Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Colony Release Update (UPDATE 4/24)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
UPDATE - April 24th
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/38bd6e2ebbb14e5b9b359bb029588800/topics/colony-release-update-update-4-24/ac25b79a-74cb-401b-aa15-63fca12f32d6/posts?page=20#post389

UPDATE - April 21st
Hey everyone - I wanted to provide a real-time update on the status of the Halo Wars 2 Colony DLC as I've received some new info here from the team.

Our #1 priority is to deliver a great experience for all Halo Wars 2 players at a high quality bar and as the Colony DLC test and certification work continues it's become apparent that the public release is going to shift beyond our most recently communicated target date of Monday, April 24. We'll keep you all updated as work progresses and new information becomes available.
Quote:
Hi folks - I wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding the upcoming release of the Colony leader DLC for Halo Wars 2. Since the game's launch, the team's plan has always been to roll out new DLC leaders around the "3rd Wednesday of the month." Unfortunately that didn't quite work out for Kinsano last month and now on the eve of the 3rd Wednesday of April it's become apparent that Colony won't be releasing tomorrow.

It's always a risky proposition to publicly lock into a release date for something like DLC - especially as it coincides with large game patches and parallel balance updates taking place behind the scenes. Test passes for both Xbox One and PC, along with submission to certification, are variable in that the more issues are found, the more time they take. In the case of Colony, the team found what was considered to be a game-breaking bug in what would've been the final test pass that left no choice but to delay release to ensure it gets fixed. As a result, Colony and the next patch are now targeted for release the morning of Monday, April 24th.

The team is of course eager to get this great new content into the hands of players ASAP. I myself am eager to install and play it in the live game as well! However, as regrettable and painful as it is, in this case it's definitely the right decision to hold off and make sure that this bug is properly fixed (and then that no new bugs are introduced as a result of that fix!).

We thank you for your patience and look forward to unleashing the Lekgolo worms of Colony next Monday! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the patch notes and the upcoming balance changes, both pinned atop this forum.
aaaaaaaaw man i was looking forward to Colony, On the plus side you are really building up hype for this character! Im excited to see the next leader! (plz let it be another banished so the sides are even)
Well at least they are being honest with us. Thank you for not rushing the release and taking time to fine tune the new leader. Looking forward to use it.
I really appreciate the honesty and communication, thank you!

Besides, if you found a game breaking bug I'd rather have the patch released later and have that fixed.
Well this sucks. I was so looking forward to this new patch. However, I do agree with the delay and understand that it needs to be done. And on the plus side I might actually get some sleep tonight. I knew I would lose some due to the anticipation. Oh well.
thank you for the honest update ske7ch. Looking forward to leader changes and to see if I can still win with atriox
not to disappointed about the leader being held a bit longer better to have a balanced new leader than a broken unfair one (kisano) but i am disappointed the patch is also getting held too 😢 ready for both to come so i can climb back up the ranks. love the game keep up the good work
Welp, at least we can't say all DLC is cut content, because that would be ready by the deadline.
Can you at least sate out curiosity on what this game breaking bug is? This is the only way we will know.
What will be will be.
I'd rather wait for the update and dlc and it work than to get it tomorrow and it crash the game all of the time. Thanks for informing us at least we now know instead of being left in the dark. Still no doubt the keyboard warrior's will come out in force to moan about it.
Sketch, I think must be hard to create a new content and put it out. Please! I feel the best it is too keep things honest like you are doing. Even I am telling you something else, make sure there is no bugs before releasing anything! It is the best for everybody...
Any news when you will fix the Jack Rabbit rush situation? Because it is absolutely -Yoinking!- ridiculous.
Any news when you will fix the Jack Rabbit rush situation? Because it is absolutely -Yoinking!- ridiculous.
I honestly don't see a problem with jack rabbits, they are very easy to counter with pretty much any hero. They are already the worst of the scout vehicles and will be near useless next patch against good players. You should be asking people for tips on how to beat them instead of begging for a nerf.
ske7ch wrote:
Hi folks - I wanted to give everyone a heads up regarding the upcoming release of the Colony leader DLC for Halo Wars 2. Since the game's launch, the team's plan has always been to roll out new DLC leaders around the "3rd Wednesday of the month." Unfortunately that didn't quite work out for Kinsano last month and now on the eve of the 3rd Wednesday of April it's become apparent that Colony won't be releasing tomorrow.

It's always a risky proposition to publicly lock into a release date for something like DLC - especially as it coincides with large game patches and parallel balance updates taking place behind the scenes. Test passes for both Xbox One and PC, along with submission to certification, are variable in that the more issues are found, the more time they take. In the case of Colony, the team found what was considered to be a game-breaking bug in what would've been the final test pass that left no choice but to delay release to ensure it gets fixed. As a result, Colony and the next patch are now targeted for release the morning of Monday, April 24th.

The team is of course eager to get this great new content into the hands of players ASAP. I myself am eager to install and play it in the live game as well! However, as regrettable and painful as it is, in this case it's definitely the right decision to hold off and make sure that this bug is properly fixed (and then that no new bugs are introduced as a result of that fix!).

We thank you for your patience and look forward to unleashing the Lekgolo worms of Colony next Monday! If you haven't already, be sure to check out the patch notes and the upcoming balance changes, both pinned atop this forum.
Thanks ske7ch. More than understand and thanks to the whole team for all their efforts. We all appreciate them
Good that 343 is honest but really? Why cant you hold your own Deadline?

So finally at home and at the PC...

On the one side - it`s good, that 343 is at least at this point honestly. [I`m still worried about the post last year where 343 said, that a "lot of players" played Halo 5 after the free days in/about August 16' without giving us until today any population counter or population stats]

On the other side...
I pay money for the Season Pass and I want that the content that I paid for is there in time! Kinsano was already released later [with Bugs]. Why should I still trust a company/publisher when I already know;
"You pay for something and you don`t get it in time."
"They make a big markeing for Halo 5 and the game was everything but really not that what I see in the marketing."
"The game [Halo 5] don`t have much content, why am I forced to wait a half year until the stuff that I paid for arrive?"

I work in combination in a townhall, a administrative district office and regional authority - when I say, that I will do stuff until this date or if my direct supervisor told me to finish my work until this or this date, I have to do it or I have serious consequences. Don`t know how that is handled in private sector but don`t think that I don`t know what I`m talking about. My work colleagues and citizens rely on me to do my work dutifully and keep the time limit.

By the way, not a good idea to told that the community one/two days before the release of the new Leader.

It`s now in Halo Wars 2 the second time that a DLC has been moved. You better finish your stuff [that we already paid for] in time in the near future.
I also hope that Halo 6 will not have that many issues and mistakes like Halo 4, MCC, Halo 5 or Halo Wars 2.
Of course, it is easier to see things worse- but you make it really hard for me to like the way how you handle Halo Wars 2 or Halo in general [but I like the way how you do the best after the disaster with the Halo 5 story].

Focus on the important things please.
you can redeem yourself by telling us when the observer and replay modes are coming! They are coming... right?
Thank you for your update!
Personally I find this unacceptable. It was stated that new content would be released on a schedule. Kinsano was delayed and then released with some major bugs anyway, why can't you keep your own deadlines? I bought the season pass because I love this game, and so I could get new content and yet you're not only telling me that my scheduled content will not really be on the stated schedule but will instead be released at unconfirmed later dates, but I will also have to assume that these so called game breaking bugs will probably still be in the game. Even when the content finally gets released there will be issues no matter what, so just keep the promised scheduling, fix any bugs with patches later, and give me the content I've already purchased and don't make promises that you can't keep. You say it's been delayed a week, well how can I trust that? On the next release date should I just assume it will be pushed back again? Is this Colony content going to be released with no issues or bugs with no need for additional patches, I highly doubt that so just release it on time. When you lie to your customers and fans you are damaging your reputation and setting a precedent for future content, future games, and most definitely losing the faith of the people that pay you. If a deadline is not met in most professions it can cost someone their job, and yet you tell us that we simply don't get what we were promised? The worst part though, you didn't even give us real notice. You wait until the day before, actually not even a day before, it is supposed to be released and tell us some vague half thought out nonsense about bugs that you won't even explain and expect us to just accept that? I love Halo, and Halo Wars. I had faith that you could do it justice but my faith in the future of this game has been severely shaken.
You can clearly see you bearly play the game and couldn't care less when colony is added lol this isn't honesty it's just a PR move
What's the game-breaking bug, if we might ask?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26