Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Changes I'd Love For Terminus Firefight

OP Affest

I'm totally addicted to Terminus FF and I keep thinking of all these things that would just be freaking awesome if added in updates.

- game mode specific leader power tweaks for leaders that have certain useless ones (like combat spoils)

- let the banished create barricades similar to UNSC barricades, and one of the upgrades should be grav lift sniper garrisons! they would be fairly weak, & would allow 2 units per platform

- maybe random events? idk just a very vague thought. would be kinda cool if certain paths opened up occasionally in the out-of-bounds area and you heard "an enemy encampment has been spotted in the north/east/southwest! take it out for bonuses"
idk

- make funneling more consistent. its game-ending when the crystal zone is where everyone's armies are and 8 stat-crazy vultures randomly decide to nuke the far-east side where you've blocked everything up. its just really frustrating and doesn't feel fair really.

- allow shrouds to shoot down phoenix missiles or remove the "missile abilities" upgrade on enemies..? maybe im just overreacting about this but phoenix missiles are game-enders..? they one-shot everything after about wave 70 and when there's about 20 vultures coming in its.. not fun to deal with at all. because theres no actual way to "counter" the missiles

- shield generator option for barricade turret slots! give the banished a shield generator that they can build on turret slots which will protect the barricade they are next to. might be op but it sounds super freaking cool. or a point-defense system similar to the shroud that can block phoenix missiles.

- more traps would be rad. an armor reducer? stasis mines? those things from halo 5 forge that launch you when you step on them (they would launch enemies backwards occasionally)

- let us hijack flood vehicles guyyyyyye

- new map?

- allow players to heal the terminus and/or spires

- please get rid of direct air at wave 0.0003 when we have 1 grunt squad 2 turrets and literally one marine. /s (but pls)

- increase the vet cap! it would be so awesome if the vet cap was 5/6 like in blitz. it would feel more like a progression rather than vet 3's being the best there is. or maybe even just increase the cap for heroes only?

- increase the garrison unit limit on barricades.. infantry feel real useless after about 40/50ish

- reduce the amount of units spawned for Direct Air waves or get rid of AA's focus fire. 14 reavers don't all need to fire at the same hornet.

- add an upgrade for lotus mine traps that increases the amount of mines laid. this trap is useless late game. its suppose to be a dps trap but it feels like it doesn't do enough to take out 1 tank.

- idk y'all add your own. they don't have to be practical or realistically feasible.
Please add, AI sui rounds, they get stuck on walls while in sui attack animation, then they start stacking, then 10 waves later a scorpion decides to shoot said barricade, now horde of suis appears and destroys everything.

units decide that once they arrive at a bonus drop to shoot it once and then all line up and look at the drop instead of continuing( less of an issue later on)

theres a lot with tff thats wrong for me, but as I understand it, TFF changes are planned for future update
Wrensi, told me he was planning some stuff, he couldn't discuss what the changes were or when they'd happen.
But it's a start.
Affest wrote:
- please get rid of direct air at wave 0.0003 when we have 1 grunt squad 2 turrets and literally one marine. /s (but pls)
Direct Air at Wave 4 is super easy dude
There's like 4 Banshees/Hornets and you should have made some extra Grunts/Marines by then.
Actually the Terminus does heal itself during the Bonus Heal Wave; but spires do not.
nuchey wrote:
Actually the Terminus does heal itself during the Bonus Heal Wave; but spires do not.
They heal too, I've seen it with my own eyes 👀
Wrensi, told me he was planning some stuff, he couldn't discuss what the changes were or when they'd happen.
But it's a start.
So.. Updates are coming for TFF? Ive been worrying lately it might just die like Warzone Firefight did..
Would also suggest being able to pick what faction you face in firefight in customs. Currently you have the mix of all faction, what if you only want to fight the flood for the game' duration?
nuchey wrote:
They heal too, I've seen it with my own eyes 👀
I don't believe you! Lol
Affest wrote:
[player][/player]
So.. Updates are coming for TFF? Ive been worrying lately it might just die like Warzone Firefight did..
Well, he said they hadn't forgotten about Terminus Firefight.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
I don't believe you! Lol
Lol
Affest wrote:
Well, he said they hadn't forgotten about Terminus Firefight.
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
I don't believe you! Lol
Lol
sorry i think ijust learned that this is like the old skool bbcode when i used to game pc, Wrensisweet now i know how to link stuff lol
Terminus gets a shield. Shield remains up as long as all three spires still stand.
This is mainly to prevent random rockets/missiles or shells flying off downrange and hitting the Terminus, subsequently ruining Pristine attempts.
SC Matt 7 wrote:
Terminus gets a shield. Shield remains up as long as all three spires still stand.
This is mainly to prevent random rockets/missiles or shells flying off downrange and hitting the Terminus, subsequently ruining Pristine attempts.
yessss this a very annoying thing, our AA for example all target 1 hornet, when the hornet dies, every rocket that was on it's way, instead flies around looking like haywire, yet AI projectiles somehow find there way to the terminus with insane accuracy from insane range just because it missed, either our rockets find new targets with there existing radical missile redirection systems, or AI projectiles splash down once the shot has gone passed it's natural range. or implement both, please 👍👍
I think the mode is pretty solid actually, except for a few minor tweaks I just want new maps. The current map we have has been played a million times over, and every secret about it has been uncovered. We know all the strategies for the map, something new would be nice IMO

Quote:
Would also suggest being able to pick what faction you face in firefight in customs. Currently you have the mix of all faction, what if you only want to fight the flood for the game' duration?
I like the idea but then games would be a push-over. Flood and sentinel are ez to face off against, you could reach wave 200(Being sarcastic) and you would still have no trouble with the flood

Affest wrote:
nuchey wrote:
nuchey wrote:
Lol
Lol
Lol
Quote:
I like the idea but then games would be a push-over. Flood and sentinel are ez to face off against, you could reach wave 200(Being sarcastic) and you would still have no trouble with the flood
It'd be part of customs, which wouldn't be posted to the leaderboard. So I don't see why it'd be a bad thing to implement.
I think the mode is pretty solid actually, except for a few minor tweaks I just want new maps. The current map we have has been played a million times over, and every secret about it has been uncovered. We know all the strategies for the map, something new would be nice IMO

Quote:
That's why it would only be in customs, purely just for fun.