2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 41
9 minutes was kind of short for the 3v3 Brawl mode. It literally ended as the climax of the match was beginning and was kinda a bummer..but other than that the game has improved and impressed.
Is so good!
This thread is super long so I'm sure some of this has been said already. I'm playing on PC and these are mostly suggestions. The only bug I've had is the stuck units and once a card got stuck in a selected state.

I think the gist of it is, "have you guys never played a PC game before?"
  • Share control group shortcuts across all game modes. Why is Blitz different? And why can't I reuse the same command for Blitz? It's not like I can play multiple game modes at the same time.
  • Allow Zoom on the scroll wheel. C'mon guys, what are you doing?
  • Allow rotate on mouse-down center mouse + move. Maybe tilt as well if possible but really necessary.
  • Increase maximum zoom distance. It feels pretty claustrophobic atm.
  • Allow Esc for pause menu. Seriously? This is pretty much standard since the dawn of time now
  • When changing a keybinding, there is a dialogue box that pops up to let you know that you just changed a key binding. You can't press enter to close it so you have to mouse over and click the okay button. It takes 2-3 times as long to close this dialogue box as it does to actually change the key binding. This is completely unnecessary and just makes changing your keys a giant pain. Just update the value like every other PC game I've played. I just did it on purpose and I"ll see it update. Maybe make it flash or something if you want to bring the user's attention to it. The dialogue box is excessive.
  • There needs to be a way to mute people on PC. I'm sick of listening to people eat chips, play music, and generally talk about everything but the game. I even had to listen to some jerk blast super loud garbled static for a whole game. I don't like playing with no sound...
  • Speaking of muting other players, how about doing that by default? Or giving us an option to mute all players by default.
  • When viewing cards, very little detail is provided. We have no idea how strong, tough, or fast one card is compared to another. Please add stats to the cards. Health, armor, attack, dps, aoe, etc, etc, etc. Numerical values. Anything we can use to determine how good units actually are other than special abilities.
  • The Default Zoom option in the options doesn't seem to do anything. I've set it to 100 and 0 and started with the same zoom level (not enough) every time.
  • In the bottom left it shows images of the units you have selected. Let me click a unit down there to select it. Or hold ctrl to select multiple. You know, basic stuff from every other RTS ever.
  • The cards, and the interface in general, take up a lot of screen real estate. There have been several times where I've quickly clicked a card and tried to place it but the card expanded to cover the spot where I wanted to place the card and I ended up just deselecting it. Several times in a row. Something much smaller would be preferable.
  • IMO, get rid of the pull random 4 cards thing and just put our whole deck at the bottom. Or cycle through 3 sets of 4, however. Right now the game has a large chance element to it.
  • Allow us to view the card description mid-game.
  • Can't tell who is talking. There's no on-screen indicator.
  • How about making it push to talk? I'd rather everyone not have an open mic at all times. This would alleviate a lot of issues. It would be nice to not have to mute myself constantly too.
  • Now on to something that you'll never change... The card based progression makes this game mode entirely pay to win. It doesn't matter how relatively easy you make it to buy card packs, obtaining cards is the way to get stronger, spending money will be faster 100% of the time. I could spend $1000 day one and have a much stronger deck than anyone before I play a game. I despise obtaining anything but cosmetics through microtransactions but at least if the progression was based on actually using the units then it would be more fair. Right now it seems unlikely that I'll spend any significant time playing Blitz after release, regardless of how much I'm enjoying it now.
  • I know this is probably falling on deaf ears but I don't like the daily/weekly challenges. I may be the only one here, I don't know, but I thought I'd throw it out there any way. These quests incentivize people to play in ways they may not be good at, may not want to, and may not enjoy. I don't want to play as Isabel. I don't like her deck. I suck with it. But I have to to get this XP for these daily/weekly quests so I have to play at least 9 games throughout the week and probably 2 each day on multiple days. It causes people to do stuff they normally wouldn't and play the game at a lower level. I'm all for encouraging people to try stuff but that's trying it, not doing it all the damn time. I guess this is HW's version of Warzone so it's not really competitive at all but I've just never like this kind of -Yoink-. I'd prefer something like summon 25 units, get 250 kills, capture 50 bases, etc. than require you to play with specific decks.
Overall I'm enjoying Blitz now. I don't have much hope for it post-launch though unless maybe you can't buy card packs with real money. Hahahahahahhaha!!! As if. It's obvious that the only reason this game mode exists is to rake in the dough from microtransactions. This makes it mostly a game of chance, or in this case pay more > play more > me. Unless I turn out to be wrong I'll be staying away just like Warzone.
-snip-
I agree with every point you've made, very well put, especially when pointing out that despite what the community says, the buying card packs thing wont change because evidently Blitz is catered around that If Microsoft is so bent on it, I personally suggest trying to find a way that the Micro Transactions wont be so blatantly pay to win because this is just a repeat of Halo 5 REQ packs but arguably even larger of a leap backwards. And another thing I'd like to add on your claustrophobic stance is that the cards take up such a huge portion of the screen, I feel like I can't see anything.
1. I think you should be able to name/rename decks.
2. I also think it should try to match you up with people around your rank/skill level. It's very frustrating when I'm getting in matches with people who don't even know to go for energy or resign/give up in the first 1-2 minutes.
3. I think a ranked/casual playlist would be pretty cool.
4. Add stats of cards so they are visible somewhere. Maybe I'm missing it but I'd like to see how cards truly stack up against each other. Especially when they are different levels and such.
5. Perhaps add more cards? Or maybe just more leader specific cards? Not sure how this would/could work. Wouldn't want too many cards either I imagine. But you could always offer future dlc for this I suppose!
In multiplayer, the team colors for the blue team is incredibly frustrating! The red team has red and yellow colors, very different from the other. For blue team, it's dark and light blue. Or cyan. Or whatever you want to call it. Either way, the colors are way too similar looking, especially in the middle of a battle while you're trying to figure out which units belong to you. It seems that being on blue team puts you at a serious disadvantage. The colors should be very different, like blue and green, blue and black or even blue and purple, not blue and slightly different blue.
I just can't stand the way Anders looks! She's like an evil version of Charlie from the chocolate factory!
To be perfectly honest, I don't think I would really play Blitz much at all. My biggest complaint with RTS games is that they end too quickly. I appreciate the mode existing for people who want to play for 4 and a half minutes, but I would rather play a drawn out 25 minute match. I only mention it because it feels like Blitz is taking Center stage with the game and it really is a small tertiary mode. It is unique and it is pretty fun, but it is not Halo Wars. It's Clash Royale with a controller and no towers. It seems like I could play it on my phone it's so simple.
I guess that might be someones cup of tea, I just want the feel of the original game. A battle of wits and back and forth destruction. I've got some good memories there.
wtf did you do to the marines?
I played both Beta's and enjoyed them equally. I Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition a while back so I hope my opinion goes noticed. The leaders special abilities i.e. Atriox's Eradication and Cutters Close Air Support (CAS) feel very dumbed down and nerfed from the original beta into the Blitz Beta. I feel like the way it was before in the Domination/Deathmatch Beta was perfect. The pelican gunships and the eradication beams were game changers; now they're kind of useless. For example the CAS doesn't last long enough to do any real damage when the enemy can escape with no hesitation. Eradication is the same in that the initial beams do minor damage before the long waited explosion at the end.
Suicide units are overpowered when they do more damage than both super abilities combined. I've killed more enemy units with suicide grunts than with CAS and I've sometimes spammed CAS.
And another thing I don't understand is how some units/abilities are exclusive to certain leaders. For example, spirit assaults and teleport. It would make sense for all banished units to be able to play these abilities. It should just be exclusive to shipmaster. I hope this is only the case for Blitz and not the other modes like deathmatch. The other beta had Atriox able to teleport (at a great distance if I may add) and use the spirit assault to bring in more units in a pinch. Something about it is very badass sending in a spirit or pelican with the Calvary.
I played both Beta's and enjoyed them equally. I Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition a while back so I hope my opinion goes noticed. The leaders special abilities i.e. Atriox's Eradication and Cutters Close Air Support (CAS) feel very dumbed down and nerfed from the original beta into the Blitz Beta. I feel like the way it was before in the Domination/Deathmatch Beta was perfect. The pelican gunships and the eradication beams were game changers; now they're kind of useless. For example the CAS doesn't last long enough to do any real damage when the enemy can escape with no hesitation. Eradication is the same in that the initial beams do minor damage before the long waited explosion at the end.
Suicide units are overpowered when they do more damage than both super abilities combined. I've killed more enemy units with suicide grunts than with CAS and I've sometimes spammed CAS.
And another thing I don't understand is how some units/abilities are exclusive to certain leaders. For example, spirit assaults and teleport. It would make sense for all banished units to be able to play these abilities. It should just be exclusive to shipmaster. I hope this is only the case for Blitz and not the other modes like deathmatch. The other beta had Atriox able to teleport (at a great distance if I may add) and use the spirit assault to bring in more units in a pinch. Something about it is very badass sending in a spirit or pelican with the Calvary.
I would also like to see the marines slightly buffed or better and the team color option much like in Halo Wars DE.
I've only tried blitz for a small time, but from what I can tell it's amazing. A couple of issues myself and my friends have come across however:

Firstly, the issue of base camping is horrendous. While the regeneration field certainly helps, I've come across a number of occasions where we, with the right cards, have been completely able to lock down the enemy's base. Perhaps some kind of turrets at the location would help resolve this problem?

Secondly would be the victory points generation itself. If memory serves I believe it was mentioned that blitz was meant to be fast passed, but perhaps it would be worth while slowing down the points generation? I've personally felt that, while the game type is amazing during 1v1, when it comes to 2v2s or 3v3s, the points generation is so fast, that the game is over before I've really had chance to enjoy it.

Thanks for giving me the chance to try it out, it's been great so far.
Why there are no unit equipped with battle rifle?

All marine, ODST, and Spartan are equipped with battle rifle in trailers, cover art and concept art.

But there are only assault rifle and smg in game. no battle rifle.
zeq92 wrote:
It would be cool if they added a couple maps to the beta... a mode with 10-12 players on a monstrous map with energy dropping out the wazoo, where the winning score is closer to 1000 would be cool I think
A "Warzone" type mode? I like the idea but imagine the chaos that would be haha
Brain Stew
In the service record give people the ability to see win loss ratios, possibly how many of each unit you have called in or even an average per game of how many units you are calling in. I think giving a more detailed service record will make it more rewarding knowing how much you are winning/losing.
As a PC player I would love to be able to zoom out more. Having the camera so close in makes me feel tunnel visioned. Also my biggest issue with blitz so far is that in standard I keep getting AFK team mates and am screwed out the gate because of it. I would like to see some sort of AFK kick and then the remaining player gets an energy boost to balance out the match.
Blitz Firefight?
The special Blisterback is way too underpowered. For 160, I was expecting something that lasted longer than 4 seconds.
It's more like the Kodiak to where your supposed to place them very strategically and they'll do a ton of damage
Kodiaks also don't have such a long deploy animation. They're much more vulnerable than Kodiaks while locking down.
Just in my own opinion, that i would like to say, I've been playing Halo and all of its series, even halo wars. Halo wars i loved so much and is excited for Halo wars 2. BUT! as still i am new halo wars 2 beta and blitz itself, my understanding of it maybe low. What i dont understand is how is it possible to have so many units down on the battle field in such short time of the start a game. i literally start the game, and deploy some more units in base, and rush to a capture point as well gather resource, now my opponent is here coming at me with HUGE amount of units SCARABS in less than a minute and i dont have enough resource points to do anything, as i just sit and wait until i lose cause i cant deploy anything after the first 30 secs. now am i just bad or is there some tips you guys can give me so i can know how to play
Alien artillery unit needs to be balanced

this long range artillery unit with constant energy beam, which
  • can attack everything
  • is very strong armored
  • can be mass-produced
Almost every attack with usual anti tank Units of Captain Cutter. Scorpion, Cyclops and Attack Copter - they did not even scratch them on 1vs1. I also used snipers and marines to check if you mapped the unit to a wrong section, so it is categorized as Infantry. But also no luck with that.
The only solution was the use of Jerome-092 Special unit. But instead of killing, he stole it from the enemy. Can't be the only solution to counter those units...

If you do not balance those, the game will be boring, cuz almost every one chooses those alien commanders.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 18
  4. 19
  5. 20
  6. 21
  7. 22
  8. ...
  9. 41