Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Can the devs please just disable decimus?

OP chaosguy67

Since its gonna take a year to fix decimus... can he please just he turned off for ranked?...

Would anyone thats good even care?...

I play as decimus and i even want him taken out...
I am the lead game designer at 343 and just because you said that I'm making him stronger next patch.
Hopefully the next balance patch he gets nerfed hard because he is a nuisance, yeah
Decimus isn’t even that good lol like what? He just has the lowest skill gap. And people don’t know how to deal with him. He’s not that hard to beat lol

yet the op the guy who made this thread is a deci main and is complaining about deci lol this is a joke you want to disable your most used leader lol.
Swerve LC wrote:
Decimus isn’t even that good lol like what? He just has the lowest skill gap. And people don’t know how to deal with him. He’s not that hard to beat lol

yet the op the guy who made this thread is a deci main and is complaining about deci lol this is a joke you want to disable your most used leader lol.
No need to be so salty.
I think it's the general consensus that Decimus, Forge and Anders are just broken at the moment.
And it's undeniable that the very approachable siphon banshee spam is quite strong in teams.
I used the Didact data a while ago to check the most popular army compositions that survive team games and - what a surprise - banshees were at #1 even with higher MMRs.

So all your lol's are unnecessary, Decimus is very strong at the moment.
Even more so in lower tier team games.

Also the reason why there are 2 high-voted patch proposals directly targeting Decimus:
https://feedback.didact.io/
x6767 wrote:
Swerve LC wrote:

No need to be so salty.
I think it's the general consensus that Decimus, Forge and Anders are just broken at the moment.
And it's undeniable that the very approachable siphon banshee spam is quite strong in teams.
I used the Didact data a while ago to check the most popular army compositions that survive team games and - what a surprise - banshees were at #1 even with higher MMRs.

Also the reason why there are 2 high-voted patch proposals directly targeting Decimus:
How am I being salty? Lol 😂 forge and anders are busted decimus the only thing strong about deci is his Deci drop which comes with an eradication free of charge and an unkillable hero on top of boundless shipon everything else is balanced about deci,

shipon banshee op lol 😂 why do you let him get them in mass? Banshees are the worst unit in the game and I’m hardly trolling revers overperform plus tele wolves are fairly good at their job along with ct marines. lol banshees are like protector sentinals they are paper plates lol.
Swerve LC wrote:
x6767 wrote:
Swerve LC wrote:

No need to be so salty.

How am I being salty? Lol 😂 forge and anders are busted decimus the only thing strong about deci is his Deci drop which comes with an eradication free of charge and an unkillable hero on top of boundless shipon everything else is balanced about deci,

shipon banshee op lol 😂 why do you let him get them in mass? Banshees are the worst unit in the game and I’m hardly trolling revers overperform plus tele wolves are fairly good at their job along with ct marines. lol banshees are like protector sentinals they are paper plates lol.
There's no need to add "lol" to every sentence just to let the OP know that you spent a few hundred hours more on this game.
It does not really contribute to a healthy atmosphere but instead discourages less elitist people to post anything here.

Just read my answer again.
I said that the numbers show banshee blobs winning more team games throughout the full MMR range than any other army composition.
By saying "Air OP" in this forum you basically spawn at least 3 champion level players that are ready to call you a noob.
This is funny because the majority of players here has played significantly fewer games compared to your 4k.
Yet you expect that they already have the same game sense as you, scout properly throughout the match and push a deci player as soon as you see the apexes popping up.

The reality is, that a huge portion of the Halo Wars 2 community has a MMR < 2, does not scout and definitely does not push in early T2 to prevent this mess.
For all those people, massed banshee/wm-hornet blobs are a serious threat which renders Decimus a super-effective leader - even more so in teams.

Is Air OP? Well, I would say yes.
I don't have many problems playing against banshees but the sheer amount of games that are won by banshee blobs tell me that full air is far too effective if you do not solely focus on top players.
Decimus isn’t that bad. I played him like once but face Decimis players literally every game. He is good but not OP. People throw that phrase way too lightly. His banchees are so easy to counter you just have to scout. If you don’t scout him at all and suddenly see a full army of them then you deserve to lose. His 12 o clock leader power is a pain but it’s the most powerful leader power he has and costs a lot so it should be powerful. As far as killing the leader at t1 I just use mines and some choppers.
The problem with Decimus passives is how they increase the time to kill for his units. Sometimes they seem unkillable especially when siphon gets bugged.

Time to kill for wolverine vs banshee is super screwed up. It is considerably higher than HW1, it's a 4.5 second difference. So when you add two passives that increase this it looks like your units do nothing. Add the way everyone thinks to fix this is to add small AOE rings that only do slightly more DPS than the banshee heals.
That's it I am making him stronger Im making his banshees drop jpb once he gets boundless syphon, also one vortex lightning will take out a base. Please he has my wife and kids, I need to make him happy.
Swerve LC wrote:

You’re right the only OP is anders
Swerve LC wrote:

You’re right the only OP is anders
Everything about Anders is perfection. She is very lovely and should be treated like a queen