Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Changes needed for next patch

OP WookieCookies1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
To start off, this isn't official at all, just wanting to pool in ideas for what people think need changing in the next patch.
These can be leader powers, buffs, nerfs etc.

Personally I feel the Cyclops and the Scarab need some sort of buff.
The cyclops is still no where near as effective as the Hunter imo and for the Scarab there are a few small changes that would make it a usable unit. One is remove that charging animation it has or speed it by x2 or x2.5 as well as the time it takes to begin firing - it is way too slow and the majority of the time it will just about shoot then switch targets, making it need to charge up again. OR it will kill a single unit, then do the animation again. A buff to it's damage against infantry and tanks would do wonders for it takes still way too long to kill some units.

Got other ideas? post them below
Not sure if this falls into the theme of things you were looking for, but I personally would like to see a way to track which main and bonus objectives have been completed at least once in campaign. I don’t play this game online much, so a minor feature update for single player would go a long way.
I am unsure of the cyclops needing an upgrade. I did play a game last night where those buggers decimated my group of vehicles. They look to play their part well thus far.
I understand if you wanted the Condor buffed but Scarrys are good where their at. With proper LPs, they can even feel immortal such as yap, deci, and the tank god colony. Even Ship can often times turtle a scarry and gateway to your base when you push.

Another issue i find is your buff to Cyclopes. It's not that they dont deal enough damage, it's the fact they are not tanky like Hunters. Asking for a damage buff to infantry and increased animation/attack speed would ruin the meta. Several months ago, AV served as an excellent shock units because they dealt with infantry and vehicles too well while AA killed everything they could not.
is there any news when the next patch is?
I understand if you wanted the Condor buffed but Scarrys are good where their at. With proper LPs, they can even feel immortal such as yap, deci, and the tank god colony. Even Ship can often times turtle a scarry and gateway to your base when you push.

Another issue i find is your buff to Cyclopes. It's not that they dont deal enough damage, it's the fact they are not tanky like Hunters. Asking for a damage buff to infantry and increased animation/attack speed would ruin the meta. Several months ago, AV served as an excellent shock units because they dealt with infantry and vehicles too well while AA killed everything they could not.
It's the complete opposite with the Condor and Scarry situation, I'm sorry. I've been playing many many games recently and found the Condor to be far superior compared to the Scarry. In a 1v1 situation, yes the Scarry wins with proper usage, but against armies the condor reigns supreme.
The condor is not meant to be on the front lines and take the brunt of the damage, it is meant to be used to snipe - hence the insane range and sightlines. with the right micro it is unstoppable unless it is swarmed by air (tbh, what doesn't die to an air swarm in this game lmao). It's Mini mac is a great entrance to a fight when hitting bundled units. If you're Cutter and have Battle Hardened lvl2, you can Y-ability and army and it will instantly go to Vet 1.

"With proper Lps, they can feel immortal". You shouldn't need LP's for a unit to be good. I outlined the main issues that hold it back from being a good, or what it should be, formidable unit. That being the time to fire, it's dps and such (maybe even a health buff, they die so quick. Especially to Manti and tanks, which it should be good against)

The Cyclops buff would just be health/damage resistance, I agree.
The infinite anders sentinels need to be patched, just lost a 1h+ games because of it and I am losing all interest in this game.

It's the complete opposite with the Condor and Scarry situation, I'm sorry. I've been playing many many games recently and found the Condor to be far superior compared to the Scarry. In a 1v1 situation, yes the Scarry wins with proper usage, but against armies the condor reigns supreme.
The condor is not meant to be on the front lines and take the brunt of the damage, it is meant to be used to snipe - hence the insane range and sightlines. with the right micro it is unstoppable unless it is swarmed by air (tbh, what doesn't die to an air swarm in this game lmao). It's Mini mac is a great entrance to a fight when hitting bundled units. If you're Cutter and have Battle Hardened lvl2, you can Y-ability and army and it will instantly go to Vet 1.

"With proper Lps, they can feel immortal". You shouldn't need LP's for a unit to be good. I outlined the main issues that hold it back from being a good, or what it should be, formidable unit. That being the time to fire, it's dps and such (maybe even a health buff, they die so quick. Especially to Manti and tanks, which it should be good against)

The Cyclops buff would just be health/damage resistance, I agree.
I don't think you understand the power of AA where it is at. AA is really good and their is as many units in the game that soft counter air really well like Marines and Grunts. Scarab needs to have air or AV to fight them and their not as effective as core infantry and AA. Scarabs are much better than the condor when compared to the counter triangle because it has air, AA, and core infantry to counter it. This means the condor has a bigger counter triangle against it making it easier of the two to counter to quickly and cheaply counter. you could build T3 counter a tank but that is not a cheap army whatsoever. And with all these amazing advantages of Scarry over Condor, i have yet to consider the advantages with LPs many banished have.
I think that the scarab and cyclops are good where they are. Perphaps improving the Cyclops life a little bit .The only real change I would make would be to mutha@+×%ing Jeromme .He's nearly invincible at early stages of the game .I know that with good micro and the rigth troops you can stop him but its not only that. He has the largest range of all heroes with out upgrades he's almost an sniper. His AO is absurdly big and the buff to adjacent units makes him even more difficult to kill just there he's alredy way stronger than every other hero and if it just were that i wouldn't complain because again, he can go down if you are good at micro .The real problem is when the mantis comes down that besides having a stunt impact on the enemy troops it comes with a shield and its own life .Jerome gets in with HIS OWN shield and HIS OWN life so when the mantis gets destroyed he still can run around with his full shield and full life amd worst of all he's fastest than amy other infantry unit in the game WTF for real .In the hands of some one mediocre he's still hard to kill but in the hamds of someone actually good its impossible to kill .I don't want it to be nerfed into oblivion because I know that many of the crybabies that exploit him wont stop complaining but perphaps making him a bit slower with a shorter range and when the mantis is destroyed at least he gets out of it without shields (like happens in the real halo games when your vehicle is destroyed and somehow you survived you get out whithout shields)
I don't think you understand the power of AA where it is at. AA is really good and their is as many units in the game that soft counter air really well like Marines and Grunts. Scarab needs to have air or AV to fight them and their not as effective as core infantry and AA. Scarabs are much better than the condor when compared to the counter triangle because it has air, AA, and core infantry to counter it. This means the condor has a bigger counter triangle against it making it easier of the two to counter to quickly and cheaply counter. you could build T3 counter a tank but that is not a cheap army whatsoever. And with all these amazing advantages of Scarry over Condor, i have yet to consider the advantages with LPs many banished have.
That may be the case, but the difference is with the fact that if the enemy makes mass AA, yes they may kill the Condor if they can hit it (having a tank army to back up be condor lets you negate and AA, infantry or Reav/Wolv) but what then once they kill it?
They're stuck with an AA army that can damage nothing.
vsing the Scarra, the enemy will build tanks, air or hunters that can still be formidable after the Scarra is dead.

Honestly, try out the Condor and use it to snipe and to clean up a weakened army. It is extremely powerful (plus it doesn't have a terrible ai like the Scarra and so it'll actually attack the second something comes into it's LOS)
That may be the case, but the difference is with the fact that if the enemy makes mass AA, yes they may kill the Condor if they can hit it (having a tank army to back up be condor lets you negate and AA, infantry or Reav/Wolv) but what then once they kill it?
They're stuck with an AA army that can damage nothing.
vsing the Scarra, the enemy will build tanks, air or hunters that can still be formidable after the Scarra is dead.

Honestly, try out the Condor and use it to snipe and to clean up a weakened army. It is extremely powerful (plus it doesn't have a terrible ai like the Scarra and so it'll actually attack the second something comes into it's LOS)
If you build too much AA where you cant mix other units, of course you will lose. Another thing, if someone is building Condor with Tanks, go mass air. Condor will get rekt in seconds and tank dont do anything to air while being about just as exspensive as the Air.
Shawn96 wrote:
The infinite anders sentinels need to be patched, just lost a 1h+ games because of it and I am losing all interest in this game.
What do you mean? Was there no cap to how many sentinels could be in the game at one time?
Shawn96 wrote:
What do you mean? Was there no cap to how many sentinels could be in the game at one time?
Do you think they meant the extra ones that come from artillery shots?
Shawn96 wrote:
I thought maybe but I really wasn't entirely sure
I would like to see the map called Fissures added to the map playlist for ranked 3v3.
I also think that the unsc mine drops should drop more than 3 mines.
I would like to see the map called Fissures added to the map playlist for ranked 3v3.
I also think that the unsc mine drops should drop more than 3 mines.
Their fine. I would almost say nerf them because of spartans but i dont want them to become useless.
A buff to isabel and arbiter would be nice , for izzy maybe move heavy metal further in the wheel and give her something offensive early.for arbiter just tune up conduit and plasma bolt
To add my two cents, i see two things are definitely needed. One, johnsons mantis’ either need to do less damage to air units or need to take more damage from anti vehicle units. No reason a leader should be able to spam one unit every time and have it be such a problem. Two, anti air units, IE wolverines and reavers, need splash damage when hitting air units. That would solve a lot of the air spam issue. I think they do a fair amount of damage to air but its ridiculous when they make banshees (especially deci) and not only do they outrun your reavers easily but it forces you to make almost all reavers which ONLY take out air unlike the banshee or hornet that destroys both
Shawn96 wrote:
I thought maybe but I really wasn't entirely sure
Yes that's what I meant in some cases they just refresh infinitely, at every seconds.
Cyclops needs some love, they are an awful units, yesterday six t3 cyclops vs 4 reavers and 2 wraiths... well the 6 cyclops died without even killing a single unit, no leader powers were used.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2