2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 41
after reading all the posts, i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed picking the cards can be twitchy at times as well as the points of 200 being TOO low. No less than 400 would be good and no more than 500. Giving plenty of time for a come back!
I want to draw attention to one thing my friend and i both noticed while playing in respect to the cards in front of you. we both agree that the cards are in the line of sight while playing... Since we have to pull the left trigger to pick a card anyway, i would like to see them completely disappear until i need them OR make them much smaller while in game play. There's SO much on the screen already and i just think it would enhance the gamers experience.
THAT'S it.. i think the game is a blast and can't wait to get my hands on the full version.
See you online!!
Killmoore
1) I agree that 200 points is too low. I mean, it does make the game quick, so that's nice. But feels short. Maybe 300?
2) In 1 vs. 1 game, energy production should be sped up dramatically. In a 2 vs 2 and 3 vs. 3 game, the balance between energy gain and unit deployment is pretty good. For example, you could reasonably deploy the super unit (like the Scarab) multiple times in a match. But in a 1 vs 1 game, that's not possible. Energy gain is just too slow so you're lucky if you get to deploy a big unit once. I'd recommend speeding up energy gain for 1 vs 1. I would rather have a fiercer fight than the more limited scale battle we get in in that particular mode.
3) It feels like card deployment is a little TOO random for me. Oftentimes it feels like the card I want doesn't show up even when I cycle repeatedly.

More later. Thanks as always for the chance to provide feedback. I appreciate the addition of this mode -- and am particularly looking forward to testing Firefight.
I have played the blitz beta for about 3 hours and I think when you go to place a unit and press the LT button and instead of moving your left joystick to pick the card you should choose to press A,Y, B,or X. It would then let you move around the map without having to stop, choose a card then place it.
Since we're 23 pages in, I don't believe anyone will read this, but I might as well try to give feedback for this little annoyance. When you select a card to be in your deck, it grays out the part where it shows what units it's effective against (infantry, land vehicle, air vehicles). I'd still like to see what units my card is effective against without having to remove it from my deck.
One thing I'm really disliking about Halo Wars 2 is the inability to queue up commands for your units. In any other RTS, when you hold down shift, every order you place will be completed in the order that you've indicated, one after the other. I'm sure most people know this, as most of you have likely played an RTS before.

Halo Wars 2, however, does not seem to have this option, and it's quite frustrating. I get it, this is a console RTS ported to PC, so it will have the same capabilities. But if you're not going to give us cross-play, as you aren't, then why limit PC players by not giving us basic RTS features that have been a part of the industry for, what, 20 years now? I love how Halo Wars 2 has more complexity to it than the first game, but it still feels like an RTS-lite to us PC RTS veterans. As of now, Halo Wars 2 is going from "good" to "meh", due to not having these basic features on PC. Having a patch to put this stuff in would go a long way to keeping a PC fanbase.
I like the game and besides a few balancing issues the gameode is solid but I have one problem. The cycling feature in which you can cycle through your deck in game. It gets frustrating when the enemy can drop 2 scarab assaults. I can see this game mode is modeled after clash royale and the thing that makes the game hard is when you can't cycle through to the cards you want. I believe the game would be perfect if the cycling feature was taken out or scaled down. Thanks.
My main concern with this game mode is the differences in deck composition. More specifically the levels that each card is assigned and how that impacts your "deck average". I enjoyed the regular multiplayer because every time you jumped on, you'd have a fresh army and the outcome was entirely based on skill. But in this game mode, it seems the more of the same card you get in these random Blitz packs, the greater level that unit becomes. This lead to an interesting match up where my enemies tanks were level 3 while my anti-vehicle cards were level 1. I was still able to beat him by out playing with skill and a little luck but it was much harder to combat when playing with friends that I was first introducing to the franchise. Maybe these values are arbitrary and I just was outplayed when with my friends but it just seems the way your hand is presented in the stats screen is way too vague for an RTS.
The invisiblility is op how you can attack even if you know it's there, and it takes zero damage even from suicide grunts or major powers. Generally invisibility should be a timed "Y" ability or similar, and only works when not firing, if units see it it shouldn't be able to stay invisible unless it stops shooting and/or goes out of sight.

The anti air units are too weak. An army of vultures and sentinels can rip through anything, and can outrun eradication

The graphics are truly horrid and not like Halo at all.

The cleansing beam is far too weak, and can move to quickly. Also it can be used when there is not like of sight left.

On that note, you can see the enemies units constantly, what is the point of this! You shouldn't be able to see them if they weren't near you, like in HW1.

the amount of time "players are out of sync" and we have lost connection is ridiculous. And when we do finish the do levels take so long to go up with it being a standard amount of coins from each match

the Scarab and Condour work being timed in blitz, however I really hope that these get built in the real game and aren't timed, as that would really spoil the game if you could only have them from leader powers!

Three Spartans or one high level spartan should be able to high-jack a Scarab!
Enjoying the game so far. A problem that I have come across is when selecting a card with the joystick, it feels awkward trying to select cards. Another problem is that, even though I think its a positive that the game mode is quick, it is maybe too quick. Maybe extend the score to 300 or slow the point count? The opposite could be said about the rate that you naturally accumulate through time. It seems a bit slow.
-Forcing players to have a full deck is frustrating, it would be very cool if players could choose to only have one card etc, this would allow for more unique game play experiences while also allowing full teams to strat and play specific roles without being hindered by the RNG card system

-Team mates hogging energy is a serious problem, sometimes the energy just does not spawn near me at all and i'm stuck with terrible spawn times on my deck the whole game, therefore hindering my team in the process, Energy collected by either team should apply to everyone on said team, considering Blitz is a mode about overwhelming your enemies this would make sense in regards to steamrolling the enemy team with good team placement.

-The spawn zone should also act as a energy booster if you have units within it, currently there is no reason to go into the spawn area after match start beyond the fatigue which everyone ignores anyway
Hello.
I agree with you on your first point. haven't actually played around with deck building much but it would be great to allow players to play as little cards as they want. I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with having an entire deck that is just a singular hunter card. Heck, you will get your caboose whooped, but if you are into fun gimmicks - and also losing ;) - I don't see anything wrong with it.
As for your second point I'm pretty certain that energy collected via the energy canister drops is shared across the entirety of your team. I'm 99% sure but I could be mistaken.
As for the third point on the starting area, you can bring in existing units into the spawn area so they can heal up, which is not a bad feature. On another note for 343, I've heard that you can go into the enemy's starting point and spawn in units without fatigue. This is just a rumor as I have not been able to reliably test this myself, but it's worth noting. Cheers!
Voice comms on PC frequently unmute teammates - Incredibly frustrating when trying to use a superior program like Discord - Windows coms get awful feedback, for some reason. No menu options to adjust microphone settings, obviously a massive oversight.

Energy spawn points, at least the first round, should definitely be fixed. I've played two games where all the spawns were grossly, obviously, biased toward one team or the other, and it just snowballs out of control.
As for your second point I'm pretty certain that energy collected via the energy canister drops is shared across the entirety of your team. I'm 99% sure but I could be mistaken.
Energy collected via canister's increases the rate at which your energy spawns not your actual energy. Based on all the games I've played (level 9) with a buddy and me always having more Energy than him it would mean that it is Solo.
IE You start with 1 energy/sec as a team. (This is what it talks about when the game refers to energy gain being team based but separate reserves)
You pick up 3 energy packs (1 canister) you have 1.3 and your teammate still has 1.
Energy collected via canister's increases the rate at which your energy spawns not your actual energy. Based on all the games I've played (level 9) with a buddy and me always having more Energy than him it would mean that it is Solo.
IE You start with 1 energy/sec as a team. (This is what it talks about when the game refers to energy gain being team based but separate reserves)
You pick up 3 energy packs (1 canister) you have 1.3 and your teammate still has 1.
Having no way to actually test this I'll just have to believe you.
Redacted
Several comments.
1. Enjoy the game, its nice to have a quick paced game.
2. Sometimes air units get hung up between A and B mountains.
3. I had one match where I froze up completely and was unable to move my units, but did not lag out. Could not spawn other units either. basically just a spectator.
4. I've been playing with the PC. Sometimes I select a unit that I want to drop, and then move to the area on the map to drop it and realize after the drop that it has selected a different unit (rightward one - #4) as I went off to the lower left of the map.
5. Unit selection should NOT be interrupted because I dropped a unit. i,.e. I'm moving the ghosts to get a power core right after dropping a hero and the ghosts sit there and the hero runs off to the core. . . Also, sometimes all units respond when I only have one type of unit selected. Since this is so fast paced, errors are likely to get units killed rapidly.
6. Observation: I can use the Glassing beam in the dark areas if I start in the visible portion of the map. (I kindof like this, but unsure if it was intended)
7. Agree that touch controls would be nice.
8. Cards, Need to not get the same cards over and over again... I've opened perhaps 5 packs and not unlocked any new ones. Could make it like Halo 5 where at least one is new.

Good work!
Just group with someone in a 2v2, grab the energy and ask them what their rate is.
-It would be nice if when a superunit like the scarab or the concord runs out of time it could teleport back to "safety" instead of having the exact same animation when it's being destroyed, it doesn't make sense.
-Also, in xbox, when you select your whole army and you want to scroll between the different type of units pulling the trigger it has quite a long delay.
-A "select all units" button would be nice, the other beta and the original halo wars had it on LB, but it doesn't work in this one.
-The matches could be longer, points are added way too fast.
-Shooting through the terrain is just bad... you shouldn't be able to shoot enemies through mountains or buildings even if you can see them with other units, the unit which is shooting needs to have line of sight of its objective.
-The blast damage from jackrabbits and other units should be reduced, one blast from a jackrabbit can completely destroy a scorpion even if it's full health, maybe taking reduced damage from the blast on the edges would be nice. I know that the guard ability counters them but still... a guard unit is way more expensive than a blast one.
-Superunits when deployed should have a little deploying timer before they start shooting everyone, their purpose is to clear areas and make the enemy retreat, it's uncommon to see a superunit being destroyed (they can tank too much damage). Adding a little timer would give the enemy a little chance to react, deciding if it's better to stay and fight or retreat. It's better than just instantly deploying a fullhealth scarab/concord in the middle of the whole enemy army, it's a bit unfair.

I'm really enjoying this card system, I thought it would be a "pay for win" situation, but it has the same dynamics as in clash royale where you can perfectly counter the enemy's deck even if your cards are not so high level. A part from that and some bugs here and there I think it's a really nice new feature in the game.
I want to first say this is a very good beta! everything runs smooth and haven't run into anything game breaking. But I would like to see stats on the cards... For example when you rank up the card it tells you the current level, but you have no idea what the pros are. More attack damage? Defense? Ability duration and damage? Be nice to see what the card stats are before and after the rank up. Otherwise, I dont really understand whats so special about a rank 3 card vs. a rank 1 card....
Just group with someone in a 2v2, grab the energy and ask them what their rate is.
No thank you, you seem to be very sure you are correct so I'll believe you.
List of thoughts on Blitz in it's current state:
-Energy spawn is random; this can and demonstrably HAS led to wildly strong starts in favor of the team who gets the spawn.

-Card System isn't clearly explained. Do my cards get stronger as they level up? Does that not result in a terrible imbalance due to the ability to purchase cards with real money? What of card balance? Unstable Banshee is clearly more cost-effective than Suicide Grunts- to give an example. It just seems like the actual card types/weaknesses/abilities/and leveling system should be better explained through UI.

-Voice Chat occasionally un-mutes allies upon entering a match; especially annoying when I'm already using a superior voice chat software to chat with my friends I'm already in-game with.

-Tutorial did NOT thoroughly explain how to play the game or even give an overview of useful (read as necessary) commands. This would be a non-issue, but we do not have access to the actual tutorial. So...

-Blitz has is bound to a separate set of keys than the campaign or standard multiplayer. Why?

-Keybinding for control groups in Blitz is weird. This may be a misunderstanding- though considering the wonky deviance from the norm in regards to control scheme-, but I have yet to figure out how to keybind groups for quick-select. I can't bind to 1-0 at all?

-Unit Balance seems solid, but I was told that leveling your cards increases the strength of the unit related to said card? If so, I can't imagine a world in which that will ever be considered fair and I would beseech you to rethink that. Maybe give aesthetic differences based on level? Idk, that's just....Like I don't see it going well for the longevity of the game, at all.

-Settings does not have a functioning option to control squad volume in the case of a random unmute. This could be a technical bug, as there IS a setting labelled voice volume, however it does not reduce the volume of my squadmates nor vice versa.

-There is no cycle button for unit selection. This is- in my opinion- a very large failing in terms of design. It is absolutely necessary for micro-managing; unless 343 intends to maintain the "deathball" mentality of HW1. In either case: I cannot find a keybinding for it in the current beta.

-I'm not able to open my squad up to people outside of my friend's list.

Lastly I would like to say I have really enjoyed the limited time I've had with the beta thus far. It has been a really pleasant break from grinding out quests in FF14 and I look forward to seeing the game in it's completion come release-day. That being said, I cannot- in good faith- put down any money towards a pre-order of this game as it has yet to provide me with any substantial evidence that it will be worth my time/money.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 41