Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] Colony exploit and Voridus infusion

OP WarGreymon HD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ruzylo wrote:
Voridus sucks until late. Obviously colony is broken they are trying to fix it as quickly as possible. And tbh fast tech warthogs/marauders are the real problem.
Voridus by himself isn't great early game however if you know how to support him early game with the correct leader he is devasting early game and late game.
Thats absolutely wrong. Played perfectly with the intent to abuse he shuts down all ground game and tech 2 ground even as tech 1.
Exactly
Voridus sucks until late. Obviously colony is broken they are trying to fix it as quickly as possible. And tbh fast tech warthogs/marauders are the real problem.
The real problem is that AV can't actually beat neither of them which is pathetic.
DA Cleric wrote:
I am just wondering why hasnt this op Colony exploit and Voridus infusion hasnt been fixed?

I choose to play mostly custom games bc of this.

My vehicles and Forge hog get completely stuck in the infusion goo when someone uses it against me.

Has any1 else had any bad experiences when going against any of these 2 leaders?
I am not sure if this is the intention, but when I have vehicles in the goo, they literally stop moving and will die... I select them individually and they wont move out of the goo. It has happened a couple times and I am not sure if that is the intention or not, or if it has something to do with them in battle and not retreating... Has anyone else had this issue?
Yes I thought it was weird too, some kind of added glitch. Vehicles get completely stuck and stop when you are trying to drive out of the goo.
FYI leader point rushing works well with any leader, just better with colony because free power & quick cool down. Also has most unit drop powers.
FYI leader point rushing works well with any leader, just better with colony because free power & quick cool down. Also has most unit drop powers.
Spam watchtowers
I agree but let's be real, they aren't fixing it as fast as possible
Hey folks - We know that the Colony issue has been impacting many of you and frankly just isn't fun to go up against in online play. The team has been working on a proper fix to this but unfortunately it's going to require a full game patch to address this particular issue. That patch is still being worked on but has run into a few development delays that have pushed out the public release.We don't have an ETA on the patch yet - we've had a few minor setbacks and it's still in the testing process and then will need to go through Microsoft certification. The team's goal is still ASAP for that release but since this could still take some time to sort out, the team has come up with a temporary stopgap solution to mitigate the Colony exploit.Later today, a server-side change will be implemented to drastically increase the cost of Living Barrier to make it far less exploitable in the early game. To reiterate, this is just a temporary change to address this issue while we're waiting on the patch with a proper fix (at which point this change in cost will be reverted back to its original value).Today's change will increase Living Barrier's cost as follows:
  • Supplies: 0 -> 1000
  • Power: 0 -> 1000
As soon as we have an update on the patch timing I'll be sure to let you know. Additionally, there will be a few minor balance adjustments to other Leaders/units rolling out at the same time as that patch.
This is great, I like colony and I do use barrier for gameplay but will gladly sacrifice it to avoid being bumrushed by a one or two enemy units backed up by drops. Looking forward to the final patch.
Thought the server side fix was done already I was wrong it just happened :/
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2