2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 41
I think this game mode has a ton of potential and can be extremely beneficial to Halo Wars 2 if executed properly. I like it in it's current state but there is a closed section that says store, that I can only assume you can but cards, turning this into a pay to win game mode. If you include purchasable packs, you will decrease the amount of players who want to play, which in turn could mean a smaller community and/or a lower game rating, but by having packs you will increase your monetary yield. I personally will be playing this game mode when the full game releases, but if there are packs than why would I want to play when every game I get into, the enemy has card level advantage on me. Since this will only be affecting a handful of game modes I don't see it being a major problem. Good luck with the continuation of this game and thank you for the beta.
-Forcing players to have a full deck is frustrating, it would be very cool if players could choose to only have one card etc, this would allow for more unique game play experiences while also allowing full teams to strat and play specific roles without being hindered by the RNG card system

-Team mates hogging energy is a serious problem, sometimes the energy just does not spawn near me at all and i'm stuck with terrible spawn times on my deck the whole game, therefore hindering my team in the process, Energy collected by either team should apply to everyone on said team, considering Blitz is a mode about overwhelming your enemies this would make sense in regards to steamrolling the enemy team with good team placement.

-The spawn zone should also act as a energy booster if you have units within it, currently there is no reason to go into the spawn area after match start beyond the fatigue which everyone ignores anyway
team mates hogging energy isn't a problem. any energy collected by a team member increases the the rate at which the whole team generates energy. i.e. 1 energy per second will go to 1.5 per second if your teammates collect enough energy. The actual amount of energy is individual however. i.e. all teammates are generating 1.5 energy per second EACH and can spend it how they like
I'm having a blast with Blitz mode, got to rank 5 then I had to go off. But there are 2 things I dislike.
1. The stealth units of the shipmaster are very OP early game. They wreck your troops and you can't do anything about it.
2. Fatigue was a huge mistake. I'ts unpractical en troubling if you can't move your troops anymore.
i agree with the cloaked units. its seems that the shipmasters cloaked units cant be deleted by detect units like nightingales or reavers, not sure if that is a bug or if its supposed to be that way.

i think the fatigue makes sense. it lessens the ODST spam which you got a lot of in the first halo wars. you can drop in a unit at half health to try and turn a fight or drop it at base and move it in so it stays in the fight longer
MandalsTV wrote:
p3dr0ob wrote:
Unit Change proposal: Human SniperAdd Anti Driver ammunition:
  • Kills Driver of (light) vehicles instantly
  • Artillery and maybe even air Units (with cockpits) can be shot instantly with those
Cheers
That's over powered. Snipers are anti infantry and you want them to 1 shot vehicles...? No.
Whats wrong with multipurpose roles by the use of abilities only? I mean, a cool down or cost of energy connected to it would offer more advanced tactics. Default is infantry only...
I've been playing this game with a buddy for a while now and we both reached lvl 10, and while playing this game a little too much we noticed a lot of issues. We also played a few games 1v1 synch dropping. PC players btw.

• Matchmaking seems to be doing nothing right now. Always playing against newbies or generally bad players. We win almost every match 200-~10 wich is kinda boring.
  • 200 Points to win is way too fast. I suggest increasing to 250 or 300
  • Seeing enemies through fog of war seems a little weird. This also causes units like the Locus or the Anti Air Wolverine being kinda OP because not only can they shoot incredibly far, the fog of war doesn't work. The Range is fine, just the fact that we see everything makes it so badly op.
  • Unit pathfinding is buggy as hell. Units block each others way so they often move in a competely wrong direction. It seems like they got a hitbox twice the size of what thy are and they are trying to evade each other.
  • Mouse clicks often don't work when selecting/deselecting units, giving commands or clicking on the minimap. Sometimes units get stuck completely. THIS and the pathfinding has to be fixed asap and should be on your #1 priority list.
  • Detection range against cloaked targets is too short. This is something we noticed whil playing 1v1. He had units to uncloak my units, but they are useless because of the short detection range.
  • Exploding units do way too much damage, while its taking them way too long to explode. I'd say decrease damage and decrease the explosion timer, because right now its just OP against newbies and useless against any halfway decent player.
My two biggest issues with the gameplay as a whole: Units have too much range especially for blitz mode and...

Active camo is way too overpowered. The fact that you can't even target enemies that are cloaked is just...no this needs to be changed so you can attack them if cloaked.
I cant play can i get the ai to vers i dont have xbox live
Kazma1 wrote:
I've been playing this game with a buddy for a while now and we both reached lvl 10, and while playing this game a little too much we noticed a lot of issues. We also played a few games 1v1 synch dropping. PC players btw.

• Matchmaking seems to be doing nothing right now. Always playing against newbies or generally bad players. We win almost every match 200-~10 wich is kinda boring.
  • 200 Points to win is way too fast. I suggest increasing to 250 or 300
  • Seeing enemies through fog of war seems a little weird. This also causes units like the Locus or the Anti Air Wolverine being kinda OP because not only can they shoot incredibly far, the fog of war doesn't work. The Range is fine, just the fact that we see everything makes it so badly op.
  • Unit pathfinding is buggy as hell. Units block each others way so they often move in a competely wrong direction. It seems like they got a hitbox twice the size of what thy are and they are trying to evade each other.
  • Mouse clicks often don't work when selecting/deselecting units, giving commands or clicking on the minimap. Sometimes units get stuck completely. THIS and the pathfinding has to be fixed asap and should be on your #1 priority list.
  • Detection range against cloaked targets is too short. This is something we noticed whil playing 1v1. He had units to uncloak my units, but they are useless because of the short detection range.
  • Exploding units do way too much damage, while its taking them way too long to explode. I'd say decrease damage and decrease the explosion timer, because right now its just OP against newbies and useless against any halfway decent player.
I assist every single point you told!

• PLEASE ACTIVATE A REAL FOG OF WAR
This feature is so important for tactical play, i mean you let the option for bluffing and surprising ambush in the garbage. I still buy the game, but even in shity games like MOBAs fog of war is one major point for a intense way to play the game.

Thanks for you time.
Hello,

I would like to share an idea for the card selection in Blitz. As we all are aware of by now, card selection can be finicky at times. Broken at worst.

Bind all the cards to the face buttons of A, B, X and Y. The way this works is simple. When you pull the left trigger you press one of the face buttons simultaneously to play the exact card you want. Since the face buttons do nothing while holding the left trigger currently this wouldn't conflict with existing controls.

Thoughts?

I also had a few balancing thoughts.

1. The circle beam of death for Atriox is too powerful. Considering the short duration of games that one power used right can effectively remove a player from the rest of the match.

2. The gunship support for Cutter is too weak vs. large armies. All the Dps is split between them all so it can have virtually no real effect.

3. The mac blast is seriously underpowered. Again when compared to Atriox.

4. This one may be iffy. The Spartans don't seem to boost the power of any vehicle they control very much. However this very well may be due to the absence of tech and therefore the ability to 'boost' vetrency enough to see a measurable difference.
The Blitz mode is way too random. I'm not sure if this mode is intended for those who aren't familiar with RTS's but this mode takes little to no strategy.
There NEEDS to be more incentive to keep players moving, like fatigue for being stationary too long or something. Getting really tired of playing games where my allies just camp one base and refuse to move for the ENTIRE match. They just sit there slowly spawning more units whilst you try taking an enemy base and get some points, but of course you cant because your allies aren't helping and so you keep getting wiped out. The enemy have no incentive to go after the one base you have filled with enemies as they already have two and so will win. This has been the case in around 9/10 matches I've played and its annoying the hell out of me.
Where are the flood 343? How come you haven't added them yet 343? They were one of the main antagonists of the series until you said that every single flood member in the universe went to the ring in Halo 3 and got blown up! Make the flood a playable faction 343! At least make them playable in skirmish and every other game mode except campaign. If you care so much about lore then leave them out of campaign and just put them in every other game mode!
I think it great but it need some fix there a bug ounce in awhile a unit get stuck and I think there should be no timer and the score should be at 500 instead of 300 and I'm rank 9. I think the food souls be playable as will as will as the forruner
Level 8 1/2. Tons of game time.

Collection of Feedback:

Zoom:
Zoom should remember between games.
Zoom should be defaulted to mouse scroll weel.
Zoom no real difference in 32 setting and 100 setting.

Cards:
Cards while in-game should be able to hover the card and it bring it up above so you can see all the information.
Cards should be more detailed while hovering, it should tell you Anti-Air, Anti-Troops while hovering.
Cards should have better variety.

Map and Movement:
Sometimes you can't move a group of troops without spam clicking the mouse/map/esc to be able to select them.
Troops should follow commands when issued instead of having to constantly click to get them to disengage.
Should have an attack movement command that allows for troops to proceed to Point A* (or whereever) and to stop and attack on the way.
Should be able to drag the map around via clicking on it rather than only being able to move by mouse on side windows.

Internet Connection:
Sometimes parties drop, should be fixed.
Voice call should be able to be terminated to use other voice servers when grouped. (This is due to voice connection dropping when one is out of the game and another is still in post game lobby).
People that quit/drop from the game should be given a time-limit on being able to reconnect (This has stopped me from playing solo in 2v2 and 3v3 as someone usually quits out).

Heroes and Decks:
Heroes should be able to have customizable starting armies (rather than the two presets). Give it a point value of X (where normal starting armies take up the full amount) and be able to add/remove as needed (sometimes I want to start with a detector unit with a rush etc.)
While it's beta free test, legendaries drop too frequently for normal decks. I'm sure it'll be toned down once game launches (you want the cards tested obviously). I picked up 2 Scarab assaults in one deck.

Matchmaking:
Me and my duo (Level 8 and 7) constantly matched against level 1's or 1/2.
Ability to see win-rate (Over-all and with each deck).
Global standings.
Ability to see match making ranking and how you compare.
Commander TJ
HW2 Blitz BETA FeedBack
Corporal Rank 12 XP 2900
20:12:30 Hours Played
Hey, Hello
As Per Asked, I'm Here To Give FeedBack For The HW2 Blitz BETA, So Internet Back Off This Is Not For You.
Also I Was A Positive Member Of The HW2 Alpha After E3 And Enjoyed Playing It. Most Of The Problems With That Were More To The Point. Not Enough Unit Cap (And Units Being More Expensive Population Wise)Supply/Power Generation/Consumption Etc..Those I Heard Supplies/Power Were Fixed And They Added More Unit Cap (Not Sure About The Unit Population Cost)Anyway After The Alpha Had Ended I Was Still Mostly Pleased With It So ...
Wait What? Say That Again? It Was A Beta ..... (Laughter) ..........(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ikRXBkkQc) Oh Your Serious .... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0)
So Anyway Now That That Is Out Of The Way .... Liking The Beta So Far For Blitz Anyway(This Is Where Id Put My Other Game-modes "IF I HAD ANY"). But Enough MEMEs I'd Give The Beta 65-70 Approval. I'm Also Extremely Pleased With The Beta, But There Are Just A Few Things That Are Not Quite Right. But Then Again Thats The Point Of A Beta. So Lets Begin In No Preticular Order.
Starting Armys
Now After Taking A Look To Se What People Were Complaining About; Mostly Them Getting On The Forums To Complain, Rather Than Get Good, One Topic That Stood Out. Starting Armys. Now I Know Complaints Are Apart Of Betas But People Just Need To Stop Angling So Much. They Try To Use The Deployment Cost To Calculate What There Worth Not What They Can Do Or What There Counters Are, And The Unequal Ness Of The Factions. Spoiler Alert No 2 Factions Are The Same And Nither Should There Starting Armys, Or What They Can Accomplish Now You Guys (And Girls) Did A Really Good Job Making The Starting Armys Powerful And Keeping The Factions Unique. But There Is One That Stands Out. Isabel's Hacker. 2 Wild(Blast) Jackrabits And 1 Hornet. This "Should" Be A Veteran Jackrabit Instead Of A Wild Because It Detects And Employs More Strategy Rather That Suicidal Tactics. Right At The Start Of The Match. So You Know ... Vision Hacks, .... Rather Than 360 No Scopes ... Blasting All The Way ... Or Hacking ... Anyway. The Number of Hornets And Jackrabits, Keep The 2 Jackrabits And 1 Hornet. But Take It To Consideration That With This Change This Becomes Under Powered So A Additional Jackrabit Is Not Out Of The Question And Is Recommended . In My Playtime The Other Starting Armys Are Actually Balanced, Especially against One-Another So I Don't Know What Persons Are Complaining About.
Colors
Now I For One Think Colors Are Important More Than A Few Reasons That People Say Good Enough. Appearance Is Everything Along With Color Variety But Nevertheless. Red Team. REALLY!!!!! You Made Orange A Third Color. Really. Out Of Anything From The Beta From E3 Perfect Colors. Red Team Should Go Back The Way It Was. Red, Orange, Something Else. In A Team List That Makes Sense, Not Red, Yellow, Orange (Ever Hear Of Red-Orange). Ok Then TJ What Should The 3rd Color Be? Pink. What Its Lightish Red. ("Ya Its Called Pink" - Griff) Or Tan. Both Work Really Well. Red Team Color List, Red, Orange, Pink, Tan, Yellow Gold (Not Gold, Yellow Gold). Blue Team The Colors Are Blue, Light Blue. This Is Good But The Third Color Is Green. That Would Be Fine For A 5th Or 4th Color But 3rd. A Color That Would Be A Good 3rd Color For Blue Team Violet Or Bright Green. Ya It Not Only Does It Fit Blue Team Better I Looks Better Compared To Dark Green, When Looking At Your Teammates In Comparison To Each-other. Blue Team Color List, Blue, Light Blue, Bright Green (3rd Or 4th), Violet (3rd Or 4th), Bright Grey This Better Fits The Vibrant Color Scheme Better For A Overall Feel And Look. (On A Serious Note More Time Was Spent Writing This Than Any-other Section).
Force Move(/Force Ability) (Recommended)
One Thing I Can Tell From My Time Playing Is The Need For A Force Action. Dubble Tapping X Or Y Should Force All Selected Units To Preform The Action Regardless Of What They Are Doing (Except Attack When The Are In Smoke From The Nightingale Etc...) But Getting Your Units To Move Buy Force Means Spamming The X Button 20-30 Times To Force Them To Move. This Makes Dubble Tapping The X Button Should Force Them To Move. On The Other Side Of The Coin Dubble Tapping The Y Button Should Force Units To Use There Ability, If The Action Is Possible (Example You Cant Target The Ground With A Vulture Ability Only Enemy Units, Etc...). Besides That You Can Indicate That Making You Cursor Turn Yellow For Force Move (Dubble Tap X)Or Force Ability If Action Is Possible (Dubble Tap Y) And Red For Force Attack(Dubble Tap X On Enemy Only If They Are In Range)
Ubur Units
In Blitz The Condor Needs A Nerf; As It Can Track And Hit Targets Out Of Line Of Sight, Outside Inside The Fog Of War. This Also May Be A Bug (Unknown). Now The Scarab Is More Like The Spooky Unit. All You Do Is Run Away Or Kill It Without It Doing Major Damage. The Main Gun Needs A Damage Buff (Rockets Damage Nerf 20-30%)Because The Scarab Doesn't Do All That Much. And Its Mostly On The Other Team Shooting At Me. It Needs Buff Or Lower The Cost By 30 Power Or 50 Power And 25% Health(Recommended). Thats That. Ps Before You Start The Anti Argument For Health Push Y For Temp Invulnerability Shield. This Nerf Is Currently Recommended For Blitz Only, Not Multiplayer.
Overpowerd Cheese
Eradication Atriox
Nuff Said. Needs A Power Cost Nerf. 280,290.
Blitz Scoring
Just Make The Match 250 For 2v2 Or 250-300-350 For 3v3. Matches Are To Short, Even For Quick Games.
So Thanks For Your Read. See You On The Ark.
Commander TJ
PS Really Like The New ODST's For The First Time Sense Halo 3 ODST, ODST's Have The Firepower/Skill Ability To Back Up Their Name.
PSS Add A Button To Push That Revels All Cards In A Pack That You Open (Y Button)(Point Of Reference Battlefield 4)
PSSS Add A Part To The Tutorial That Tells Players To Deploy Units(AKA Kodiak/Blisterback).
PSSSS Mac Improved
EDIT - Below Are Changes That Don't Completely Incorporate The Level Up System
Below Are Little Recommendations For Individual Units Or Things That Need To Be Looking Into For Blitz Starter Unit Level Of The Cards In The Game Currently. More Tweaks Required.
Marauder Stranded Shots Should Not Slow Down All Units It Hits (All Variants) And A Power Cost Buff (Cost Less).
Scorpion Damage Buff 10-15%/ Damage Resistance Buff 10-20%.
Wrath 20 Or 10 Less Power Cost (Same Price As Scorpion).
Locust Needs To Not Shoot Units Outside Inside The Fog Of War, Possible Bug (Same As Condor). Damage Nerf 10-15-20% And/Or Range Nerf 10-20%
Hunter 5-10% Damage Resistance Buff.
Kodiak Damage Buff 5-15% Damage Buff Machine Gun 15-25% Vs Inf And Scout Vehicles.
Blisterback 10% Damage Nerf.
Reaver Anti Ground Weapon Damage Buff 15% Vs Inf And Scout Vehicles.
Jackrabit Damage Buff 10%, Speed Buff 10%(Its A Scout).
Vulture Damage Resistance Bullet Projectiles 10-15%.
Wild Jackrabit Increase by 10 Power, Veteran Jackrabit - 10 Power, Both Damage Buff 10%, Speed 5% Wild, 10% Veteran.
Warthog 5% Damage Resistance, 10% Speed Increase, -10 Power Cost.
Pelican Gunship Duration Increase 5 Seconds. 6-20 Seconds Increase Power Cost By 10-20.
Watchtower 10-25% Range Increase.
Restoration Drone 15% Heal Increase By 10 Power.
Grunts +1 Bar Of Health.
Alice-130 Power Cost Buff Down To 230 Or 220.
Armored Marines Decrease Power Coast By 10.
Dubble Time 70-90 Power Cost Change.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Matchmaking

Does Halo Wars 2 use ELO or another skill based rating system when matching players together in a Blitz game? It appears as though the game matches you with players who are available immediately. Would you consider allowing a longer matchmaking search if it means players will be closer to my skill level?
I see really no reason why the fog even exists when you can see every single movement the enemy does. Either remove it or make it a proper fog, at least that way you'll introduce some scouting into Blitz.
p3dr0ob wrote:
MandalsTV wrote:
p3dr0ob wrote:
Unit Change proposal: Human SniperAdd Anti Driver ammunition:
  • Kills Driver of (light) vehicles instantly
  • Artillery and maybe even air Units (with cockpits) can be shot instantly with those
Cheers
That's over powered. Snipers are anti infantry and you want them to 1 shot vehicles...? No.
Whats wrong with multipurpose roles by the use of abilities only? I mean, a cool down or cost of energy connected to it would offer more advanced tactics. Default is infantry only...
Nothing wrong with a multipurpose role. I have an issue with the 1 shot kill. If this IS a thing it should be super expensive to upgrade to and/or the percent(%) chance to instantly kill the driver is low like ~30%

You need to balance a sniper with other units. Imagine just spamming Sniper units and 1 shotting your enemies army...come on
The scarab needs more damage or health unless you would rather give the condor less. Blitz needs to last longer so maybe more points to win gain 1 point every 2 seconds per point something. Variations of units should have more health then the normal ones so you get your energies worth not much but just enough. Shipmaster I think sounds like a pirate mixed with a brute think I would rather have an elite voice or make a reason for that voice like maybe he's been around brutes talking to them and hearing them talk and it just grew on him but put it in the story whether it's subtle or not. Kodiak does almost no damage to energy pods in artilery mode. Glassing beam NEEDS MORE DAMAGE make it last a little longer or give it more damage please(make it cost as much as the mac blast)! And please give the shipmaster an actual name because I don't want every shipmaster especially when they're main characters just being called by they're rank I mean once in halo 3 is fine but not over and over. Grunt squads need to cost as much as marines and deal more damage because they use plasma pistols that fire super heated plasma and the brutes use spikers. Spartans can do the slam ability from too far away. Blitz is a great idea love the gameplay and can't wait for the full release! (P.S I absolutely LOVE the art style I think it's the perfect mix between new and old has everything I like from both and the new pelican is in a perfect spot as a gunship while the classic is the transport, and love the elite armor and the other troops armor and I'm really glad you made the marines have some protection instead of nerf armor, and I hope you can find a way to implement it in halo 6 because the only thing I don't like so far is the shipmaster's helmet so keep up the great work I hope this helped and can't wait for the campaign!)
I only don't like that their isn't anything on the sides of his head but a little piece all I want is an armor piece that connects the 2 together and covers the whole head.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. ...
  9. 41