Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Brand new to this game, hell new 2 halo in general

OP LoathingChain

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What's the best way to start learning pvp? Is just going against AI best place to start
That's always a good way to start learning the basics
I highly recommend doing the tutorials first to learn the basic mechanics of the game. The campaign also does a decent job. Jumping straight into AI matches is good as well. Watch YouTube videos or Twitch streams to learn more advanced strategies.
Private message people on how you can improve your strategies
If you have any prior RTS experience on PC, you'll find this game easier.
A big part of this game is leader powers.
I have learned a lot from watching YouTube videos of Breaking The Clutch. They have a bunch of strategy, build orders and tips videos.
Personally I also think it is a good idea to stick with one leader until you are comfortable with it.
And last, enjoy!
I used to play star craft years ago and the original warcraft, but either I forgot everything or that was to different.
I plan on finishing the campaign and advanced training as well. I might even send msg to teammates asking for help, I sent one today saying sorry
I won't be on till later, but I'm down to play some matches if you want to or the campaign.
Dont watch YouTube every 30 days Halo Wars 2 change of style. Anders and kinsano até useless
Go online and play 1v1 deathmatch. Then use AI skirmish to work your build orders. Knowing exactly what your are going to build before the game starts is key.

Don't play team deathmatch and blitz. :)
ZuluKaneda wrote:
Go online and play 1v1 deathmatch. Then use AI skirmish to work your build orders. Knowing exactly what your are going to build before the game starts is key.

Don't play team deathmatch and blitz. :)
Actually Blitz is quite a good way to learn the advantages of terrain, holding strategic locations, making the most of a limited number of units (and their Y abilities) and using leader powers at the right moment.

Best thing about Blitz for newbies is not having to worry about micromanaging a base build.

Strongholds is also good for newbies
T1g3rs65 wrote:
That's always a good way to start learning the basics
Play the tutorials, then I'd suggest playing against AI in custom matches. Start off against easy AI and work your way up.
The AI on this game isnt too bad, once you can beat a legendary AI you're probably better than the average player and you should start playing some online PvP.
Good luck and enjoy man.
If you'd like you can PM me and we can do some custom matches later tonight.
Thanks everyone for advice, I went 1v1 and after getting wrecked I changed it to easy and finally won haha. Even through I suck and have no idea about leaders or really their abilities (I picked the professor lady ) I still like it. I have the halo master chef thing as well so I'm keen to get into that as well. Anyone wants to party up when I'm better my gt is LoathingChain (thanks Microsoft for picking that name) but I'm from Australia so hours maybe off.
just play the campaign
What's the best way to start learning pvp? Is just going against AI best place to start
Best way would be to watch streams of the top players and ask questions or ask for help. I am #2 Champion for 1v1 and I'd be happy to help if you need it :)
Best way would be to watch streams of the top players and ask questions or ask for help. I am #2 Champion for 1v1 and I'd be happy to help if you need it :)
Do you have a YouTube channel? I havnt used twitch or anything apart from that. If you know of a YouTube that has videos for completely noon people I'll check them out. Thanks
Campaign is a good place to start.
Welcome to halo and all of her magestic....ness.
Also add for HW2 buddy. We can suck together. :)
Welcome to halo and all of her magestic....ness.
Also add for HW2 buddy. We can suck together. :)
Haha sure thing buddy, my gt is LoathingChain
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2