Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Can annyone teach me how to fight mastadons'?

OP DHG strongdog

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Seems like no mateer what you do. You rush and a OP -Yoink- hero murks your units or you sit and let them build a impossible kill army. How the hell do you fight it? I cant kill even masrs with 10 Hunters against CT masts.
A solid frontline line of AV units and core infantry (to soak sniper rounds) supported by a rear line of anti-infantry with air support will do the trick. The biggest thing is not allowing your opponent to max their upgrades; that's when Mastodons become the biggest issue- but that requires both vehicle level III and infantry level III alongside marine upgrades so you have a lot of time to harass and prevent that.
The first issue is CT Marines are objectively overpowered. So once they're nerfed you should be better off.

Until then, try to get multiple expos and build a fast moving army. Mastadons are VERY slow so you should be able to effectively keep them on their back foot.
Use wraith invaders :^)
thanks for the tips. So masts are OP just because CT is broken is how i understand it.
let me introduce you to this cool unit called a banshee. it flys.
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
I second this. Banshees are great against mastodons because they're usually filled with a mix of marines, cyclops and snipers which isn't enough to stop a banshee blob. Additionally, mastodons are too slow to catch up to banshees that are harassing minibases and expos.

The problem is that this requires you to not lose the early game against Jerome, which is pretty much impossible as Banished due to his hero.
Dreiga wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:
I second this. Banshees are great against mastodons because they're usually filled with a mix of marines, cyclops and snipers which isn't enough to stop a banshee blob. Additionally, mastodons are too slow to catch up to banshees that are harassing minibases and expos.

The problem is that this requires you to not lose the early game against Jerome, which is pretty much impossible as Banished due to his hero.
CT marines in mastodons shred banshees lol
Hunter/Banshee is your best bet against Mastodons. And in general just try to be aggressive vs Jerome because if he gets a 2nd base up that's how he gets Masto numbers.
Dreiga wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:

CT marines shred banshees even without mastodons. I said that banshees are great if mastodons are filled with a mix of infantry, not marines exclusively.

And even if they have only marines in them, mix in some hunters and you're good.
Dreiga wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:

CT marines shred banshees even without mastodons. I said that banshees are great if mastodons are filled with a mix of infantry, not marines exclusively.

And even if they have only marines in them, mix in some hunters and you're good.
It takes alot of Hunters to kill them and then you have the issue of killing the Marines themselves. Hunter or Marines? Well Marines do great vs Hunters. Put a few Snipers in Masts pretty much negates what little AV potential you got. If masts were not slow, it would be sooo broken where they are. So you got Snipers and Marines so anything infantry is completely off limits and Marines rekt air. T3 seems to be the only real threat but they are far from being a good trade off or you go mass air and snipe base. Neither of these methods are cheap and AA plus Jerome hero do pretty good at killing air. A good player would prevent someone from going mass air anyhow so ....
Dreiga wrote:
Dreiga wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:

It takes alot of Hunters to kill them and then you have the issue of killing the Marines themselves. Hunter or Marines? Well Marines do great vs Hunters. Put a few Snipers in Masts pretty much negates what little AV potential you got. If masts were not slow, it would be sooo broken where they are. So you got Snipers and Marines so anything infantry is completely off limits and Marines rekt air. T3 seems to be the only real threat but they are far from being a good trade off or you go mass air and snipe base. Neither of these methods are cheap and AA plus Jerome hero do pretty good at killing air. A good player would prevent someone from going mass air anyhow so ....
This has mainly to do with CT marines being broken and Jerome being a pain in the yoink to Banished early game.

Jerome's early game is pretty much unbeatable as Banished. Marines with few snipers and his hero is enough to negate suis and heroes. Infantry gets kited and sniped from afar and scouts just don't cut it against his hero. So basically, Jerome can win almost any encounter in the early game against Banished.
At this point, Jerome can do anything he want because the game is already won.

Mastodons wouldn't be a problem if Jerome wasn't able to safely grab an early expo to double pump them and get his eco rolling while you're struggling to even leave your base and fight for power nodes/minis.
Seems like no mateer what you do. You rush and a OP -Yoink- hero murks your units or you sit and let them build a impossible kill army. How the hell do you fight it? I cant kill even masrs with 10 Hunters against CT masts.
I can xP
What about Decimus? Vortex Lightning and Warlord pull should deal with them pretty well, along with buffed banshees and hunters.
Dreiga wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:

Jerome’s hero is poor vs decimus hero and vortex or an honour guard he cant see.
I agree that banshees are a good counter but not for direct combat, only to sweep bases much quicker.
Try a mix of hunters and marauders if they are mostly filled with CT marines.
Instead, as others said, go mass banshees if they are mostly filled with counter units.
Dreiga wrote:
IxJeddeyxI wrote:

Jerome’s hero is poor vs decimus hero and vortex or an honour guard he cant see.
I agree that banshees are a good counter but not for direct combat, only to sweep bases much quicker.
Yeah Decimus is the exception as his kit is perfectly suited for countering heroes early game.
Problem is that 1-2 snipers negate both the warlord and the honour guard.
Pro tip. Vortex 1 fury 1 glassing 1. Push hunters, reavers and rangers shrouds engys. Fury the hunters and rangers also if you can. But aim for ATLEAST 4 hunters. Start fury, Vortex for debuff. Glassing. Watch it vanish
Ruzylo wrote:
Pro tip. Vortex 1 fury 1 glassing 1. Push hunters, reavers and rangers shrouds engys. Fury the hunters and rangers also if you can. But aim for ATLEAST 4 hunters. Start fury, Vortex for debuff. Glassing. Watch it vanish
He gets it.
Postums wrote:
Ruzylo wrote:
He gets it.
Yea i get it. Need deci to kill masts.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2