OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 41
I don't like blitz. the cards are confusing, games very short, no building... kinda wrecking halo wars.🤔 Also the match making voice from halo don't think we need that....👍🏻
Open Mic on PC by default needs to go ASAP.
Well considering some of the cards require Sgt. Forge as your leader, you guys seem to have spoiled something big just saying
Who's idea was it to constantly see the enemy teams location and even view their units through fog of war? This is horribly amateur hour.
For one...where are the elephants and jackals? They need to be in there. Another thing I noticed is that the wolverines seem very underpowered as well as the grunts (I know they are supposed to be weak but they shouldn't be that weak, maybe a very slight buff)
I don't like blitz. the cards are confusing, games very short, no building... kinda wrecking halo wars.🤔 Also the match making voice from halo don't think we need that....👍🏻
I agree with you on the voice part 100%. As far as blitz being bad it is not the main gamemode and as a side gamemode I am willing to accept it.
RhysWX wrote:
Not specifically gameplay related but more user interface.

When opening a pack of cards, the player needs to press a button (LT I think) to reveal each card, or they can press Y to reveal all cards at once. I don't know why this was added, I can only assume to make each card reveal rewarding or something but it just seems like a pointless extra button press, especially when you look at Halo 5's REQ system.

Opening a pack should just reveal all card contents rather than forcing the user to go through an extra button press. It would give the player much more time in the menu during games to open packs, grab their cards and get back into it.
You have the option to open them all at once...maybe they could add a setting to open all cards instantly but I don't see it as the #1 issue right now. I think things like balancing and lack of units is a huge problem (where are the elephants and jackals?)
Personally, I think having enemy units show up in FOW is a bad touch, it's allowed me to intercept and completely annihilate the enemy on so many occassions right now, and as everyone should know, losses tend to drive people away. So if a newbie gets completely decimated by a person who's played RTS for a long time, it's gonna be bad sure, but coupled to that the fact the enemy can actually see you in the FOW, it's gonna drive them away faster. I've had 3 people quit on me for that same reason as well (I sent them a message after asking why and, to varying degrees, the reply was due to FOW showing position and they thought if they can see me, I can see them).

Other than that.. Scarab. God damn I hate that thing.. I think we had to deal with 4 scarabs in the last game? XD

EDIT: I should also mention there seems to be some lag when selecting and deploying units on the Xbox One version, especially when it's a cluster-buck fight.

Also, I'd like the addition of an "All Units" button again please. I've constantly hit the left bumped to select all units only for nothing to happen. It would help so much when we're unsure of what units we have left
Halokid003 wrote:
RhysWX wrote:

When opening a pack of cards, the player needs to press a button (LT I think) to reveal each card, or they can press Y to reveal all cards at once. I don't know why this was added, I can only assume to make each card reveal rewarding or something but it just seems like a pointless extra button press, especially when you look at Halo 5's REQ system.

Opening a pack should just reveal all card contents rather than forcing the user to go through an extra button press. It would give the player much more time in the menu during games to open packs, grab their cards and get back into it.
You have the option to open them all at once...maybe they could add a setting to open all cards instantly but I don't see it as the #1 issue right now. I think things like balancing and lack of units is a huge problem (where are the elephants and jackals?)
Balancing and lack of units is obviously a priority but I find it hard to believe the UI team is involved with any of that.

An extra button press is pointless.
Add higher unit count and bigger maps...even for blitz the map is too small.
RhysWX wrote:
Halokid003 wrote:
RhysWX wrote:

Balancing and lack of units is obviously a priority but I find it hard to believe the UI team is involved with any of that.

I like the option, I say they should add your idea in addition to keeping what they have. Maybe via the settings menu.
Halokid003 wrote:
RhysWX wrote:
Halokid003 wrote:
RhysWX wrote:

I like the option, I say they should add your idea in addition to keeping what they have. Maybe via the settings menu.
Or they could remove the pointless flipping and display the cards immediately.
Hawk269 wrote:
Using a controller on both versions, when you press the "L" trigger to call up the 4 cards, selecting them with the analog stick seems very twitchy. I have had it jump on me a few times and deploy a unit I was not intending to deploy. It just feels a little too loose and twitchy. Since the game mode is fast paced, you need good control on selecting the cards and right now it just seems a little too twitchy. Perhaps allowing the use of the D-Pad and/or configuring the cards in a Dpad formation, It might take up too much screen real estate, or perhaps make them a little smaller. But something needs to be tweaked
same problem here!! fix this please!
Apex Slide wrote:
Personally, I think having enemy units show up in FOW is a bad touch, it's allowed me to intercept and completely annihilate the enemy on so many occassions right now, and as everyone should know, losses tend to drive people away. So if a newbie gets completely decimated by a person who's played RTS for a long time, it's gonna be bad sure, but coupled to that the fact the enemy can actually see you in the FOW, it's gonna drive them away faster. I've had 3 people quit on me for that same reason as well (I sent them a message after asking why and, to varying degrees, the reply was due to FOW showing position and they thought if they can see me, I can see them).

Other than that.. Scarab. God damn I hate that thing.. I think we had to deal with 4 scarabs in the last game? XD

EDIT: I should also mention there seems to be some lag when selecting and deploying units on the Xbox One version, especially when it's a cluster-buck fight.

Also, I'd like the addition of an "All Units" button again please. I've constantly hit the left bumped to select all units only for nothing to happen. It would help so much when we're unsure of what units we have left
The fog of war thing is only for blitz but there is certain cards that do not show up in fog of war. The invisible cards like the special Marauder the shipmaster has people use it all the time to sneak supplies.
Only real issue I have is how long it takes the game to load when first starting up, but this is only a minor inconvenience. After that everything loads and transitions quite nicely
They need to change controls for cards selection or give alternative scheme.
Let not hold the trigger for cards ejection, but push one time to eject and second to back.
Let to choose the cards using left and right directions on stick(stick rotation isnt so good)
I think that cards are pretty hard to understand when you just start to playing. You need to act fast, but you reading, and trying to firuge out the images, text, icons and what is going on. Maybe it's hard for me because i'm mot the native speaker i don't know. Maybe the name of units on cards need to be bigger?
I don't like the main menu UI. Background with arts looks pretty good, but the horizontal "line" of options(campaing, multiplayer etc.) on the top too "invisible".

P.S. Sorry for my English.
Copy/pasted from a different thread since I seemingly posted my feedback in the wrong place (my bad):

Just played 4 rounds of Blitz beta and I have to say it was great fun. I played it both on xbox (tutorial) and PC (PvP). I noticed on PC that sometimes the activation of cards got a bit sticky. I clicked the card, clicked where I wanted it and it didn't do it. Like there was half a second delay. Sometimes it just deselected the card I was trying to play. This didn't happen to often and only when I tried to play the cards really fast, but honestly - cards are going to want to be played really fast xD Anyone else experience this?

Game is running super smooth and Blitz mode is quite fun. I hope Firefight gets added to the beta eventually and that they have a whole lot more of Blitz mode planned down the road. Keep the mode alive with fresh content.
They need to change controls for cards selection or give alternative scheme.
Let not hold the trigger for cards ejection, but push one time to eject and second to back.
Let to choose the cards using left and right directions on stick(stick rotation isnt so good)
I think that cards are pretty hard to understand when you just start to playing. You need to act fast, but you reading, and trying to firuge out the images, text, icons and what is going on. Maybe it's hard for me because i'm mot the native speaker i don't know. Maybe the name of units on cards need to be bigger?
I don't like the main menu UI. Background with arts looks pretty good, but the horizontal "line" of options(campaing, multiplayer etc.) on the top too "invisible".

P.S. Sorry for my English.
I agree about the choosing the cards. It should be left-right. The rotation thing is awkward.
we need a score increase in 3v3 blitz like 300
Apex Slide wrote:

The button to select all units is double tap rb. As per halo wars 1, you can use right trigger to then cycle through selected units. The button changes and general layout is my biggest gripe actually. There was nothing wrong with the original halo wars layout.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 41