up to you but I'd say at least 5. As for other units it is really flexible and depends on the situation, but if your enemy has air be certain to build reavers with it.
You'll pretty much always want to have engineers with it no question, how much is up to you but I'd say at least 5. As for other units it is really flexible and depends on the situation, but if your enemy has air be certain to build reavers with it.
Thank you! You advice was really helpful!
Just wondering, if I were to pair up with another player, and I was using Scarabs, what units should the other player build?
I agree with healers and 1 or 2 shroud for the first question.

Now you sound like Scarab is your initial strategy... It's an expensive T3 unit and the games begin way before that so yes Scarab in the end game is good but I see some noobs teching endlessly only to get a Scarab out at the 10th minutes and if you play against half decent players the game will already be over by then because the teching guy didn't play t1 and t2 so contributed strongly to losing the control of the map (Power nodes especially)

So going scarab isn't a strategy by itself... it might be but it's a bad one however if I had to pair it with something else it would be vultures but again those are 2 T3 expensive late game unit....
I just got Halo Wars 2 and I finally discovered how to make Scarabs. I want to do a 2v2 with my friend, and I was wondering what units work best along side the Scarabs. They are pretty hard to make, and I don't want to send any out without the proper support. Any tips?
Healing units and AA
I don't really have people to play against so I mostly vs the AI opponents and you can dominate most, if not all, AIs with a pair of Scarabs and about a dozen fully upgraded Engineers. Move your Scarabs in first to take out most units and structures and have your squad of Engineers hanging back out of the fight, but close enough to heal any serious damage your Scarabs may take.
Just wondering, if I were to pair up with another player, and I was using Scarabs, what units should the other player build?
The other player should scout and build counter units accordingly. You will need a lot and I mean a lot of power in order to do that, so map control is essential.

Usually counter units have crappy building damage, but the scarab will supply plenty.
That again will entirely depend on the situation. Assuming your teammate doesn't build scarabs of there own, they need to focus on building an army to directly take on the enemy (like AA if the enemy builds air). If your teammate keeps his army with you they shouldn't need to worry about base destroying units cause the scarab can take care of that, but if they don't stick with you it again entirely depends on their situation.
Long story short there is no direct answer to that question, as it depends on too many factors to answer here, such as whether or not the teammate sticks close to the scarab. Assuming the teammate DOES stick near the scarab, your entire teams strategy will likely mold around the scarab and its defense.
Infantry, AA, healers.
That's short for cannon fodder, Anti Air, and healing. The Hunter captin I feel has best scarab, due to combated repair, and healing swarm or what ever. The amount of heals for that Scarab is nuts.