Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] Colony exploit and Voridus infusion

OP WarGreymon HD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am just wondering why hasnt this op Colony exploit and Voridus infusion hasnt been fixed?

I choose to play mostly custom games bc of this.

My vehicles and Forge hog get completely stuck in the infusion goo when someone uses it against me.

Has any1 else had any bad experiences when going against any of these 2 leaders?
Voridus sucks until late. Obviously colony is broken they are trying to fix it as quickly as possible. And tbh fast tech warthogs/marauders are the real problem.
I am just wondering why hasnt this op Colony exploit and Voridus infusion hasnt been fixed?

My vehicles and Forge hog get completely stuck in the infusion goo when someone uses it against me.

Has any1 else had any bad experiences when going against any of these 2 leaders?
I am not sure if this is the intention, but when I have vehicles in the goo, they literally stop moving and will die... I select them individually and they wont move out of the goo. It has happened a couple times and I am not sure if that is the intention or not, or if it has something to do with them in battle and not retreating... Has anyone else had this issue?
Please fix colony more than anything it really is broken. I get rushed with Goliaths in 2 minutes. How should that be possible
The Colony exploit/glitch/whatever is BS and I'm confused as to why it's taken so long to be fixed?

Will the players abusing this be banned or have their rank reduced?

I joined 2 2v2 matches this morning against the same 2 individuals cheating.

The first match they destroyed my teammate's base before 5mns with Goliaths.

The second match they air dropped veteran Goliaths at my base just before 3mns.
Change is gonna come your way
I had a solo where they had 2 goliaths turn up at my base in just under 2 mins. That i could've dealt with (i was more or less expecting them) it was the colony drop of veteran goliaths that really hurt. I think thats a 3rd lp ? Mind you they were exploiting, evidence was all over the map.
DA Cleric wrote:

I am not sure if this is the intention, but when I have vehicles in the goo, they literally stop moving and will die... I select them individually and they wont move out of the goo. It has happened a couple times and I am not sure if that is the intention or not, or if it has something to do with them in battle and not retreating... Has anyone else had this issue?
Thats what im saying. I dont think its intentional. Its too op early game
Voridus sucks until late. Obviously colony is broken they are trying to fix it as quickly as possible. And tbh fast tech warthogs/marauders are the real problem.
Voridus by himself isn't great early game however if you know how to support him early game with the correct leader he is devasting early game and late game.

The infusion is Voridus way of stopping early warthogs/maunders rushes. I don't think that needs to change. If you take away that ability then it makes it 10times harder for Voridus to stop something like that. I think people just need to be more aware of what leaders they are playing and play accordingly. If your going against a Voridus an early warthogs rush probably isn't a good idea. Voridus isn't an op leader. He requires a lot of micro and macro to play effectivly. I don't think they should change anything about him.
I honestly don't think Voridus is that bad until you get infusion 2. That with ignite and blisterbacks/Wraiths with 2 LP placed into infusion tech.
I've been off Wars 2 for awhile, what is this colony exploit?
My favorite part of the colony exploit has got to be the players who defend it as "fair". They're a very special breed indeed.

"It's literally just faster leader points you know what else gets you leader points building minibases and stuff it isn't cheating" -some player I faced a few days ago.
Voridus by himself isn't great early game however if you know how to support him early game with the correct leader he is devasting early game and late game.
Thats absolutely wrong. Played perfectly with the intent to abuse he shuts down all ground game and tech 2 ground even as tech 1.
The Colony issue has been fixed in internal builds and is in testing. I'm also under the impression that a few tweaks to Voridus are also on tap for the next release.

Ideally these changes would've already been released but we've run into a few setbacks internally. First, the Thanksgiving break didn't help in terms of the timeline. Second, 343 and CA are in the process of transitioning several processes and programs and there have been a few bumps along the way. This has delayed the release of the next balance update and unfortunately the Colony issue itself requires an actual patch to fix - it can't be addressed via our usual backend balance adjustments.

I was just chatting with the team this AM and they let me know that they're still in the process of testing the build and readying for cert submission so until that's complete there isn't a firm ETA yet for public availability. The team's goal is certainly ASAP and I'm really hoping it's within a week (as long as we get into cert soon). I don't want to make any promises and get anyone setup for disappointment but I know this is a hot topic and it's something the team had hoped to address a while ago. As soon as I get any new details and get final patch notes I'll get them posted.
ske7ch wrote:
The Colony issue has been fixed in internal builds and is in testing. I'm also under the impression that a few tweaks to Voridus are also on tap for the next release.

Ideally these changes would've already been released but we've run into a few setbacks internally. First, the Thanksgiving break didn't help in terms of the timeline. Second, 343 and CA are in the process of transitioning several processes and programs and there have been a few bumps along the way. This has delayed the release of the next balance update and unfortunately the Colony issue itself requires an actual patch to fix - it can't be addressed via our usual backend balance adjustments.

I was just chatting with the team this AM and they let me know that they're still in the process of testing the build and readying for cert submission so until that's complete there isn't a firm ETA yet for public availability. The team's goal is certainly ASAP and I'm really hoping it's within a week (as long as we get into cert soon). I don't want to make any promises and get anyone setup for disappointment but I know this is a hot topic and it's something the team had hoped to address a while ago. As soon as I get any new details and get final patch notes I'll get them posted.
Awesome news! Thank you for informing us of this.

I know you said you'll update us on the final patch notes, but is there anyway we could get a patch preview? A preview would allow the community to give some feedback on any changes/alterations made. When the last patch preview was released, some players here on the forums put in a lot of work to prove that certain changes were not necessary (AA buffs).

I, and I'm sure others, would appreciate the opportunity to have an idea of what to expect, and to provide feedback (with support).

Thank you again!
ske7ch wrote:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop ske7ch, tell the team we appreciate their work.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2