Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Blitz Beta – Blitz Feedback Thread

OP Forum Team

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 41
I don't think you should add 50 more points to a grunt squad just because they can "rush." It totally defeats the point of a rush. Why you waste so many points on this unit just so you could put it down slightly farther away from your base?

Also, there's no "all units" button. That's pretty bothersome.
it would be nice If you could look at the control layout before you Claim that there isnt an all units button :). Because there is :)
blitz is a cool idea but im not a fan of how it is now. i hope they dont waste to much time on it. as long as skrimish is good and has smart ai. if the story takes place in 343s awful halo 4 and 5 universe than its already doomed to suck, but i hop it takes place in the original trilogy
Ok well that seems a bit unbalanced... 2 Nightshades and one other unit could take out 2 blisterbacks 1 banshe as well as about 3 or 4 different infintry types.... WTF is goin on it was like he TURTLED with them 2 nightshades and i wasnt able to do -Yoink- its health drain was non exsistent.
I don't think you should add 50 more points to a grunt squad just because they can "rush." It totally defeats the point of a rush. Why you waste so many points on this unit just so you could put it down slightly farther away from your base?

Also, there's no "all units" button. That's pretty bothersome.
it would be nice If you could look at the control layout before you Claim that there isnt an all units button :). Because there is :)
Q is local units so what is on screen.....and E is every unit
Kokonite wrote:
ParkAir024 wrote:
RomanAtol wrote:
I dont know where this hate is coming from..... I actually quite enjoyed it and think Blitz is a great game to increase longevity. The game ran silky smooth, except for a few hiccups with friendly no responding to command. I feel that they could tweak the way i can choose the card. It feels clunky and personally takes a good amount of the screen, perhaps make the cards a bit smaller or sort them in a way that it looks pleasing.
I played 3v3 and was very chaotic and pleasing to play. Superb music and great graphics with awesome gameplay is what i feel like i got in the beta. Fix the minor things and this game will be ready for retail.
People don't like the fact that the game type is only really in the game for micro-transactions. Myself, and alot of other people, hate micro-transactions in AAA games. Thats one of the reasons why I hated halo 5.
Halo 5 micro-transactions allowed us to have zero paid DLC and a bunch of free content for longer than they initially intended, while having near zero impact in PvP. At most it gives you a single life edge where you could call in that cool tank or ship.

No, the micro transactions did now allow us to have zero paid DLC. At the very least it allowed 343 to finish an incomplete game, that arguably, is still incomplete in terms of what makes a Halo game a Halo game. The REQ system is no better than this card system. But arguably the card system is even worse.
Im finding the beta of this new game type very entertaining. However to make it a more level playing field you should not allow the purchase of decks. Also I am having issues with the decks not appearing once unlocked. Other tha that Im not finding any issues.
I don't like blitz. the cards are confusing, games very short, no building... kinda wrecking halo wars.🤔 Also the match making voice from halo don't think we need that....👍🏻
Yeah, that seems completely unnecessary. Overkill! Killtrocity! Millionaire! Are you serious? Get that stuff outta here. What were they thinking. In a RTS game, really.
I think blitz is fine besides the fact the matching standards are way off I'm a level 2 and as normal I get pared with a level 1 or 2 but there the issue of who I'm fight which is usually a level 7 and 6
blitz is a cool idea but im not a fan of how it is now. i hope they dont waste to much time on it. as long as skrimish is good and has smart ai. if the story takes place in 343s awful halo 4 and 5 universe than its already doomed to suck, but i hop it takes place in the original trilogy
Well it's happening after halo 5 so chances are it could suck like the last to halo storylines or because halo wars is in it's own universe it has the potential to be a great halo game which we long to see I have it pre ordered and I hope I didn't waste my money but I'm going to give it a chance
My second day of playing the beta i ran against 3 players that totally destroyed my team and my teamates with spam scarabs. I dont think that a team has the ability to have 3 scarabs, Anyone run into this? I would have been alright with them coming back for the win if it wasnt scarabs pushing us into our begining spawn and continuing on with spawn trapping us.
Another person who just builds 4 NIGHTSHADES .... My god what an exploit and a half u cant do antything against them ... even if u have double the units thoes nightshade support things are Far too overpowered TURTLING Bampots
Things that need fixing :

A lot of Bugs, Especially the mouse in some games i can't even move my units because i can't select them or direct them.
Performance seems to get bad for all players if one has a bad pc which is not that great.
Blitz is sadly really unbalanced right now, locusts, blusterbacks are too strong and the sentinels are pretty weak.
The map is ok but a bit boring because there is literally nothing on this map.
Blitz itself is a bit too short in my opinion and the energy climb is too slow.
Also i would prefer to choose from all cards in my deck and rather have cooldown on each card than having to rely on luck to get the card i want to spawn, also remove the cost for passing a card.

Battleforge was pretty similar to blitz but did a lot better, maybe you should have a look at that.
Hello, I want to make a suggestion to the game. If micro-transactions are added in Blitz, there should be a way to balance micro-transactions and progression in Blitz. I am assuming you guys, 343 and Creative Assembly, are going to put micro-transactions on Blitz cards so the consumers can buy cards to level up or get new cards.
Suggestion
To balance leveling the cards to infinity because a consumer paid a bunch of money, the card should have a required amount of plays. This means that the card has to be played a certain amount of time before it can level up. The card will still have to get experience from getting the same card in a card pack, but the card will also be required to be played a certain amount of times. This system will make you guys earn money still, but not let it to be a pay to win situation.
Example Card (Sort of)

Card Name

Picture

Xp to Lvl
1/10

Required Amount
Of Playtimes
2/50

Final Words
I really strongly suggest this suggestion. This would balance the micro-transaction situation from becoming a pay to win. And you guys on the forums, please like this comment to get 343 and Creative Assembly to see this forum and leave any additional suggestions if you have a suggestion to the game.

Spoiler:
Show
I feel like the Banished is under powered to the UNSC. I have used them almost every game and have lost all but one. I think it may be more of my lack of skill, but it always seems that UNSC players have more Units, always.

The Scarab seems slow at killing, yet dies fast, I get it has that shield, but using it is pointless. Its a waste of points. the Condor on the other hand needs a nerf, its way to powerful and seems to kill everything in one or two hits max, that and its a bullet sponge.

Also, while it may just be me, I think something is wrong with the stick controls for choosing cards, I have to move the stick up to get the center cards and moving it side to side only highlights the side cards, why can we not just be able to scroll left to right? Also, while a personal opinion, why should we lose energy when if we want to swap the card out with another? I don't get it. its a waste of energy and just makes the game even harder to actually win.

Why can we not just have the option to scroll left or right and have all the cards lined up next to each other? think of it like Xbox Minecrafts skin choosing UI where to hold the stick left or right and it moves in that direction.

Lastly, I think we should be able to customize starting armies with all units from like 10 to 50 energy, maybe 80 at most just so we can have them ironclad hunters.

EDIT: Wait, do units have only half health if spawned away from base?
RomanAtol wrote:
My second day of playing the beta i ran against 3 players that totally destroyed my team and my teamates with spam scarabs. I dont think that a team has the ability to have 3 scarabs, Anyone run into this? I would have been alright with them coming back for the win if it wasnt scarabs pushing us into our begining spawn and continuing on with spawn trapping us.
no, they can, if they all had 300 energy. My problem is that all games seem to be one sided, I cant ever win a game. I have played like 10 or 12 games and all but one have been defeats. I don't know how people do it in this mode.
Please make similar to halo wars 1 it is such a great game to even change the way it's done maybe yeah new troops is all good but the way of how it's played please do not change.
This game needs a re-join function. This is imperative for a game like this when you can invest over an hour in a game and then *POOF* your out. It happened in HW1 and it's happened a few times in the beta to me and my friends.

Destiny has a re-join function and this game needs it more than ever.

All it needs is if the connection dips and it's not intentional then allow rejoin within a short period of time and with the units you had at the time.
<ul class="post-actions-list">[/list]
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
RomanAtol wrote:
My second day of playing the beta i ran against 3 players that totally destroyed my team and my teamates with spam scarabs. I dont think that a team has the ability to have 3 scarabs, Anyone run into this? I would have been alright with them coming back for the win if it wasnt scarabs pushing us into our begining spawn and continuing on with spawn trapping us.
no, they can, if they all had 300 energy. My problem is that all games seem to be one sided, I cant ever win a game. I have played like 10 or 12 games and all but one have been defeats. I don't know how people do it in this mode.
Agree to disagree, it doesnt seem right that you can push from a zome to the other teams starting spawn with ease. Sure ya you can use your 300 energy im not arguing on that. Im arguing that there should be some limit to how many there can be at a single moment. Heck, CoD had helicopters at a limit to at least give the oponent a chance to come back. We were winning up until that point and each wave we prepared was only in vein when 2 more scarabs spawn and rush to our spawn. At leaset make it a bit less mobile.
It seems almost every time I play brawl it just crashes. The other modes haven't crashed once for me but nine times out of ten even if there is nothing going on in the match it just crashes
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 41