With playing Halo Wars 2 Blitz Beta for about five hours i can honestly save the game mode is fun and innovated.Really enjoy the completing the Challenges, and playing with different Leaders and Leader specific units. The game has made signification improvements sense the last beta. But with all the improvements that have been made, a few issues persist. Mainly with the controls. The controls seem to be unresponsive at times to the point that individually selecting units doesn't work. Especially if you are cycling trough units using the right trigger. They seem to always stay together or move the entire squad when you don't want them to. Example, when selecting all units or local units and you want the air units to go a strategic part of the map. And you cycle to the air units and move them, they stay with local units. When this happen it makes it time consuming to individually press A on the unit to move them where you want. Also the Control Layout is counter intuitive and inaccurate when selecting cards, commonly selecting and deploying the wrong unit into battle. Below is a list of the issues/ features that will improve the game.
1) When selecting Cards to deploy, have the option to use the D Pad or Left and Right Bumpers to select cards left to right. This will increase accuracy when selecting cards then using the left joy stick. Especially when the card menu glitches and you have no visualization on what card you are picking.
2)Have the capability to create your own controls, or have multiple control styles to choose from, and also includes a save style for an XBOX Elite Controller. Example, have a control style that is similar to Halo Wars. I much rather prefer the Left Trigger to be the Fast Camera Movement. Not only is that the same as the Original Halo Wars. But the triggers a much more durable then the Left and Right Bumpers. I have replaces multiple controls because of L&RB spring breaks or the button no longer works. From play over 1900 hours of Halo Wars I can tell you that the only way to move around map is by using the Fast Camera Movement.
3) Units selection needs to be more responsive and visually noticeable. There is a visually obvious delay when cycling units using the RT to the point that you always over cycle wasting needed seconds to stay competitive. Also it is visually difficult to see what units your selecting, and i sitting 8 feet away for a 65" TV. Have the Units pop out and have a highlight box behind the units to select similar to Halo Wars.
4) In Blitzs, the Cards block the view of cycling units using RT, Especially when the card menu glitches and covers the bottom of the screen. This makes it very difficult to Micro Manage units in battle.
5) Mini Map, The map is in a good location and perfect size. But the map has a bad way of notifying the player of Teammates Flairs and when the reactor pods are going to drop. Every notification is a white circle with no sound. The color of the circle should be the color of your teammate, so there is a higher level of communication between players. Halo Wars flair system is perfect, and should be implemented into Halo Wars 2.
6) Micro Managing units is basic. Almost no skill required.This can be taken badly with high level players. Microing units is a skill that is used in Halo Wars to help improve your odds in battle. Often the deciding factor in a battle. This is basically gone in Halo Wars 2, mainly due to the maps. All the maps that were playable for the two betas have no open areas to have full army vs full army and be able to move and shoot at the same time. Every map funnels units, making it difficult to micro and slows down the pace of battle.
7) Every units in the Blitz beta has enormous amount of heath and deals very little damage. Now there is now way to compare if this is the case for all the games modes. But if that is the case, the game will always be slow pace. The best aspect of Halo Wars is the fast pace nature of the game. Allowing strategies of the player to really show in battle. In the Blitz Beta, the only strategy that seems to be the best is to have more deploy-able units and units with long range. No micro, no hard counters, no hard hitting units like Power Turret Tanks in the Original Halo Wars.
8) Units Y abilities. In the Blitz beta, only a small number have a Y ability. Now if that is only the case in Blitz that should be fine, I can see the balancing feature of that decision in this game mode. But is that is the case for the entire game, there is now no need to micro your units. You can just tell your units to attack and army or a base, and you sit and watch. If this is the case, regular game modes will get boring. Sense you don't have any interactions with all unit types, and do have the Micro chance to doge opponents Y abilities make strategic movements no longer a factor of the game-play.
All in all, the game is good. But to be honest, Halo Wars is still a better game. Mainly because of the fast pace nature of the game, and the units have a more realistic feel of health, damage, movement speed, much better controls and response time with units.