Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Blitz pay to win? how to fix it

OP intrepidomar

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
IMO a good way to make blitz not pay to win is adding a supply mechanic for upgrading cards (like the system in clash royale, but not purchasable) so they wont be able to get and upgrade all the cards just by paying.
You get supplies by playing blitz, you use supplies to craft and upgrade cards depending on their level and rarity, so there will be a "Wall" for the pay2win guys, any opinions?
Warzone was not Pay2Win, and these microtransactions seem less intrusive, so HW2 is not pay2win.
Warzone was not Pay2Win, and these microtransactions seem less intrusive, so HW2 is not pay2win.
What he is saying tho is to have it were cards don't auto level up were you have to pay basically coins to level them up but you can only get them through gameplay. So even if you buy a ton of cards you won't be able to level them up without working for it.
T1g3rs65 wrote:
What he is saying tho is to have it were cards don't auto level up were you have to pay basically coins to level them up but you can only get them through gameplay. So even if you buy a ton of cards you won't be able to level them up without working for it.
Oh that's a good solution.
I'm more concerned with the fact that it's unplayable atm. I've lost every single round so far. I'm consistently trashed by armies over twice the size of mine. It sucks. The games sucks right now.
I think if it is pay to win or not will show in time, either ways the fact that the cards are permanent unlocks and not 1 time use scams is 1000 times better than rhe REQ system.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm not too worried about the micros. Blitz isn't all that fun. Doubt I'll play it much beyond whatever achievements require it.
I'm more concerned with the fact that it's unplayable atm. I've lost every single round so far. I'm consistently trashed by armies over twice the size of mine. It sucks. The games sucks right now.
Lol. I'm sorry to laugh at this, but I mean.. Comeon heh. That's just your play level. You are fighting other players that are better then you. You just need to learn the game and get better at it. One aspect of improving is loosing. Find out what others are doing and you might see what you are doing wrong. I've only gotten to play 4 matches so far, but I've won each one of them and I am by no means some legendary RTS player. You just have to learn the system.

Tips:
1) Include fast units in your deck. You want fast units so you can quickly grab the energy drops. The more energy drops you get, the more army you can field.
2) Consider playing 2vs2. Sometimes you might get some heat off you by playing with a team mate.
3) Build a balanced deck. Have units off every cost in the deck. If you add a Vulture at 140 cost, then make sure to also add a Marine at 20. Scorpion at 110, then add a cyclops at 30. Make sure you have units that counter air, infantry and vehicles.
4) Design a deck with purpose. Is it going to be a quick mobile army or a sturdy, slow, punchy army? You could design a deck mainly based on tricks and abilities, long range artillery and so on. For you I would recommand a very basic deck however. Avoid using cards like Scarab and Condor. They will just distract you from your goal.
5) Keep playing. Play, fail, learn, play again. Check out youtube videos and see what others are saying. And most importantly; don't give up.

Good luck.
Wanna see you fighting in the first five months against a 12 spartan Team where everyone spend at least 100€ for reqs. Warzone was there pay to win. And very Bad
Lol. I'm sorry to laugh at this, but I mean.. Comeon heh. That's just your play level. You are fighting other players that are better then you. You just need to learn the game and get better at it. One aspect of improving is loosing. Find out what others are doing and you might see what you are doing wrong. I've only gotten to play 4 matches so far, but I've won each one of them and I am by no means some legendary RTS player. You just have to learn the system.

Tips:
1) Include fast units in your deck. You want fast units so you can quickly grab the energy drops. The more energy drops you get, the more army you can field.
2) Consider playing 2vs2. Sometimes you might get some heat off you by playing with a team mate.
3) Build a balanced deck. Have units off every cost in the deck. If you add a Vulture at 140 cost, then make sure to also add a Marine at 20. Scorpion at 110, then add a cyclops at 30. Make sure you have units that counter air, infantry and vehicles.
4) Design a deck with purpose. Is it going to be a quick mobile army or a sturdy, slow, punchy army? You could design a deck mainly based on tricks and abilities, long range artillery and so on. For you I would recommand a very basic deck however. Avoid using cards like Scarab and Condor. They will just distract you from your goal.
5) Keep playing. Play, fail, learn, play again. Check out youtube videos and see what others are saying. And most importantly; don't give up.

Good luck.
I will play today evening and your Tips sounds very good... Will see how it work ^^
Wanna see you fighting in the first five months against a 12 spartan Team where everyone spend at least 100€ for reqs. Warzone was there pay to win. And very Bad
That wasn't p2w, that was grouping up to 12 man's and out-strategy-ing you (because randoms don't all group up to attack 1 control point together)
Jakaals wrote:
That wasn't p2w, that was grouping up to 12 man's and out-strategy-ing you (because randoms don't all group up to attack 1 control point together)
It's no problem to destroy an enemy 12 player Team too when you have the right weapons
Jakaals wrote:
It's no problem to destroy an enemy 12 player Team too when you have the right weapons
Both teams can have good weapons, it doesn't matter if you pay or not. Teams get destroyed by 12 man fireteams because of teamwork and communication, not because they paid.
Jakaals wrote:
Both teams can have good weapons, it doesn't matter if you pay or not. Teams get destroyed by 12 man fireteams because of teamwork and communication, not because they paid.
A 12 v 12 match, everyone same skill and two big teams. One Team without microtransactions and one Team with 100-200€ per Person. Who will win?
Jakaals wrote:
A 12 v 12 match, everyone same skill and two big teams. One Team without microtransactions and one Team with 100-200€ per Person. Who will win?
First, that would never happen, which essentially makes this useless, but I'll still go along with it anyways. The team with the common to rare reqs would be able to pull them out faster and more often, while the other team has to wait until their ultra rare-legendary reqs are unlocked. Plus, many are hesitant to pull out mythic reqs because of their rarity, and there's always a common-rare req that can counter a mythic. However, teamwork always can beat good reqs.
Jakaals wrote:
Holy Hell. What? Please tell me you're kidding.
The store isn't even available yet. Stop.
Jakaals wrote:
First, that would never happen, which essentially makes this useless, but I'll still go along with it anyways. The team with the common to rare reqs would be able to pull them out faster and more often, while the other team has to wait until their ultra rare-legendary reqs are unlocked. Plus, many are hesitant to pull out mythic reqs because of their rarity, and there's always a common-rare req that can counter a mythic. However, teamwork always can beat good reqs.
That happens a lot :) Me and my team, we all spend money in that game and we totally dominated Warzone.
Sounds like a great idea.
Jakaals wrote:
That happens a lot :) Me and my team, we all spend money in that game and we totally dominated Warzone.
No, I mean your scenario, and you didn't dominate because you paid. You dominated because you were in a team.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2