Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Colony - Lets try to talk about this

OP Coconut25

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Colony might be beatable in 1v1, but in team games, the exploit effects the entire team. It's not just Colony who is benefiting from the exploit. Colony without the exploit is not a good leader, but with the exploit, he is most certainly OP. A triple Colony can get Devastating Host by around 3:30, or at least that's what I've heard.

Disregarding that, even in 1v1 there aren't many who can beat him. Arbiter can with suis to defend the initial push and then countering with enforcers. Serina might be able to with a Cyro Trooper/Marine rush. It's obviously broken, and CA/343's prior incompetence does nothing to excuse it.
So Dev host at 4:00 isn't broken? Oh we are being sarcastic I got you haha good one.
lJGl Fox wrote:
Colony might be beatable in 1v1, but in team games, the exploit effects the entire team. It's not just Colony who is benefiting from the exploit. Colony without the exploit is not a good leader, but with the exploit, he is most certainly OP. A triple Colony can get Devastating Host by around 3:30, or at least that's what I've heard.

Disregarding that, even in 1v1 there aren't many who can beat him. Arbiter can with suis to defend the initial push and then countering with enforcers. Serina might be able to with a Cyro Trooper/Marine rush. It's obviously broken, and CA/343's prior incompetence does nothing to excuse it.
So Dev host at 4:00 isn't broken? Oh we are being sarcastic I got you haha good one.
"It's obviously broken"

Did you just quote the wrong person? lol
So, since you think it is not broken, I assume you use it frequently (looking at your game log, it looks like you are hiding something)? Is this thread to help justify its use in your mind? Dev Host at 4 minutes is cheating. I frequently repel the goliath drop with snipers, but when you get veteran vehicles at your base at 4-5 minutes, it is difficult to fight, especially if the player keeps dropping units and consolidating veteran level forces. Even if you prolong the game, you end up fighting a guy who has half an army comprised of veteran 2 troops. Good luck. Oh, and in 3's you get triple hunters brand and then 3 sets of Dev Host at your base simultaneously.
All I'm thinking is whether I will be able to ever play this game again without some bs unbalanced meta or broken leader. Holy -Yoink-.
I have a hunch you don't know what the actual exploit is.

If you're thinking it's Goliaths, that's not the problem ANYONE is talking about.
Even if you fight off goliath drop and host in 1s. Guess what a min later he has combat repair lets say your still in their holding on with your one base and magically able to push I'm sure he will have 3LP hunters brand waiting for you. It's broken and I refuse to play this game till it's fixed do not defend this exploit.

If you're thinking it's Goliaths, that's not the problem ANYONE is talking about.
I don't know, dude, big gorillas made of worms are pretty scary and should be addressed.

I don't know, dude, big gorillas made of worms are pretty scary and should be addressed.
Hedgehogs eat worms.
This game needs some of them!
lJGl Fox wrote:

"It's obviously broken"

Did you just quote the wrong person? lol
Nah I like pick'n on you

Dude we are talking about Goliaths they are super OP right now!
lJGl Fox wrote:

not necessarily but a longer build time or cost is needed. Some people build only barracks early game and rush goliaths with Skitters which is dumb.
lJGl Fox wrote:

not necessarily but a longer build time or cost is needed. Some people build only barracks early game and rush goliaths with Skitters which is dumb.
I like them as is. They are not hard to kill out in the open so just watch out for them. Skitters need a slight buff I don't find them useful so maybe reduce cost.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2