2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 41
You folks have got to be kidding. This is what you think is like Halo? How did this project get this far? This is not fun, not Halo like. Nobody is going to play this game more than once or twice. The GUI is not intuitive. Release this this to the public and you are going to alienate your existing Halo customer base. Anyone who buys it is doing so because it is a new Halo and they are going to feel burned. How did this development get this far without anyone telling you it is a piece of dog pooh.
fast41956 wrote:
You folks have got to be kidding. This is what you think is like Halo? How did this project get this far? This is not fun, not Halo like. Nobody is going to play this game more than once or twice. The GUI is not intuitive. Release this this to the public and you are going to alienate your existing Halo customer base. Anyone who buys it is doing so because it is a new Halo and they are going to feel burned. How did this development get this far without anyone telling you it is a piece of dog pooh.
Halo was supposed to BE a RTS game but microsoft made it a fps.
Hello, thanks for giving us access to this. I'm really enjoying Blitz mode. IMO the matches are perfect length of time and the control is as good as you can ask for on a console. Hope to see more content in the release and after for this.

A couple thoughts:

• I'm uncomfortable with the "leveling" aspect of the cards. Player A's 20 point card being better than Player B's isn't fair. I understand why you are doing this (something to do with duplicate cards), but it doesn't feel right. It's pay/grind to win in a game we already paid 60+ USD for. I'd just add costlier upgraded versions at higher rarities and add the ability to trade unwanted cards for credit toward boosters.
  • As mentioned by several others, the Locusts are very powerful for their cost, especially the draining one.
  • The opening cinematic at the beginning of each match is kind of annoying. I'd prefer to be able to look around the map and get my bearings vs. the "circle cam" that leaves you in a random camera angle.
  • It would be nice to see some more detailed stats on each card, things like health values damage by target type,etc.
  • Some more detailed info on usage and effects of certain powers and abilities would be useful. Had to trial and error a bit on some of the powers.
  • There's a lot more that can be done with the Power cards vs. Damage and buffs. Things like the Teleport are more interesting.
Thank you for your attention!
Locust are over powered fast sniping vehicles with shield, good armor, and health, I couldn't take out one locust with the lockdown scorpion and other units attacking it, another time I had a vulture and locust attacking the enemy bloodfuel locust and they were doing barely any damage then when my locust started attacking another target the enemy's B locust was getting its health back with the vulture attacking it and at a very fast pace to, also the Scarab has trouble taking out a -Yoinking!- b locust since they get health back so fast and then they run away extremely fast while shooting so they get out of scarab range like nothing and gain back lost health they even shoot through the environment and the units they are shooting at don't even have to be within their line of sight it just starts shooting across the map especially at the hill between B and C total -Yoink- my army dies before it even gets to the his since it will be covered with about 8 to 10 of them because they only cost 60, all the players 17 and higher use B locust and dominant the map right from the start and it's such -Yoink- because just one does a good amount of damage to vehicles and air crafts and kill infantry in a second or two no joke. Spartans hijack ability is unstoppable and after the vehicle is destroy they run back to home base and do it again not even a few snipers can stop the spartan from hijacking and running away. The scarab doesn't do enough damage and is way to slow to chase enemy units with a short range of fire. Invisible units stay invisible for to long easily dominating the map especially if you are just starting the match and can't get a unit with detect right away. The vulture should be a little faster or more armor because if you have anti air on you it can't even get away it just has to die and for 140 that's just -Yoink-. Ark defense is utterly point less with only 2 easy to destroy sentinels in a small area also they look like aggressor sentinels which dont do much damage at all for 140 it's just a waste. The blisterback has way more armor and maneuverability then the Kodiak. Glossing beam should be higher energy since it's practically guaranteed to kill a hand full of units whether they run away or not since it's so fast and destructive. Armored warthog's armor is not better then the other two warthogs same for armored marines. Units with blast should blast right when they die rather then telling the enemy and they have enough time to move away but lower the blast damage. ODST drop should have at least one more ODST unit. Terror chopper should be 30 energy instead of 60 because it's still just a chopper and they die fast. The snipers invisibility either never turns off unless detected or turns off right when they enter combat. Cyclops are to easily destroy even by the weakest of infantry units. Jump pack brutes should do more damage especially if they are swinging around a gravity hammer that kills infantry with one hit in the halo games. Assault elites are anti infantry but barely survive one on one against other infantry units.
So people have figured out that instead of 3 locust you need 5 to be a rolling pile of poo to just let them sit in a spot and you can auto win if they are watched. People are still cycling for only a few cards in the 12 card deck. SO the locust and blood fuel locust should have their price increased to the blister back and the enduring blister back costs. But then people will only find a new unit to spam so there should be a culminate penalty for cycling, or a maximum amount of times to cycle a card before you cant discard it any more i.e. like you can cycle a card 3 or 4 times before it becomes locked out to cycling and has to be played.
Wadely wrote:
XboxGreeny wrote:
It's to much spamming units and no real thought process to winning no base biulding
If you just "spam cards" you will lose. You have to think about positioning. Also, the lack of base building is made up for in the excessive micro that is mandatory if you want to win in a competitive game. Perhaps you've just been playing against a bunch of rank 1ers.
Not necessarily. With the energy refund mechanic for dying units I have lost multiple times after making a strong/strategic push, wiping the enemy only to have a scarab dropped on me with their "reward" energy for dying. It's a terrible mechanic.
You're faulting the wrong mechanic. The "reward" energy isn't going to build up enough to afford a scarab if the player is spamming cards. Your "strategic" pushes aren't quite as strategic as you think. Your opponent would've had to have been saving for a while to get a scarab.
I like it. I do feel that 2v2 and 3v3 go way too fast. I feel that they should be more of a ground tug of war over time rather than a 2-3 min fight. Apart from that PLEASE implement a return to game after you get "unsycned" from the game. Every other RTS will let you reconnect to finish the game. The unit balance is unbalanced a bit as of right now. The rock paper scissors aspect works but the logical side of it does not. like a cyclops.. a walking titan of metal with a giant cannon. is almost useless against infantry. The wraiths seem too weak. Its good overall but it lacks the big boom and punches of the previous game when it came to units in battle.. like the sound of the tanks and wolverines in the pevious game in battle when shoooting. Which also what happend to the Vulture nuke explosion in the previous beta? now it looks like a fire cracker
Level 28 and 33 vs level 11 and 8 is so balanced, what a load of -Yoink- just like how matchmaking on halo 5 is, where every match is one sided
Disclaimer- This post is about the gameplay of blitz and does not discuss balance, I will discuss balance in a post in the leader feedback section.

I waited until towards the end of the beta to provide my feedback because I wanted to give it some time to see how things developed. The main issues I see are controls/responsiveness, path finding, targeting (especially through the fog of war). In general the team colors are too similar and it can be difficult to distinguish your units from your teammates. A key aspect of halo wars that is missing from this game is team colored cursors on the mini map. Being able to see where your teammates were looking was an important part of the first game and should be included here.

Controls/Responsiveness-

The controls for halo wars 2 should mirror the controls of halo wars 1, and this isn't a matter of trying to live in the past. This means that left trigger should be increased camera speed, left button should be all units, right button should be local units and right trigger should be to tab between unit types. You should be able to set a global rally point by double tapping the left stick. Holding X should set a waypoint. For the purposes of blitz, card selection should be a combination of left trigger and the d-pad, then using either A to play the card or X to cycle. I do like the idea of the control groups, but they need to be implemented without causing delays for the right trigger. In the main game the functionality could be moved to the left trigger instead of the right trigger, but I'm not sure of a best method as it pertains to blitz. Pressing the right stick was always a useless button, perhaps that could pose a solution?

When using the right trigger to cycle between units it was slow and not useful due to the amount of time it took to cycle. This was an important tool in the first game for controlling armies quickly and needs to be fixed. Also after you tab to the end of your units with right trigger it should tab back to the first unit and not to "all units." If someone wanted to select all units, they would just push the all units button.

Path Finding-
There are times when units will walk through one another to get through a choke which is nice, but this is not a consistent behavior. When issuing commands to a particular unit in a squad they tend to push the other units in the squad way off course or are prevented from getting to their target location by the other squad units, which becomes an issue when trying to split units effectively.

The locust although a really strong unit in the beta could only walk in one direction. This is fine as a form of check to its strength, but in order for it to turn around it would need to walk in a small semicircular path before it could walk away. When you combine this with some of the tighter chokes on the map it caused the locust to walk great, often comical, distances around obstacles and oftentimes into enemy territory in an attempt to turn around. I don't mind it taking time to turn around but it should probably be able to do it on its own axis instead so it doesn't try to walk around boulders the long way. It's ok for the map to have small chokes, but units need to be able to negotiate them in a reasonable manner.

Targeting-
As a general rule, units should auto target what they are best at killing. It seemed like units prioritized attacking infantry over all else, which doesn't make much sense depending on the scenario. Units should only be able to auto target and attack enemy units that they can see. I'm most specifically talking about the locust in this case. The locust would auto target units through the fog of war with no regard for high ground. The locust wouldn't be as strong if it could only shoot units that it had sight of.
Game gives points to enemy team with only point B captured while my teammate controls point C and I'm confronting the enemy team on point A we had 192 and they had 190 with 1 min on the clock but then it said defeat and they had 200 somehow what is this -Yoink-
My Snipers keep losing invisibility when they engage in combat with no units around them let alone a unit go near them but it doesn't have detect but they still lose their invisibility.
My lockdown scorpion shock effect must not be working if it can't even destroy one locust let alone anything else
I really hope you fix this -Yoink- before the game comes out even if you have to delay blitz longer then the rest of the game but keep in mind that being able to buy packs to get better units ruins the game for people especially if blitz is still going to be a piece of -Yoink-
There needs to be a penalty for disconnecting from a 2v2 Blitz mode game after it has started, leaving 1 team at a significant disadvantage (2v1). I have played several 2v2 games this evening and most of the time an opponent or teammate will disconnect for any number of reasons. It's very frustrating. I would have liked to enjoy the last day the Blitz beta was available, but because players were being bad sports it was disappointing. If this behavior continues unpunished after launch, I will not be playing multiplayer in Halo Wars 2.
This Blitz beta so far has been a terrible experience.
I am constantly knocked out of matches for no reason. As such I am somehow losing experience points and not getting the bonuses I am supposed to get for the challenges I complete. On top of that, after I lose XP and dont get the XP I am supposed to get, the challenge is marked as complete.
I also do not get all of the packs I am supposed to get and when I try to open them, I am occasionally brought back to the menu out of nowhere and the pack is gone. I then check my card library just to see that I received nothing. This is just the worst type of time waste.
The card system is especially flawed since i am not allowed to truly customize my deck. Such as not being able to keep a deck at under 12 cards and not being able to select said deck.
I really hope you guys get it together because I now REFUSE to pre-order any of your products, especially this glitch riddled, uncustomizable, lost memory dump. I will express this sentiment to all of my gaming groups that I am apart of. Just terrible
FEEDBACK: I've Had zero issues with being disconnected or Losing XP from matches and I have put over 24hrs into the game i love the new Blitz gamemode. Granted its not the same as the prequel but people need to understand its just a game mode the rest of the game is going to be just like the first one... I however have huge issues with the AI movement and when playing its very frustrating ive missed out on energy supply drops nearly every other game or had my troops get killed all because the AI in this game is just ignorant. My units will get stuck against each other when moving through a tight area or ive even had it happen on open areas. Marauders for example i can try to move them a certain direction and if they run into an enemy troop they just stick to em and dont even push through or go around... im pretty sure a vehicle driving through ground troops at least should push them away.. as well as the AI movement for locusts is another problem when im in an attack or doing a hit and run manuever the locusts sometimes do a victory lap around the enemy troops before trying to move to the location that I mark if they survive that long. I haven't noticed any real bugs in the game so far. But I really would like the AI movement in this game to be improved it needs a lot of improvement. Looking forward to the game dropping.

This Blitz beta so far has been a terrible experience.
I am constantly knocked out of matches for no reason. As such I am somehow losing experience points and not getting the bonuses I am supposed to get for the challenges I complete. On top of that, after I lose XP and dont get the XP I am supposed to get, the challenge is marked as complete.
I also do not get all of the packs I am supposed to get and when I try to open them, I am occasionally brought back to the menu out of nowhere and the pack is gone. I then check my card library just to see that I received nothing. This is just the worst type of time waste.
The card system is especially flawed since i am not allowed to truly customize my deck. Such as not being able to keep a deck at under 12 cards and not being able to select said deck.
I really hope you guys get it together because I now REFUSE to pre-order any of your products, especially this glitch riddled, uncustomizable, lost memory dump. I will express this sentiment to all of my gaming groups that I am apart of. Just terrible
quit being salty with your false accusations.....
My Snipers keep losing invisibility when they engage in combat with no units around them let alone a unit go near them but it doesn't have detect but they still lose their invisibility.
Probably because all cloaking units in this game mode lose their cloak 90 seconds after they are spawned.
FPS DROP with 144hz monitor even on low graphic
after i switched to 59hz or lower than 144hz the game will run smoothly but in 144hz setting the game was very slow even move a screen.
great game. great balance of unit damage/power. selecting all units and/or single units seems clunky/sluggish or an entire army or wrong unit class will follow the command. same thing when attempting to select single unit to send to base and heal. nutshell; selecting units needs polished.

i'm betting the bank your amazing crews are already aware and fixing the issue. thank you all for your
hard work. it definately shows
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 35
  4. 36
  5. 37
  6. 38
  7. 39
  8. ...
  9. 41