2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. 35
  6. 36
  7. 37
  8. ...
  9. 41
I'm liking the game so far but I've noticed a few issues.

1. Units not responding properly: There have been many times I've tried to retreat especially from a Super Unit spawn and they get stuck or wont move.

2. Unit Balance: Some units are not cost effective, especially when there are buffs. Blast is insanely strong, and the Locust especially when there are three of them have some of the most ridiculous kiting in the game. Especially the Bloodfuel Locust which for 60 resources takes a bit too long to die.

3. Flares: Flares do not seem to be as indicative as they once were in the original Halo Wars. Maybe make the flares larger or have that indication noise it once had?

4. Cloaked starts: The Shipmaster has a really difficult start to stop especially since Marauders are fast, can collect resources, and damage air.

5. Countdown for capturing zones: Maybe a countdown to capture the zones kind of like the other game mode you had in the Original Beta, that way people don't just contest your zone by dropping in one unit.

Other than that I'm really liking the game and the some of the new units.
The locusts need to be worth more, 40 is too cheap for what they can do. Also where are the elephants?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I didn't play too much this beta. But, I think it will be good to add a button to access into Decks menu faster from any part of Blitz menu (something similar like in H5).
The Blitz gameplay is alright. The maps could use a bit larger scaling as it feels kinda cramped. I cant say I enjoy the use of cards to summon troops, it really slows down the gameplay for me and makes it rather time consuming to build a good squad to counter the enemy or just to destroy what comes my way. Air units feel as if they are a bit too overpowered and could use some downgrading, or just increase the damage of the anti air aspect. Controlling the plates is just fine but could use more vantage points to encourage strategic placement. I like the idea of a rush and destroy game type. But it feels a bit too condensed for a lack of better words. I recommend keeping the base aspect of the 1st Halo Wars as it encourages planning and helps keeps the gameplay a bit more focused, like controlling a plate to lower the base shields and take out the base for example. Overall I like it just fine but not enough to come back to it constantly. The map design could go a long way to improve the gametype if nothing else is changed. Thats my opinionated review of the beta as of right now.
The Blitz gameplay is alright. The maps could use a bit larger scaling as it feels kinda cramped. I cant say I enjoy the use of cards to summon troops, it really slows down the gameplay for me and makes it rather time consuming to build a good squad to counter the enemy or just to destroy what comes my way. Air units feel as if they are a bit too overpowered and could use some downgrading, or just increase the damage of the anti air aspect. Controlling the plates is just fine but could use more vantage points to encourage strategic placement. I like the idea of a rush and destroy game type. But it feels a bit too condensed for a lack of better words. I recommend keeping the base aspect of the 1st Halo Wars as it encourages planning and helps keeps the gameplay a bit more focused, like controlling a plate to lower the base shields and take out the base for example. Overall I like it just fine but not enough to come back to it constantly. The map design could go a long way to improve the gametype if nothing else is changed. Thats my opinionated review of the beta as of right now.
There was something that that would be so good on the Cards have the Damage, Speed, Health, Range, etc that way we know what we are paying for cause I had to spawn the same units just to see what the difference in health bars like the cyclops for 30 & 80 have the same health bar and it has no "Y" special to it. Cause when the cards level up it shows all the upgrades but we don't know what from. I hope others feel the same.
After a few amount of game of Blitz on PC. I have made a little list. I hope the developers read this thread!

I want this mode to be good, i preorder HW2 and really really like it and Blitz reminds me of Battleforge, one of my favorite games of all time.

1. Minimap - The Minimap ist a total mess, you cant click most of the time. In adition to this, the colors on the "blue" team are way to similiar.

2. Stats on Cards/Units - Players love stats, where are they? I dont know how much HP my Units have, how many dmg they deal against type x,y,z and so on. You show us that you use stats in die Card Upgrades, but that isnt shown anywhere. Please give us the stats.

3. Abilities - Give us more information about the used abilities,.... just i little text in the deck editor is like nothing. What does my rocketjump do to the enemy? How much damage will it do to enemy x,y,z? How long is the cooldown?(Dont do this circle without a number please)

3.5. Keybinding for abilities - Just one Key for every ability in my selected group? This is just ridiclous,... i have to find my unit in a huge fight, click on it and than press "R" and aim on the enemy,.... this isnt fun at all, i started to play only 1 or 2 units with abilities.

4. Keybindings - Where is the attack key? f.e. in SC2 you have the Attackmove on "A", the unit walks to the clicked point and attacks enemys on sight and not just ran into them. And there is so much more missing: Rallypoints, Stop..... I want to use my Keyboard!

5. Grouping - Where is it? I can't make groups of my units. This is a feature in every other RTS since ever, but it is missing in Halo Wars 2? Put my cards away from "1" "2" "3" "4" and put them on "QWER" or something linke that. It is so hard to micro in big fights or to fight on 2 or 3 zones at the same time. Almost impossible!!!

6. Fatigue System - THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! The balance of this Fatigue is broken. It is so bad to a point, that deploying units into combat area's is like wasting energy. Fatigue gives your unit 50% Health and 50% Damage for 8 seconds of its base stats. So im falling behind because my enemy has to much air units, im lucky enough having 2 anti air cards in hand, im going to play them into this combat. One hit and it wont get the other 50% of health? That is straight up bulls**t! I know what you are trying to aim for, but the current Fatigue System will slow this mode down to a boring point of spawining in base or outside of combat to not waste your unit.

How to fix this problem?
6.1 Give that unit the other 50% health back after X seconds
6.2. Damage and Health lost is to huge, get lost of that punishing 50% Damage Debuff,... It will be useless to react on the situations if my unit is at half health and just deals half of the damage.

7. If you will give us more Data and Stats for the Units, you will receive more and better message for the balancing.

After serval years of playing RTS and 3 years of hardcore playing Battleforge, i have a lot of expierence in this type of game mode. I really hope they dont screw that up, but the chances are high :/
Bloodfuel Locust siphons at too fast of a rate and unless you have a massive force to swarm them even one Bloodfuel Locust ends up being too much trouble.
So i understand this game is in beta and i hope upon the official release the game feels much more snappy and quick to follow player commands, it often feels like you need to enter commands 2 or 3 times for your troops to accurately follow especially in a situation where you are in combat and trying to retreat.
Change one of the blue player colors to teal or purple. I ask only for communication purpposes, specifying via voice and especially text will get annoying.

there also seems to be a significant delay or cooldown to when you can play another card, is this on purpose? Is there a reason for this? If so, why even hot key them?

Also, let me hot key my units. Any RTS that is to be taken serious should have this.
You can hotkey units into groups, select the units you want to group hold rt the hold the d pad to assign them.
To select the group hold rt and tap d pad
doesnt appear to be an option on pc :/
I think the game modeis great, but I would like it to improve in a few things:
-More information on the cards of the units, damage, life, shield, etc.
-More space for decks
-More time for 3v3
And in general: CHOOSE THE COLOR IN MULTIPLAYER And more challenges
The first thing I noticed is that Kodiaks are way underpowered. For being a stationary target who fires giant explosives,you'd think they'd do more damage than what they do now. It's barely noticeable. The other thing is that Locusts are completely OP. Theyou only cost 40 energy to cast and they can attack from as far as artillery and do more damage than the artillery. They have insane amounts of health as well. To take out one Locust it seems I need more than one Cyclops which doesn't make sense since they're anti-vehicle. It also seems that the covenant leaders have more number savvy forces opposed to the UNSC,but that's just what I've noticed.
Hi guys,

what you think of extending the Beta period until full release? I like the game very much and waiting another month till it drops will be a hard time^^
Of course on the other hand we could provide more and more additional feedback to forge the game we all have been waiting for...

Cheers
I played the first Halo Wars 2 beta, the unit balance wasn't perfect and the Banished units were a bit over-powered compared their UNSC counterparts but the gap wasn't huge.

Now with the Blitz beta it seems like the Banished units are immensely stronger and more capable than the UNSC units. Not only are they stronger in terms of damage but they seem much more agile and mobile than the UNSC units. I understand the Halo universe has the Covenant/Banished far ahead and stronger than the UNSC but playing the game as it is makes it feel pointless to pick a UNSC commander over a Banished one.

Specifically the Locust/Blisterback combo that most people are using is insanely strong and beyond easy to deploy effectively. I've yet to find an effective counter with UNSC forces against a player who is competent with the Locust/Blisterback combo. The Locust range alone is beyond unnecessary as it stands and the blisterback being able to fly and volley ridiculous range artillery has made them incredibly effective to stop any units from getting to the locusts.

Please re-address the unit balance between the Banished units and UNSC units.
Here is my Feedback after playing 1 day in beta:
-> ZOOM IN/OUT MODE is missing. Maybe with mouse scroll rad on PC. I play in 4k solution and the Units are too close. I want the abbility to zoom out.
-> more HOTKEYs: To build groups (1,2,3...). One key to distribute them (against a heavy attak). Key for "attak mode" (unit stops moving when enemy is in range).
-> more DETAIL INFORMATIONS on the cards. Like HP, Cooldown time, AOE...
-> SIGNAL FIRE, at least to mark an attak point for your teammates and one for defense.
-> STATS. Like W/L-Ratio. You know all these games are nothing without a good ladder system behind.

I know the game was made originally for the xbox, and there u cant implement so much hotkeys, but as i know there will not be crossover Play ability, so you can make a difference between xbox and PC Gamers.

I LOVE RTS GAMES and look Forward to the "normal" MP-Mode with base Building Funktion!
#MakeRTSgamesGreatAgain
WenrA wrote:
After a few amount of game of Blitz on PC. I have made a little list. I hope the developers read this thread!

I want this mode to be good, i preorder HW2 and really really like it and Blitz reminds me of Battleforge, one of my favorite games of all time.

1. Minimap - The Minimap ist a total mess, you cant click most of the time. In adition to this, the colors on the "blue" team are way to similiar.

2. Stats on Cards/Units - Players love stats, where are they? I dont know how much HP my Units have, how many dmg they deal against type x,y,z and so on. You show us that you use stats in die Card Upgrades, but that isnt shown anywhere. Please give us the stats.

3. Abilities - Give us more information about the used abilities,.... just i little text in the deck editor is like nothing. What does my rocketjump do to the enemy? How much damage will it do to enemy x,y,z? How long is the cooldown?(Dont do this circle without a number please)

3.5. Keybinding for abilities - Just one Key for every ability in my selected group? This is just ridiclous,... i have to find my unit in a huge fight, click on it and than press "R" and aim on the enemy,.... this isnt fun at all, i started to play only 1 or 2 units with abilities.

4. Keybindings - Where is the attack key? f.e. in SC2 you have the Attackmove on "A", the unit walks to the clicked point and attacks enemys on sight and not just ran into them. And there is so much more missing: Rallypoints, Stop..... I want to use my Keyboard!

5. Grouping - Where is it? I can't make groups of my units. This is a feature in every other RTS since ever, but it is missing in Halo Wars 2? Put my cards away from "1" "2" "3" "4" and put them on "QWER" or something linke that. It is so hard to micro in big fights or to fight on 2 or 3 zones at the same time. Almost impossible!!!

6. Fatigue System - THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! The balance of this Fatigue is broken. It is so bad to a point, that deploying units into combat area's is like wasting energy. Fatigue gives your unit 50% Health and 50% Damage for 8 seconds of its base stats. So im falling behind because my enemy has to much air units, im lucky enough having 2 anti air cards in hand, im going to play them into this combat. One hit and it wont get the other 50% of health? That is straight up bulls**t! I know what you are trying to aim for, but the current Fatigue System will slow this mode down to a boring point of spawining in base or outside of combat to not waste your unit.

How to fix this problem?
6.1 Give that unit the other 50% health back after X seconds
6.2. Damage and Health lost is to huge, get lost of that punishing 50% Damage Debuff,... It will be useless to react on the situations if my unit is at half health and just deals half of the damage.

7. If you will give us more Data and Stats for the Units, you will receive more and better message for the balancing.

After serval years of playing RTS and 3 years of hardcore playing Battleforge, i have a lot of expierence in this type of game mode. I really hope they dont screw that up, but the chances are high :/
  1. I agree about the colours I would like blue and light blue to be more different and a loud ping sound when pinging.
  2. I agree with this too.
  3. Agreed. 3.5 There are several ways to change selected units on the keyboard, you are able to cycle through all selected unit types. Go to controls in the Options & Extras menu.
  4. The keybindings are in the Options & Extras menu under controls, check there.
  5. You know you can change the keybindings yourself right? Go to options mentioned above and you will be able set the keyboard anyway you like, including the groups.
  6. That's the point, you're not meant to be able to drop them in battle, if you do you risk them being killed easily. The map is small, drop them at base and they won't take long to get there or drop them behind your units and protect them. It is there as a way to stop people constantly spamming units down so you have to learn when to retreat and regroup and when to risk it. It would take away from units that have rush and are able to be spawned in at full health and damage. It would also take away from Leader powers being used without consequence during battle, it would not be good to have everything able to be dropped all the time, Where's the strategy in that?
  7. Agreed
Change one of the blue player colors to teal or purple. I ask only for communication purpposes, specifying via voice and especially text will get annoying.

there also seems to be a significant delay or cooldown to when you can play another card, is this on purpose? Is there a reason for this? If so, why even hot key them?

Also, let me hot key my units. Any RTS that is to be taken serious should have this.
You can hotkey units into groups, select the units you want to group hold rt the hold the d pad to assign them.
To select the group hold rt and tap d pad
doesnt appear to be an option on pc :/
Options & Extras > Controls > Keyboard
Like someone mentioned above, in the last two days I have had several "lost sync" and just drop out and one where my son was the other player and I just disappeared from the game but he and his two opponents were still playing.

In a two v two game on my Xbox One, in a contested area B there were 3 scarabs and a Condor as well as other units and the game really struggled to keep up.

Not being able to open card packs if your squad mate is still in "Find Game" is beyond annoying.
It would be cool to have more stats for each cards
We need to see HP, deal damages, etc...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 33
  4. 34
  5. 35
  6. 36
  7. 37
  8. ...
  9. 41