Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Cant there just be a flood commander?

OP Virusyollo

Please you have made so much flood units use them and be so kind to make base slots full with things cause with only open plots is boring make it like hw 1 with more places to hide for units + special things on the map like a random watch tower or turret where infantary can get in
I don’t think that there are enough flood varieties for a full commander. Especially vehicles, and what would the special unit be? Or the leader powers?
on halo wars 1 the multiplayer map for 1 vs 1 the Release map was a way to release the flood enemy's to the other players base by controle place to release it.
if that was more the same in halo wars 2 then you have some way by playing against flood in a multiplayer map.
thats think better for the belace for the game since adding a new flood leader means also you need to find a new belance against the other leaders.
and what most the leader power from a flood leader then be and the unint's.
Yea, it would be epic to play as like a gravemind or something. But also having one for forerunners would also be cool.
I don’t think that there are enough flood varieties for a full commander. Especially vehicles, and what would the special unit be? Or the leader powers?
There's a full mod that completely adds a flood comander, that's not the issue
I didn’t know that, thanks for telling me!
I didn’t know that, thanks for telling me!
I can't remember the mod's name, I think it was Maethrillian, but it might be Overhaul, if you do get it, be sure to only play private games with it, online play will lead to trouble
Yeah it would be cool. But I wonder how are they going to balance it all. The Flood are parassitic, so they can as well turn enemy units into allies, not sure if that will sit well for other commanders. Then I am particularly curious about vehicles. I mean, I am not sure how the Flood is supposed to have vehicles without taking them from an enemy faction first.
Within the current game's framework the best they could probably do is introduce an "Infected" leader for both factions with new leader powers and the ability to build the respective infected units instead of the normal ones but largely the same stats and abilities with a few exceptions. Adding a whole new faction would be a lot of work and considering the first real expansion of HW2 was all about them already I'd sooner expect them to work on adding Prometheans as a faction.