2. ...
  3. 34
  4. 35
  5. 36
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. ...
  9. 41
I really enjoy the game, pre ordered after playing 3 hours straight on my first session. My feedback so far would be:
  1. More maps, at least 4-5 for release. Also different maps, like 5 points to capture or just generally a bit bigger, to avoid the deathball formation a bit
  2. More statistics. How much HP gained via new level up? How much damage a lvl 2 unit can do compared to lvl 3? How much damage does one unit do and how much does the other?
  3. Locust and BLocust movement speed should be slowed down, so it is harder to kite with them
  4. If the enemy has majority of stealthed or Air units, i think the upcoming card after using one should have higher chance for counter (as in detect or anti air) if your deck has any counter
  5. An option in game (general, not only for blitz) that allows you to party up with the randoms you just played in team game - like a button at the score screen, eg: "Group up with your allies"
  6. When only 2 points are hold, the amount of points gained should be significantly slower than what it is now - at least in 1v1. While i understand that the design idea is to have a very fast paced game mode with Blitz, in 1v1 i feel it is just too fast. Right now it is extremely difficult to come back
As a bonus, i would love to see more varied commanders (unique units, neither Banished or Human), like how Starcraft 2 does with their co-op commanders
Nonetheless, looking forward to the release!
Sometimes on PC it can take an age to load a game, i assume this is because someone's PC is mega slow. It might be worth adding individual loading bars under each gamertag so these people realise the slow loading times are their fault (and not the fault of the game)
WenrA wrote:
After a few amount of game of Blitz on PC. I have made a little list. I hope the developers read this thread!

I want this mode to be good, i preorder HW2 and really really like it and Blitz reminds me of Battleforge, one of my favorite games of all time.

1. Minimap - The Minimap ist a total mess, you cant click most of the time. In adition to this, the colors on the "blue" team are way to similiar.

2. Stats on Cards/Units - Players love stats, where are they? I dont know how much HP my Units have, how many dmg they deal against type x,y,z and so on. You show us that you use stats in die Card Upgrades, but that isnt shown anywhere. Please give us the stats.

3. Abilities - Give us more information about the used abilities,.... just i little text in the deck editor is like nothing. What does my rocketjump do to the enemy? How much damage will it do to enemy x,y,z? How long is the cooldown?(Dont do this circle without a number please)

3.5. Keybinding for abilities - Just one Key for every ability in my selected group? This is just ridiclous,... i have to find my unit in a huge fight, click on it and than press "R" and aim on the enemy,.... this isnt fun at all, i started to play only 1 or 2 units with abilities.

4. Keybindings - Where is the attack key? f.e. in SC2 you have the Attackmove on "A", the unit walks to the clicked point and attacks enemys on sight and not just ran into them. And there is so much more missing: Rallypoints, Stop..... I want to use my Keyboard!

5. Grouping - Where is it? I can't make groups of my units. This is a feature in every other RTS since ever, but it is missing in Halo Wars 2? Put my cards away from "1" "2" "3" "4" and put them on "QWER" or something linke that. It is so hard to micro in big fights or to fight on 2 or 3 zones at the same time. Almost impossible!!!

6. Fatigue System - THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! The balance of this Fatigue is broken. It is so bad to a point, that deploying units into combat area's is like wasting energy. Fatigue gives your unit 50% Health and 50% Damage for 8 seconds of its base stats. So im falling behind because my enemy has to much air units, im lucky enough having 2 anti air cards in hand, im going to play them into this combat. One hit and it wont get the other 50% of health? That is straight up bulls**t! I know what you are trying to aim for, but the current Fatigue System will slow this mode down to a boring point of spawining in base or outside of combat to not waste your unit.

How to fix this problem?
6.1 Give that unit the other 50% health back after X seconds
6.2. Damage and Health lost is to huge, get lost of that punishing 50% Damage Debuff,... It will be useless to react on the situations if my unit is at half health and just deals half of the damage.

7. If you will give us more Data and Stats for the Units, you will receive more and better message for the balancing.

After serval years of playing RTS and 3 years of hardcore playing Battleforge, i have a lot of expierence in this type of game mode. I really hope they dont screw that up, but the chances are high :/
  1. I agree about the colours I would like blue and light blue to be more different and a loud ping sound when pinging.
  2. I agree with this too.
  3. Agreed. 3.5 There are several ways to change selected units on the keyboard, you are able to cycle through all selected unit types. Go to controls in the Options & Extras menu.
  4. The keybindings are in the Options & Extras menu under controls, check there.
  5. You know you can change the keybindings yourself right? Go to options mentioned above and you will be able set the keyboard anyway you like, including the groups.
  6. That's the point, you're not meant to be able to drop them in battle, if you do you risk them being killed easily. The map is small, drop them at base and they won't take long to get there or drop them behind your units and protect them. It is there as a way to stop people constantly spamming units down so you have to learn when to retreat and regroup and when to risk it. It would take away from units that have rush and are able to be spawned in at full health and damage. It would also take away from Leader powers being used without consequence during battle, it would not be good to have everything able to be dropped all the time, Where's the strategy in that?
  7. Agreed
Thanks for your answer!

6. We have different opinions on that point. If you are not meant to be able to drop them in battle, why even allowing to do so? Blitz should be a fast game mode, but gets slowed down by this fatigue. Dont get me wrong, I never said that they need to remove the system, but they have to reduce ist a bit. Right now its useless to spawn something into the battle. If they dont want you to do this, why not spawn every unit in base by default?

You should check youtube for Battleforge PvP Mode videos, they had a good "fatigue" system.
Quote:
"Blitz isn't matching me with teammates or opponents of the same level." BUSTED! The rank displayed next to a player is an indication of their XP gained but not their actual skill. The Halo Wars 2 matchmaking system is working behind the scenes to put players into fairly matched, competitive games based on their skill rating, not necessarily their rank.
This reminds me of the official statements made prior to the launch of Warzone in Halo 5. As with it, I see little to no evidence that skill matching exists and I hope the final game delivers on the quoted promise.

The system needs to carefully match teams, skill and levels.

What is the relationship between connection and skill matching? Is it a blend like Halo 5 or something else? How long does it take before expanding the scope of the search? How are random teams balanced? How are pre-made teams with wide skill ranges matched? Are pre-made teams only matched against pre-made teams? Does the player have any control or options? etc.

After the well-documented issues with matchmaking in H4, MCC and H5, you need to provide a proper explanation of how the system functions. A hand-wave doesn't cut it.
So before I started a standard match I picked Professor Anders but when I loaded in it show I had covenant starting units and then I had to play covenant. When I press start it still showed I picked Anders though
XboxGreeny wrote:
It's to much spamming units and no real thought process to winning no base biulding
If you just "spam cards" you will lose. You have to think about positioning. Also, the lack of base building is made up for in the excessive micro that is mandatory if you want to win in a competitive game. Perhaps you've just been playing against a bunch of rank 1ers.
Not necessarily. With the energy refund mechanic for dying units I have lost multiple times after making a strong/strategic push, wiping the enemy only to have a scarab dropped on me with their "reward" energy for dying. It's a terrible mechanic.
Just a note before I get into it: This was one of the smoothest beta's I have ever had the pleasure of playing. I have not encountered any gamebreaking glitches or any seriously overpowered mechanics. Although there are a few balance issues, I haven't seen one that is impossible to overcome.

I would like to address a few of my annoying encounters in order of most annoying to least annoying:
I think the Bloodfuel Locust's energy cost needs to be increased. The damn thing has siphon and a shield with decent health and it only costs 60 energy? My opponents can just spam the turds onto the hill next to the B cap point and I am normally forced to just ignore that hill. For that matter the regular locust could probably use an energy increase from 40 as well.

The vampire starting army for Decimus is a bit op in my opinion. I have literally not lost a game while using it. In conjunction with the grunt army and the rare bloodfuel grunt card I have seen nobody else own, I am trampling over this beta. They literally cannot be stopped by an army of anti-infantry units. I have also noticed that some of the guys on the top of the leaderboards for wins have also been exploiting this as well whenever I match up against them.

I'm also not 100 percent I want to say this since I'm honestly not sure I want this to be fixed: but the spartan cards, specifically the cheap 220 one that Captain Cutter has access to, may be a bit too strong. It pains me to say this since I absolutely love playing with the spartan's but I have destroyed my opponents army with just one of those suckers. I may be wrong about that, I would look and see if others are saying the same.

For god sakes please make the card selection wheel less awkward!!!!
No real complaints other than the freezing that happens now and then during major battles.
WenrA wrote:
WenrA wrote:
After a few amount of game of Blitz on PC. I have made a little list. I hope the developers read this thread!

I want this mode to be good, i preorder HW2 and really really like it and Blitz reminds me of Battleforge, one of my favorite games of all time.

1. Minimap - The Minimap ist a total mess, you cant click most of the time. In adition to this, the colors on the "blue" team are way to similiar.

2. Stats on Cards/Units - Players love stats, where are they? I dont know how much HP my Units have, how many dmg they deal against type x,y,z and so on. You show us that you use stats in die Card Upgrades, but that isnt shown anywhere. Please give us the stats.

3. Abilities - Give us more information about the used abilities,.... just i little text in the deck editor is like nothing. What does my rocketjump do to the enemy? How much damage will it do to enemy x,y,z? How long is the cooldown?(Dont do this circle without a number please)

3.5. Keybinding for abilities - Just one Key for every ability in my selected group? This is just ridiclous,... i have to find my unit in a huge fight, click on it and than press "R" and aim on the enemy,.... this isnt fun at all, i started to play only 1 or 2 units with abilities.

4. Keybindings - Where is the attack key? f.e. in SC2 you have the Attackmove on "A", the unit walks to the clicked point and attacks enemys on sight and not just ran into them. And there is so much more missing: Rallypoints, Stop..... I want to use my Keyboard!

5. Grouping - Where is it? I can't make groups of my units. This is a feature in every other RTS since ever, but it is missing in Halo Wars 2? Put my cards away from "1" "2" "3" "4" and put them on "QWER" or something linke that. It is so hard to micro in big fights or to fight on 2 or 3 zones at the same time. Almost impossible!!!

6. Fatigue System - THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! The balance of this Fatigue is broken. It is so bad to a point, that deploying units into combat area's is like wasting energy. Fatigue gives your unit 50% Health and 50% Damage for 8 seconds of its base stats. So im falling behind because my enemy has to much air units, im lucky enough having 2 anti air cards in hand, im going to play them into this combat. One hit and it wont get the other 50% of health? That is straight up bulls**t! I know what you are trying to aim for, but the current Fatigue System will slow this mode down to a boring point of spawining in base or outside of combat to not waste your unit.

How to fix this problem?
6.1 Give that unit the other 50% health back after X seconds
6.2. Damage and Health lost is to huge, get lost of that punishing 50% Damage Debuff,... It will be useless to react on the situations if my unit is at half health and just deals half of the damage.

7. If you will give us more Data and Stats for the Units, you will receive more and better message for the balancing.

After serval years of playing RTS and 3 years of hardcore playing Battleforge, i have a lot of expierence in this type of game mode. I really hope they dont screw that up, but the chances are high :/
  1. I agree about the colours I would like blue and light blue to be more different and a loud ping sound when pinging.
  2. I agree with this too.
  3. Agreed. 3.5 There are several ways to change selected units on the keyboard, you are able to cycle through all selected unit types. Go to controls in the Options & Extras menu.
  4. The keybindings are in the Options & Extras menu under controls, check there.
  5. You know you can change the keybindings yourself right? Go to options mentioned above and you will be able set the keyboard anyway you like, including the groups.
  6. That's the point, you're not meant to be able to drop them in battle, if you do you risk them being killed easily. The map is small, drop them at base and they won't take long to get there or drop them behind your units and protect them. It is there as a way to stop people constantly spamming units down so you have to learn when to retreat and regroup and when to risk it. It would take away from units that have rush and are able to be spawned in at full health and damage. It would also take away from Leader powers being used without consequence during battle, it would not be good to have everything able to be dropped all the time, Where's the strategy in that?
  7. Agreed
Thanks for your answer!

6. We have different opinions on that point. If you are not meant to be able to drop them in battle, why even allowing to do so? Blitz should be a fast game mode, but gets slowed down by this fatigue. Dont get me wrong, I never said that they need to remove the system, but they have to reduce ist a bit. Right now its useless to spawn something into the battle. If they dont want you to do this, why not spawn every unit in base by default?

You should check youtube for Battleforge PvP Mode videos, they had a good "fatigue" system.
I meant it more as a deterrent to dropping them in so you have to make a choice rather then them not wanting you to do it.. I suppose it is to allow you to still supplement your armies with slight extra damage at the right times with strategic timing and placement.

I must check it out and see what it is like, I just don't have the time right now. But I'll drop an opinion when I do.
Level 1 and Level 6 do NOT need to play together. This is something 343 has been doing non-stop in Master Chief collection and other Halos. Don't have ranks if you don't even align them to pair. The rank difference should be less than ~3. This also goes for higher level stuff. Just figure it out, the differences should not be so extreme. If one team has a high level, the other team should have to have a player of equivalent rank so games like 1/1 vs 1/6 (real example) don't happen. If anything it should be example: 5/6 vs 1/6.
Please increase the cost for of both Locust Variants. I feel like they give WAY to much of an edge for the fovant since the human faction can't really do much to counter it besides maybe throwing in blast units? Maybe these points are very weak but you have to agree that 40 seems too low for a sniper vehicle, especially when there's 5 together right next to each other! Don't even get me started with the Siphon variant either. That thing is a complete menace! I think you should double the cost of both cards from 40 to 80 and 60 to 120. Hopefully it won't become Locust simulator when the game comes out because at this point that's what it'll be like when the game finally releases.
There really should be an option to enable fixed friend & foe colors. For example you will always displayed red and your allies yellow and orange. Just try to queue alone in the 3v3 mode and get confused by having a different color each time. Also light blue and green are far too similar on the minimap to identify at a glance. There really should be an option to enable fixed friend & foe colors. For example you will always displayed red and your allies yellow and orange. Just try to queue alone in the 3v3 mode and get confused by having a different color each time. Also light blue and green are far too similar on the minimap to identify at a glance.
Insevin wrote:
Level 1 and Level 6 do NOT need to play together. This is something 343 has been doing non-stop in Master Chief collection and other Halos. Don't have ranks if you don't even align them to pair. The rank difference should be less than ~3. This also goes for higher level stuff. Just figure it out, the differences should not be so extreme. If one team has a high level, the other team should have to have a player of equivalent rank so games like 1/1 vs 1/6 (real example) don't happen. If anything it should be example: 5/6 vs 1/6.
Rank is not equal to True Skill. It's merely an indication of experience gained by games played. So a good RTS player who buys the game can quickly surpass a poor player who's been playing for a long time.

There were many MANY* terrible Generals in Halo Wars 1...

* Oh god just so many bad players, how is it possible there were so many who learned so little for so long?
For PC I feel that the High or Ultra options are actually what other games would consider Medium setting. I feel that Texture detail and anti-aliasing needs to be fixed.
When using SMAA there should be less jagged edges, not the same. If only anti-aliasing alone is sorted out then I'll be happy. Also labeling the levels of Anti-Aliasing, such as x2, x4, x8, etc.

That's all I have, my concerns are mostly PC related rather than gameplay. Game ran beautifully on a GTX 980, a 2 year old GPU perfectly.
Halo Wars 2 is gonna be great.. as for blitz? Eh, it'll end up like breakout on Halo 5.. It'll die. Pretty fun but doesn't compare to the standard battle of HW. I understand y'all are trying new things and mostly copying other games that gross well, but it seems like y'all don't give two -Yoink- about what you're creating.. It feels like you were all in a board room and were like, "-Yoink- it just go with it." I don't see myself playing this playlist.

But I digress. Halo Wars 2 will be a blast nonetheless.

- Harx
What really puts me off are the non-existent unit stats. For example what is the difference between a Veteran Jackrabbit (70 cost) and a normal Jackrabbit (20 cost)? Is it only the additional detect ability or is it appropriately stronger to justify the 50 extra cost? I really have no idea. And even telling from experience is difficult when you constanly meet the same units with different levels (where you again have no idea how much difference a level up does). Theorizing strategies and rationalising why some battles are won and others lost are key elements of RTS. If the developers are afraid to scare away casual players with numbers make it an option you need to enable. At the very least there needs to be a wiki outside the game with all hidden factors influencing battles explained.
Well I for starters have enjoyed the halo wars 2 blitz beta 1 thing i noticed was the blue teams units spawned facing backwards. 2 thing was sometimes my unit(s) would not respond to my commands when pressing X. 3 thing i noticed was sometimes my cards in hand would not highlight or enlarge. 4 thing I noticed was that leveled up units still didn't last very long or didn't do more damage maybe need to find a balanced way to improve the units as they level up so they aren't over powered against lower lvl units. 5 add a couple of new maps one a desert and the other a frozen lake in a snow field if possible. Also make the maps bigger for 2v2 and 3v3 so it makes camping much harder. 6 try to add some more cards to the deck like more blast units and guard units like for example a reinforced scorpion tank and a blow me up hornet. Just saying should be a little more variety in the deck also a bit more balance between banished and UNSC decks. 7 bring in more leader specialist units if you guys/gals can like the Hawke from halo wars just giving examples. 8 the guys/gals from 343, creative assembly and microsoft studios have done an impressive job with the game 👍🙂👏👌
The "Ping" needs to be louder and more visible on the minimap - should be red in color. It should also have a multiplicative cool down (so that it couldn't be spammed). As in ping once you have to wait 0.5 sec till next ping. Then double for the next and next and next...

Add a toggle for the "group of units moves at the speed of the slowest unit". The problem with this feature is that it makes mass retreats very unfavorable for your faster lighter units that could've gotten away. It also doesn't really seem to fit into the game very. However, there may be some people who like this feature so it would be ideal if it could be toggled either in game or even in the options menu.
I have been enjoying the Blitz beta all week! The problems that I have been faced with are: the in-match card selection being erratic or "twitchy" as others have put it, the occasional "out of sync" (which is especially annoying when I am having a good game), some powers that do not seem very powerful (Atriox's Bulwark does not give units brief invulnerability, the range of Shipmaster's Teleport is a bit short), and the "Bloodfuel Locust" unit which is more trouble to deal with than it should because of the fast siphon rate it has.
There is one other thing that bothers me (and it is probably too late to mention): the ability to buy cards with actually money. I'm worried that when HW2 comes out and I begin playing Blitz my opponent will already have high level powers and units. I am aware that I can just play firefight until I beef up my deck, however the thing is that there people who want to face other players immediately, not AI's. The bad business practice makes me want to keep my distance from Blitz, gaining cards should be through completing commendations/challenges and leveling one's Rank.
Other than that it is an awesome concept and mode for the series and the game itself looks polished and pleasing to the eye. Can't wait for the full game (especially the campaign!!)
I've played 3 games today and it seems to me everyone has figures out a strat that is pretty close to unbeatable. They take control of zone C and place nothing but Locus and Blisterbacks on the hill. Then when you attack them they just drop a cloaker unit and bam they are basically invulnerable. This needs to be addressed. Both units have range so great that by the time you get counter units close enough they are basically dead. And when they drop cloaked units in you can't damage them at all if you do call in some heavy units such as the Condor or Pelican strike. By the time I'm able to cycle to a detect unit my -Yoink- is dead. Something needs to be done to address this or this stratagy will basically rule this map.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 34
  4. 35
  5. 36
  6. 37
  7. 38
  8. ...
  9. 41