Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Buff Yap Yap (1v1)

OP Lordy Rothchild

Yap Yap is a pay to win leader and yet gets destroyed by every other leader in 1v1. His cannonfoder are USELESS yet this is the free unit that yap is supposed to use early game... The problem is yap cant really compete early game against goliath, brutes, as well as flamers. This makes him borderline the worst leader just because you wont make it to tech 2 as yap in 1v1. Id recommend either heavy grunts be bought through outposts or give suicide grunts to yap. Please for the love of god balance yap for early game.
Yap Yap is a pay to win leader and yet gets destroyed by every other leader in 1v1. His cannonfoder are USELESS yet this is the free unit that yap is supposed to use early game... The problem is yap cant really compete early game against goliath, brutes, as well as flamers. This makes him borderline the worst leader just because you wont make it to tech 2 as yap in 1v1. Id recommend either heavy grunts be bought through outposts or give suicide grunts to yap. Please for the love of god balance yap for early game.
He can be strong, but yes there needs to be a better pickup rate of fodder. I'd even be down with the idea that the fodders are maybe 40 supplies each but useful. I'm pretty sure the devs are aware but I will definitely want some improvement on yap.
Build like 2-4 extra mini bases right away and just spam huge amounts of fodder. It's quite effective to have 80 pop of cannon fodder harassing opponents units like 2 min into the game. The mine drop is also very strong and will nearly 1 hit kill infantry.

Also don't waste time picking up resources with fodder. Just harass and expand base while opponent is occupied. You can even steal opponents power structures since they will likely be preoccupied.
Build like 2-4 extra mini bases right away and just spam huge amounts of fodder. It's quite effective to have 80 pop of cannon fodder harassing opponents units like 2 min into the game. The mine drop is also very strong and will nearly 1 hit kill infantry.

Also don't waste time picking up resources with fodder. Just harass and expand base while opponent is occupied. You can even steal opponents power structures since they will likely be preoccupied.
They can easily be ignored due to the extremely low damage they deal, leaving you exposed to an attack without being able to build units to defend it. A yapyap did the cannon fodder rush thing to me and I destroyed his base then came back to my base and finished him off. Not to mention, if you don't collect resources in the beginning you will be behind.
Been experimenting with just putting up 4 turrets right away while cannon fodder rushing. Seems to cover up the defense problem on yap yaps part. Most of my losses were to players who ignored the cannon fodder and went straight to my base instead.

Seems like a pretty fixable problem though. Still think cannon fodder is best on offense cause they can easily overwhelm any non flamer units early game. Plus it is essentially unlimited scouting, you always know what's going on. Defense is the main issue though.
Yeah so yap doesn't have many options, its either send fodders to the base non stop or starve in resources and be behind in supps and power. Too easily countered, and his mine does do some damage; while Diarrhea Man's(Voridus) mine does more damage + the pool of mud for 2 minutes. That is insanely unfair if compared to Yap, or any leader.