Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

can ground army’s be effective mid to late game?

OP SoCalWarDog

can ground army’s be effective late game?
Easily. On 1v1s you don't win without a ground army, and even in team games you most often win with ground armies as long as you coordinate with your teammate.
Many people blow off infantry all together, but they’re extremely important when it comes to early game, as well as countering. The chances of you needing an all infantry army in late game aren’t very high, but always remember that it’s an option.
They can be just make sure you don't wait to long so someone can go mass vultures.
Easily. On 1v1s you don't win without a ground army, and even in team games you most often win with ground armies as long as you coordinate with your teammate.
?????????????????????

For 1v1, wingman hornets were seen as a go to late game, now it's mostly vultures.
EiTeNeR wrote:
?????????????????????

For 1v1, wingman hornets were seen as a go to late game, now it's mostly vultures.
But that's T3??? Banished go Wraiths and Reavers as a late game comp or anti ball with locust, Air isn't dominant at all outside of late game.
EiTeNeR wrote:
?????????????????????

But that's T3??? Banished go Wraiths and Reavers as a late game comp or anti ball with locust, Air isn't dominant at all outside of late game.
Read the OP big pimpin.
I wish . Problem I find with this game after playing since day 1 in Solo 3s is that air control is what wins the majority of games and EVEN if you have a great composition of infantry and ground units against good players they’ll either start glassing beaming you wiping your entire army. Then go back door with air units to take out bases. The game hasn’t been balanced from the beginning in my opinion. Halo wars 1 was a lot more simple and balanced properly in my opinion . HW2 over killed the game with its overpowered leader powers and it’s cheap air units.

let me ask you this question how many games you’ve won or lost because of heavy “ground control” versus “air control” in 3s.