Blitz Beta – Leader Feedback Thread

OP Forum Team

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
The Halo Wars 2 Blitz Beta is live and will be running until January 30! During this time, we are looking to gather as much of your input as possible; and this Feedback thread is dedicated to collecting your input specifically on the Leaders in Blitz. Blitz is an brand-new mode in Halo Wars 2, in which tactical combat meets card-based strategy.

Please provide feedback specifically on the Leader in the Blitz game mode in this thread. Additionally, if you'd like to provide even more input on the Halo Wars 2 Blitz Beta, please consider joining the Halo Community Feedback Program!

When posting, please try to be as specific as possible. Providing details and context will help us understand the message you are trying to convey. For example:
Leader: Captain Cutter
Feedback: Captain Cutter is not useful against Atriox during a base rush, because of X, Y, and Z reasons. I'd recommend adjusting his units by making A, B, and C changes, as I think it would help the flow of the game.
Leader Feedback - Rank 10 - Played for 23 Hours as of end of Blitz Beta

Leader: Atriox
Feedback: Atriox's "Shockwave" Ability should simply be a wall that if passed through by enemy units, causes them to receive the Debuff effect, instead of being a ball of energy that moves back and forth. As it proves rather difficult to make full use of it as it can't effect a multitude of units easily. The "Atriox's Bulwark" ability straight up doesn't make units invulnerable. The "Eradication" ability is perfect as it is.

Leader: Shipmaster
Feedback: The shipmaster's "Teleport" ability cannot reach a far enough distance to be worth utilising, consider tripling the distance so it can at least move a group of units from Pad A to Pad B, otherwise it is useless. Same with the "Glassing Beam" ability, it does too little damage to be worth 110 points. Finally, the "Cloaking Field" ability should be more prominent through its duration, the circle effect disappears immediately making it hard to see what units are effected by it.

Leader: Decimus
Feedback: Decimus' ability cards are very support heavy, and he lacks any sort of ability to call in units or a damaging ability like the Glassing Beam or MAC Blast. Consider giving him some kind of damaging ability or Brute mob ability or something to make him more useful in combat. Also, Decimus' "Vortex" ability causes larger air units like Vultures and Condors to 'hop about' for lack of a better term, making them hard to target.

Leader: Cutter
Feedback: Cutter's ability, "Close Air Support" expires far too quickly, making it rather ineffective at destroying armies as it was in the first beta back in June. It should last double its current time.

Leader: Isabel
Feedback: Isabel's "MAC Blast" ability is extremely weak for a MAC Blast, consider making it either stronger or have increased radius. Also I'm surprised that Isabel has the MAC instead of Cutter, makes more sense for Isabel to have Archer Missiles, but I'm fine with either way.

Leader: Anders
Feedback: Ander's "Ark Cleansing" card as shown in the 30 second Blitz Beta Trailer is nowhere to be seen, as well as her unique 'Retriever Sentinel' Ultimate Unit. I'm assuming that these new cards will be added in the final game.

On an unrelated note, I feel that since Anders gets her own ultimate unit in the form of the Retriever Sentinel, maybe Decimus or the Shipmaster could have the Lich (Large vehicle that drops off the Banished bases in Deathmatch) as a ultimate unit to even the playing field? It would be easier I Imagine since you've already developed the model for it. I know its a tall order, but its just a thought.

Link to Lich: http://www.halopedia.org/images/8/8f/HW2B_Lich.png
I have some leader feedback. Where's the FLOOD!? What about Prometheans!? The biggest complaint regarding the original Halo Wars was lack of factions (everybody wanted the flood), and you guys didn't learn the lesson. Smh. Unless the flood is in the game and you're just hiding it...in that case sorry lol.
I have some leader feedback. Where's the FLOOD!? What about Prometheans!? The biggest complaint regarding the original Halo Wars was lack of factions (everybody wanted the flood), and you guys didn't learn the lesson. Smh. Unless the flood is in the game and you're just hiding it...in that case sorry lol.
Some of the cards require Sgt. Forge as your leader, which seems pretty spoilery to me

Edit: Yes I just saw he was confirmed as a microtransaction (temporarily free), which surprisingly may be even worse
Kozak170 wrote:
Some of the cards require Sgt. Forge as your leader, which seems pretty spoilery to me
He was announced awhile back he is a early adopter bonus so technically not part of the main game but everyone gets him if they play in the launch timeframe.
Feedback: like previously stated teleport is way to short even on the little map blitz provides. It's pretty useless as of now it won't be used very much if at all in normal matches.

Maybe there should be 2 variants one much longer version for normal game modes and this one for blitz.
Leader: Ship Master
Feedback: The cloak field ability is very 'op' when put on a scarab, it practically makes the scarab invincible for the hole time it is out for maybe there could be a way to not let the scarab or condor be able to have extra abilities put on them
Feedback: I think the starting army of cloaked marauders is a bit to strong and lasts way to long. If you don't have a troop that can reveal cloaked troop in your hand at the start of the game it can be really hard to counter them.
Feedback: Quite frankly, I think Anders has far too many starting units. Balance or no, the sheer number is rather ridiculous. On top of that, it is extremely easy to augment them with any one of the Ark's/Anders' very, very effective abilities. I'm also having a difficult time seeing the Ark Sentinels she calls in.
KCD0DGER wrote:
Feedback: Quite frankly, I think Anders has far too many starting units. Balance or no, the sheer number is rather ridiculous. On top of that, it is extremely easy to augment them with any one of the Ark's/Anders' very, very effective abilities. I'm also having a difficult time seeing the Ark Sentinels she calls in.
This. Every match I played where there was an Anders on the enemy team I got roflstomped so hard. Cutter gets two ODSTs and a nightingale, good against cloaked infantry maybe, but other units are too much for them
Leader: Decimus

Feedback: He seems underpowered. Sure, his starting units have a jump ability, but they still can't capture the points before a scout or air unit. Maybe give him a more mobile starting unit. Also, his leader powers pale in comparison to Atriox's Eradication. Give Vortex and Blast Hammer a buff. Besides that, everything seems pretty well balanced as far as I've seen.
Kozak170 wrote:
He was announced as a bonus for pre orders and early access stuff, so he's most likely multiplayer only.
Leader : Shipmaster

currently have 5 hours and thirty minutes game time Rank 6. i think the cloaked marauders are op to start with, especially since i can bulid a ghost right too away to capture a point right at the start. playin as ship master assassin I find it very easy to win 1v1 duels. i believe you need to control the top of the map where a possible three energy pods drop. top and mid are crucial. using scouts to get to the capture points when left open, and to get energy. i had alot of fun this morning. mainly because i won alot haha. And i don't bother putting teleport in my deck like a previous poster mentioned.

long story short, i find it too easy using Ship master assassin! Thanks 343 for the opportunity to play your game.
Benti86 wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
This. Every match I played where there was an Anders on the enemy team I got roflstomped so hard. Cutter gets two ODSTs and a nightingale, good against cloaked infantry maybe, but other units are too much for them
Agreed. Every leader should only have three units. Not five, not seven. Three.
KCD0DGER wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
I feel that having hit and run tactics is valuable in blitz because the main goalsbare captures and energy. dont allow her forces to a mass. counter is not that difficult mid game if you get energy.
KCD0DGER wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
I feel that having hit and run tactics is valuable in blitz because the main goalsbare captures and energy. dont allow her forces to a mass. counter is not that difficult mid game if you get energy.
You're not wrong but the issue is, you need to be able to amass a force because once your enemy holds a position, they can also monopolize the energy drops.

I feel like energy drops should be more frequent for the team with lesser points, or some kind of catch up system. Entirely for balance and to keep things interesting.
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
You're not wrong but the issue is, you need to be able to amass a force because once your enemy holds a position, they can also monopolize the energy drops.

I feel like energy drops should be more frequent for the team with lesser points, or some kind of catch up system. Entirely for balance and to keep things interesting.
Every match ive one is because players only move enmasse and can't micro. you dont have to worry about units being destroyed as much because in blitz you gain energy by simply moving around the map while catching points. too many players try to grt an uber unit before they have enough capture points or bunch up for a nice mac round.
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
Benti86 wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:

Every match ive one is because players only move enmasse and can't micro. you dont have to worry about units being destroyed as much because in blitz you gain energy by simply moving around the map while catching points. too many players try to grt an uber unit before they have enough capture points or bunch up for a nice mac round.
It is kinda frustrating, isn't it? You never lose to a better force. Just a bigger one.
Well id like to see the sgt Johnson picture you showed as a DLC leader hearing sgt Johnson again would be awesome with his own leader unit and abilitys would be 10/10 thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4