2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. ...
  9. 41
Does anyone know how to map groups on the X1 console?

When playing as shipmaster, I like keeping my marauders seperate from the reavers due to their speed. However, at this point I have not been able to figure out how to map them all to groups. If I want both groups attacking the same target, I have to keep them seperate, and then during the fight its tedious to try and control them seperately
My questions...
1.)The Spartan cards, if you use a Spartan to hi-jack a vehicle does it get extra bonuses with a Spartan driver like in the first halo wars? If not why would you use a 220 energy card just to take over a 140 iron clad wraith card?

2.)has anyone leveled up a card and the energy level required to play the card lowered? I ask b/c the Spartan card Alice is 220 but on the menu screen for packs shows an Alice card for 180 energy.
I would too like to second the motion of minimizing the "pay to win" option that seems to be in our future. BUT If we allow players to purchase cards, it should only be the card themselves not for the continual upgrades (duplicate cards). This will allow things to be more of an even playing field for those without mom's card number to make countless transactions to be the "best".
Absolutely love the game style.. dota/RTS great combo makes up for some of the obstacle associated with a consule interface.
  1. greater number of card details would be nice DPS or AoE radius unit speed stuff like that particularly so I can see how much they improve with ranking (if it does indeed increase with card rank).
  2. . game duration has got to be higher to make energy acquisition a viable counter to early map dominance.
  3. Also being able to see how much energy has been acquired by the opponent and teammates during game would be fair.. know you have an energy surplus would be extremely usually for adjusting battlefeild tactics.
  4. Also way points would be nice for instancebeing able to do 3 point series of commands would also accommodate for controller RTS weaknesses.
Balance seems alright so far don't notice any major exploits mines are perhaps a little OP and condor is perhaps a little too powerful/fast considering how low the dps seems the scarab is.
Keep up the great work excited for the early access
Assign cards to the D-Pad, while holding left trigger. Makes the fast-paced card selection much easier.
RiScotta wrote:
Assign cards to the D-Pad, while holding left trigger. Makes the fast-paced card selection much easier.
Have to agree losing left stick function and consequently map navigation during card selection is annoying I'd suggest having card selecting be right stick + left trigger
Mista Plow wrote:
Absolutely love the game style.. dota/RTS great combo makes up for some of the obstacle associated with a consule interface.
  1. greater number of card details would be nice DPS or AoE radius unit speed stuff like that particularly so I can see how much they improve with ranking (if it does indeed increase with card rank).
  2. . game duration has got to be higher to make energy acquisition a viable counter to early map dominance.
  3. Also being able to see how much energy has been acquired by the opponent and teammates during game would be fair.. know you have an energy surplus would be extremely usually for adjusting battlefeild tactics.
  4. Also way points would be nice for instancebeing able to do 3 point series of commands would also accommodate for controller RTS weaknesses.
Balance seems alright so far don't notice any major exploits mines are perhaps a little OP and condor is perhaps a little too powerful/fast considering how low the dps seems the scarab is.
Also being able to see how much energy has been acquired by the opponent and teammates during game would be fair.. know you have an energy surplus would be extremely usually for adjusting battlefeild tactics.

I'm not sure I know what you're exactly meaning by "know you have an energy surplus..."
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that the Shipmaster sounds like a brute??? I would love to hear him sound a bit more like the honor guard, they sound like true elites, badass!
I think that the zoom level really needs to be increased, it is really quite pathetic in its current state, I can barley see anything, and that's in blitz mode (where the maps are very small) I hate to think what it going to be like in the normal multiplayer mode where the maps are a decent size. I really think this needs to change for the full release.
Needs much better team balance. Whether it's in standard or brawl, lower ranked players always seem to get paired together against significantly higher tanked ones, making for a very quick loss.
During multiple matches yesterday, we came up against the same configuration of decks on the opposing team.
There’s one configuration that will dominate a match and so far we can't figure out how to beat it. It’s using the covy Locusts & BloodFueled Locusts. Their range is so long that the only long range weapons can counter with (Kodiak for example) in the UNSC cards, costs twice as much energy to spawn. So the only counter is to stack your deck the same way and fight fire w/ fire. You end up with a field full of locusts & supers. I literally watched as a team rolled around the team with 8 locusts in a band, and it was totally GANGSTER (Honestly it was hilarious to watch, because there was nothing we could do, except save for the eradication beam). Speaking of which... that mac blast needs to be powered up to match the beam, or something.

A solution would be to either increase the cost of the locust, or balance a UNSC card that is of equivalent damage and range to counter that. There should always be a UNSC counter that can be used in the same manner... in my opinion.

Now I'll be the first to admit, it may very well be that I'm just not understanding some of the card combo's or how to use them properly. #SuperNoob4RTS - That said, I've tried the Locust strategy once, and it was gloriously destructive... and I should never be that OP... ;-)

Thanks. Love the game! Love it more than Grifball at this point... and you KNOW how much I love me some Grifball.
This Beta is out now for over 5 days. They haven't changed anything little....
Like increasing the score limit or time limit, or adding a few more maps to try. We can't even try Blitz Firefight......

Most Beta's add more stuff overtime, come on Creative Assembly, give as something new it's getting boring.

Is there any news from them, about adding a few more things to the Beta???
so, im having problems with my warthogs ramming and missing, then getting stuck in the map. And im noticing that the locust can shoot through solid objects that other units cant.

Another problem im having is sometimes my units don't move, like at all when commanded to do so. For instance i group select my entire army, and one fourth get stuck in an object, or just stand still. Sometimes i can keep selecting them and they move, other times they never move.
So I was interested in preordering but now I don't know. in the last 18 hours all but 1 person has done the same stupid tactic. That would be doing nothing but cycling cards to ONLY get LOCUST and ENGINEERS! Their range lets them shoot through fog of war. The Locust need a nerf their stats for how cheap they are. I am hoping that you were not expecting the cycling spam noobs to RUIN the game type. In short there also needs to be a nerf on cycling like cumulative energy cost to cycling, and/or a cumulative cooldown timer that should be affected by the number of times that you cycle through the deck..... In short make a nasty penalty to discourage this action when it occurs more that twice a deck cycle.

The first 3 days it was a great idea and a great way to flex your strategy brain cells now any infant can do it........ Really upsetting.

When ever I call someone out or using one of the most unbalanced tactics in the game all they have to say is get better or not my fault you suck..... this is really infurating because they are destroying the interesting game type that you guy spent time making into a steaming pile of bs. they are the ones to blame when this fails initially and if you do not address this issue you will be allowing it to fail.
Personally am loving Blitz, but I have to ask could you add in a control scheme to match the original Halo Wars? That way Veteran Players can play much easier and get more enjoyment when first playing the game when it fully launches. (which I am hyped for btw)
I've sunk 30 hours into it so far, here's my thoughts;

- Locusts: They are not overpowered, but they are quite cheap, and once you have standard locust and bloodfuel locust its quite easy to dominate by churning out locusts and sitting nearby a capture point. I'd suggest increasing locust cost just slightly.
- Cheaper units needed for human factions: It seems to me covenant forces can quickly swell in number while human forces are quite expensive, it takes longer to get going as a human, which can be devastating on such a fast paced game mode.
- XBOX controls clunky: I've been playing mostly on PC which is superb, but on xbox the card dropping scrollwheel thing just doesn't work. Its way too hard to accurately select the unit you want to drop.

I really cant think of much else, i think its awesome overall, the guys have done a great job.
Halokid003 wrote:
T1g3rs65 wrote:
I think it's odd the sentinel super unit that Anders has in the normal multiplayer is not in blitz
It may be in there as a card you have to get though I have not seen it deployed by anyone yet.
It's not you can look through all the cards
RhysWX wrote:
Not specifically gameplay related but more user interface.

When opening a pack of cards, the player needs to press a button (LT I think) to reveal each card, or they can press Y to reveal all cards at once. I don't know why this was added, I can only assume to make each card reveal rewarding or something but it just seems like a pointless extra button press, especially when you look at Halo 5's REQ system.

Opening a pack should just reveal all card contents rather than forcing the user to go through an extra button press. It would give the player much more time in the menu during games to open packs, grab their cards and get back into it.
I disagree, I think opening it one by one makes it more meaningful, more exciting. That's something FIFA Ultimate Team missed the trick on. It's too easy to start feeling like the packs are meaningless.
Mista Plow wrote:
I think the short period of blitz is perfect. Countless times I have focused on energy with my team for the first couple of minutes then dominated after being 150 points down to win. Seems nicely balanced in that respect.
Titaneyez wrote:
Personally am loving Blitz, but I have to ask could you add in a control scheme to match the original Halo Wars? That way Veteran Players can play much easier and get more enjoyment when first playing the game when it fully launches. (which I am hyped for btw)
The controls need to be different. It only takes 10 or so games to get used to the new controls, Easy enough.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 27
  4. 28
  5. 29
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. ...
  9. 41