Blitz Beta – Blitz Feedback Thread

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. ...
  6. 41
did anyone else get 20 free card packs? when i logged in i had 20 unopened packs
  • Please fix the locust shooting through fog of war. I dont know if that was a glitch or not, but it was horribly broken.
  • Do NOT let us cycle through our cards endlessly for 5 energy every time. No other card based game I know of does that, and there are reasons for it. The game becomes horribly broken. Either cap the number of times someone can cycle cards, or add +5 energy to the cycle cost every time they cycle.
  • Adding to that, maybe try to randomize the decks a little. even if its only 10 cards, if I always know what my next cards are it takes away the short term strategy in place of long term planning, which really isnt what this game mode was about.
  • Please give a breakdown of unit hard stats either in or out of game. I would like to know exactly how much health and the DPS of the units. It really bothered me not knowing this.
  • Give some extra energy back for units that killed other units, and based on how many other units they killed.
I enjoyed the beta, however I did not play it as much as I would've like too due to these issues.
I perdonally enjoyed customizing my deck and seeing how things will turn out. All in all o cant wait for it to come out so i can rank up.
did anyone else get 20 free card packs? when i logged in i had 20 unopened packs
No waaaay!?
Part of a gift sent out to all the players playing the beta as an incentive to keep playing/trying to balance the broken unit level up system.
Hello 343 !

I'm french, so I write my text in French and English. Why ? If you have a french guy on your team and if you don't understand me, you can read the text in french with the french guy ! Awesome !
I play On W10 the Blitz beta, and I play on Xbox the first beta (obviously)

So, I give the links for the two picture (because is too big for your forum)

French/Français : http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/173057SanstitreFR.jpg
English/Anglais : http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/883137SanstitreENG2.jpg

I hope you read my idea and notes. I hope they is usefull for you !
Thanks for this game and the two Beta !
Yes after about 1 week.
  • Please fix the locust shooting through fog of war. I dont know if that was a glitch or not, but it was horribly broken.
  • Do NOT let us cycle through our cards endlessly for 5 energy every time. No other card based game I know of does that, and there are reasons for it. The game becomes horribly broken. Either cap the number of times someone can cycle cards, or add +5 energy to the cycle cost every time they cycle.
  • Adding to that, maybe try to randomize the decks a little. even if its only 10 cards, if I always know what my next cards are it takes away the short term strategy in place of long term planning, which really isnt what this game mode was about.
  • Please give a breakdown of unit hard stats either in or out of game. I would like to know exactly how much health and the DPS of the units. It really bothered me not knowing this.
  • Give some extra energy back for units that killed other units, and based on how many other units they killed.
+1 very good post. Quoted for truth.
No more Locust or Hero Cycle please.
One huge problem me and my buddy had with the game. Yes I understand that there should be a comeback factor in the game to prevent total steamrolling, but the refunding mechanic of losing a card is a little absurd. From what we saw, you gain back half the energy of the card you lost. For example, I lost a set of hunters which costed 40 energy, and I gained 20 back. Also from what we saw, using powers could obviously take out an army, but you don't get energy from killing anything with said powers, while the guys who lost his stuff got half his energy back. So you spend 180 on Eradication, to take out say two locusts and bloodfuels, for 200 total, and a blisterback which were I think 140, so 340 total. The guy who lost his army now has 170 energy from the refund mechanic, while the power user is now out 180. Yes the guy with the big army lost his army, but the power user lost 180, and the army guy lost 170, because he gained half back. So my point being the you should only use powers to take out an army that is twice the size, energy wise, than the cost of the power. This seems a little ridiculous but plausible, but that's considering the power takes out the army, MAC blast doesn't kill a lot of units, making it and other powers like it, seem much less powerful. Archer missiles are the same way. That's what we noticed. Also if someone has a cheap spam deck, which I get is a strategy, they will always overpower a stronger less spammy deck because 10 infantry cards, even at half damage and health for 8 seconds, can take out an expensive but single target based army, like a few scorpions, especially since the spammer gets half his energy back when one unit dies. There are ways to counter spammers, but when you have to worry about the locust spammers, and infantry spammers, you cant build a deck to counter them both, that will also stand a chance against any of the other dozen play styles.
I know this is a bit late, but my only complaint of worth while (I apologize if this is a repeat complaint, don't know if someone already said it or not.) Units that have shields such as the locust take so very little damage to the shield and it's own health without the shield and they weren't so broken in that regard as compared to their Halo Wars 1 counterpart which were well balanced. I could understand buffing up the shields to be more beefy with upgrades but in a game mode such as Blitz where I'm assuming nothing is upgraded and it's all just standard/default unit variants it's a bit unfair to have to commit so many units to the destruction of one unit while in that time frame you could lose several trying to kill that one. I'd also like to see a bit of a nerf to their range since it's quite obnoxiously long for being an anti-building unit it has the range of artillery units.
343 please release Halo Wars 2: Blitz mode as a smart phone game! Reduced graphics or whatever is totally fine!
I love the fact that Blitz mode is short, sweet and fast paced. It reminds me a lot of a rocketleague match.
I want this gameplay on my phone. Instant card-based summoning action!
The Blitz mode was very awesome i enjoy playing it but sometimes hard but its the hype and the excitement
The blitz mode sometimes kicks out me couple times in a game. bug?!?!
The Kodiack is broken. You cannot tell it what to attack when it is locked down. It also doesent attack what might be right next to it (that it could fire at (ground troops, vehicles) when it is locked down. Plz fix thx

also it needs more health
I have feedback but it won't let me start a thread, error please try again later? Test post to see if it works...
I had trouble sometimes with teammates staying at spawn and just spawn units and do nothing. I get it, first game want to see how it works but to stay in spawn 90% OF THE FLIPPING GAME is annoying. When I first got into a game I spawned a few units but as soon as I saw that I was needed I moved to help and my team won and I had a three game win streak. Overall I just wasn't happy with the gamemode it just wasn't fun I found that it was just a big waiting game, wait for energy, wait for the units to gain for health, wait for the the units to get to the point, wait for enemy to rebuild his/her's force or vice versa. ( I'm fine with waiting for units to get to where you order I play mostly RTS based games.)
Blitz PC Feedback

1. Game play interface, user interface(or whatever you call it), key bindings
- Unit abilities should have different hotkeys or a way to cycle through the abilities when you have multiple units with abilities selected.
- Needs a mute button for both your mic and your the mic of your allies. Was on skype and I'm pretty sure my ally was hearing everything I say as well.
- Would like it if my air units moved at their base speed when giving move commands to an army that has both ground and air units. When trying to flee from a fight my air
units take unnecessary damage because they're moving at the same speed as the ground army.

2. Card/unit balance, fatigue
- Bloodfuel locust seems overpowered. Been in a few situations where it was even a hassle to kill targeting it down with multiple units.
- This goes for both the locust and the bloodfuel locust. Don't like how it can shoot into the fog of war without vision. Shouldn't be able to shoot through mountains and terrain. Either range should be nerfed, or card cost increased.
- Forgot the name of the card, but it's a covenant leader power that slowly does damage until it reaches the middle and does a huge burst of damage. Damage should
nerfed, or slow down the amount of time it takes to reach the middle so players can at least escape with some of their army.
- Dropping in fatigued units doesn't seem to be too helpful most of the time, except in the small skirmishes. Maybe change fatigued units to spawn with 75% health and
damage? Or they eventually recover that 50% of missing health regardless of being attacked. Not sure what a nice change would be.

3. Bugs
- Units get stuck, are unable to be selected, and become unresponsive.
- At the very start of the game unable to select or move units and cards, forcing me to leave the game.
- Ordering unit movement on the minimap doesn't register sometimes. Likewise with clicking on the map to change my view to a different location, I'll be stuck looking at
the current location forcing me to scroll across the map.
- Box selecting and single selecting units doesn't register, causing my army to die or something of the similar. Only happens when I'm playing really fast.
- When adding a unit/units to control group it doesn't register.

That's all I could remember from the top of my head. Be back again to give more feedback after the release!
Not completely relevant but does anyone know at what time the game is available for download.
I pre-ordered on Xbox so I should get it on the 17th. But does that mean as soon as the 17th starts or partway through the day? Also I need to take into account that I live in England so GMT not PST.
If anyone can help I'd be grateful- I really want to start playing ASAP.
Thanx, Viper
Hello 343i/CE. First I'd like to say thank you for this fantastic game--the last beta was amazingly fun and I had a blast. I want to share some opinions specifically for Blitz in hopes of making it even better for post-release (sorry for being super late with feedback). I will be organized and concise, given relevant explanation and suggestions for a change. I also marked the most concerning topics with an asterisk (*).

UNITS
  1. *Locust. Many others and I believe Banished Locusts and their Siphon Variant offer too much value for their cost. Essentially a fast mobile artillery that can attack air and ground, it is the undisputed best sniper/kiting unit. It can beat most units 1v1 (even counters), or 1v2 if proper micro is employed. The Siphon is even worse, with life steal that allows it to go 1v1 virtually any unit (Vulture, Scorpion, etc.) and even 1v3. Locust are fragile in CQC, but in large enough numbers their range will allow them to perniciously destroy any force with impunity. My suggestions for both variants would be to increase their cost or reduce value: 1.) reduce range by 20-25% and decrease Siphon heal rate, and/or 2.) increase energy of Locust 40-55 and Siphon 60-80.
  2. Chopper. Same as the first beta, the Chopper is still quite powerful. In Blitz, it beats all infantry (except ODST/anti-tank) and other scouts (Warthog, Ghost, Jackrabbit) with ram. Basically a warthog for a third of the cost (20 vs. 60). There should be a fine line between scout and anti-infantry vehicles, but the Chopper assumes both roles. Consider increasing cost to 30/40 or nerf ram.
  3. Warthog. Very underwhelming value for cost. For CQC in the main army, they die way to fast to vehicles/anti-vehicle infantry for their guns to spin up and contribute in a fight; cost prohibitive to build more. As a scout, they are fine at clearing regular scattered infantry, but Chopper and Jackrabbit provide similar performance while collecting energy barrels faster. I'd like the cost to be reduced to 50, possibly with a very slight HP and ATK buff.
BALANCING
  1. *Blast. The ability is fine, but has abusive qualities. Blast's fuse time is arguably avoidable (given army size, momentum and terrain), but it is literally inescapable when combined with vortex or teleport, which force enemy units back into the instant kill radius with no hopes of escape. Also having your main army blasted when microing on multiple fronts leaves a bad taste with the demoralizing partial refund. While guard units are a counter (the only one), they are: usually expensive; die fast; not available in every deck. In both scenarios, blast units usually don't travel across the map, they are spawned right on top of the enemy. Therefore I suggest battle fatigue is added to the blast effect (from 100-50% damage); I don't think increasing the cost would help.
  2. Starting Army: Cloaked Marauder. Overall, Marauders are a solid unit; high HP, respectable damage on ground and air, and they can slow down enemies. They can be hard to take down but spawning in the right counters easily solves this problem. However, with cloak, you'd have to buy have to buy at least 100+ energy of detection and anti-tank to defeat them, which is not possible early on. Either you avoid them and use fast scouts to take energy, or make a slow army that is incapable of branching off to take pads or multiple energy. I suggest to remove their cloak, as they'd still powerful, or my next suggestion...
  3. Cloaked Unit Length. During the final minutes of a Blitz game, scores are high and securing every point matters. It becomes less about map control, army size, and destruction and more about contesting pads to stall or keep your score moving to 200--a perfect use for cloak units. Having an enemy Shipmaster cloak his entire army/insurgent force and move to the pads puts stress on energy reserves and the availability of detection units to counter them. 90 seconds of cloak is an eternity in games, and 100 energy is a small price to pay when your opponent will be spending at least 40-70 energy to spawn in a detection unit. Please consider reducing the length of all non-permanent cloak. Something like 60 seconds would seem to be a reasonably good compromise.
  4. *Radius of Detect. Many times i've had my army hugging cloaked enemy units without actually detecting them. Sometimes a cloaked reaver would shoot air units with impunity because my detect unit only could briefly detect it at 2-3 tank lengths away. Also, multiple times I placed cloaked units inside the outer circle of a pad to contest it during the crucial final moments of a game without it dying despite detect units being within its center. I'd suggest increasing the detect radius by 50-100% for all detect units; side note: if you could add the option to see circles around detection units to see their detect radius, that would be magnificent.
  5. Lack of comparable UNSC powers. Banished have access to very good powers at low, mid, and high costs, whereas the UNSC's are usually either weak or exorbitantly expensive with great but possibly limited effect. I'll list similarly costed powers from both factions:
Banished
  • Eradictor (180): quick, impressive AOE, and can kill/red bar the entirety of multiple maxed out armies
  • Teleport/Vortex + Blast (140/180): near unavoidable instant death of an entire bundled up army
  • Boundless Fury (150): Increased attack and speed; costly for short duration, but long enough to turn the tide of fights
  • Cloaking Field (100): very large radius, hides units and restricts counter units to only targeting visible enemies
  • Grunt swarm (50): 3 Rush Grunts; great for energy control/reinforce
UNSC
  • Ghost in the Machine (220): instant control of enemy vehicles that can entirely change the pace of a game; rather costly, not guaranteed to be useful in every game
  • Close Air Support (180): Heavy sustained damage from Pelican Gunships; takes time to spawn Pelicans and can be seen coming, easily destroyed, slow to take effect and can't outright kill the largest armies
  • Mac Blast (160): powerful shot that can decimate or severely injure; sort of small AOE, shows enemy it's coming with target
  • Archer Missile (100): carpet bomb in a line; underwhelming damage for cost, only moderately effective on infantry
  • Advanced Optics (50): increase sight and range; very useful for kiting or extending range of counter units, but extremely short duration and useless in CQC
BUGS
  1. *Detect Not Working. This was a serious and reoccurring problem. An average of twice a day I'd be in a game where I had, for example, some Cyclops/ODSTs and a Nightingale moving in on an enemy army or a straggling Marauder/Reaver/Sniper, and despite the Nightingale being directly overhead, the cloaked unit would not be revealed. I'd have to spawn in a new detect unit, which always remedied the problem. Sometimes the original unit that wouldn't detect would be able to later in the game, however.
  2. Stuck Units. Randomly, units would get stuck in place (with or without their movement animation) for undetermined periods of time. The unit would not fire at enemies but seemed to often get unstuck once receiving damage. The unit may also become unstuck randomly in 15 seconds to minutes. Only happened to ODSTs, Marines, Wolverines, and Jackrabbits.
Sorry for the length :D. Hope any of this helps!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 39
  4. 40
  5. ...
  6. 41