Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Can't Select Units

OP Vikulol

So I'm having this bug.

After I've played exactly 1 game, and continue on to the next game, I get into a situation where I am unable to interact with my mouse. I can see the marker, I can move it around. But clicking it gives nothing, my drivers are up to date. So far the only thing that have fixed the problem for me, have been to restart the game, usually resulting in abandoning a team-mate, who does not deserve it.

I've now learned to restart my game every single time, but that becomes anoying in the long run aswell.

Kind Regards,

Viku
From what i've heard, it looks like the pc version is having issues at the moment.
Vikulol wrote:
So I'm having this bug.

After I've played exactly 1 game, and continue on to the next game, I get into a situation where I am unable to interact with my mouse. I can see the marker, I can move it around. But clicking it gives nothing, my drivers are up to date. So far the only thing that have fixed the problem for me, have been to restart the game, usually resulting in abandoning a team-mate, who does not deserve it.

I've now learned to restart my game every single time, but that becomes anoying in the long run aswell.

Kind Regards,

Viku
I played on PC with a controller hooked up to it. I only have had one time during the first 2 missions of the campaign where this happened with troops not wanting to go into the garrisons. Otherwise, I have had no issues so far.
Vikulol wrote:
So I'm having this bug.

Kind Regards,

Viku
The fix is to click on the mini-map. It was a bug in the beta as well and you'll often see enemies or team mates who appear AFK in their spawn, but I'm fairly sure they have the freeze bug and don't know how to get out of it.

Not sure why it wasn't fixed to be honest...
This doesn't exactly go with the mouse thing not working but anyone know how to stop a units movement without. like S for stop except that actually moves your screen to the left.
Make sure you haven't alt+tabbed or click on any other application/window. I had the same issue but fixed it by always making sure I clicked the halo wars 2 icon on my task bar.