Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Colony Release Update (UPDATE 4/24)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 26
I say Halo wars is dying off and it's just a shame cuz it's a good game but we just get set back after set back so now colony is probably never going too come out I have been playing Halo wars ever since the 360 it was barely played as it was and now the 2nd one is about too do the same thing that patch is really needed and colony is too keep players coming but no colony we ant getting new players so Halo wars is dying
I say Halo wars is dying off and it's just a shame cuz it's a good game but we just get set back after set back so now colony is probably never going too come out I have been playing Halo wars ever since the 360 it was barely played as it was and now the 2nd one is about too do the same thing that patch is really needed and colony is too keep players coming but no colony we ant getting new players so Halo wars is dying
Stop overreacting. Colony is coming TODAY. They didn't give an exact time. It may come out midday in THEIR timezone. Show some patience, seriously. If Halo Wars 2 is gonna die, it'll die because of impatient and whiny players taking up the majority of those who play the game. And those very same players leaving over a minor setback.
I don't think the new leader will drop today. Read the update. Sounds like it going to be some time after the 24th.

Quote:
Our #1 priority is to deliver a great experience for all Halo Wars 2 players at a high quality bar and as the Colony DLC test and certification work continues it's become apparent that the public release is going to shift beyond our most recently communicated target date of Monday, April 24.
Stop overreacting. Colony is coming TODAY. They didn't give an exact time. It may come out midday in THEIR timezone. Show some patience, seriously. If Halo Wars 2 is gonna die, it'll die because of impatient and whiny players taking up the majority of those who play the game. And those very same players leaving over a minor setback.
They actually said that they won't be able to release it today. Though people should calm down, the world isn't ending.
While I don't see myself ever quitting this game completely, this does make them look really bad. Also, it isn't coming out today. They confirmed it on page 8 of this thread. I think we just need to stop expecting the new content to be released on time. It's clear that it won't ever get released on time, so let's just stop holding our breath. That's where the true disappointment is. And I know we shouldn't HAVE to do that, but it is what it is.
They actually said that they won't be able to release it today. Though people should calm down, the world isn't ending.
Well, its a shame it wont come out today .... still, yeah, the world isn't ending. The game just hit a bit of setback. Anything that has to do with "manmade computer technology" Is going to eventually have flaws and need repairs. Two terms people "Human error" and "Maintenance." We all do it, there are no exceptions. As Rag'n'Bone Man sings of. "We're only human after all." So, let's all stop whining, and stop putting more pressure on 343 Industries. No doubt this has them panicked and stressed as well. Adding to the weight on their shoulders does NOTHING to solve the problem. They are aware of the issue, shut up and let them fix it.
Can't find a game on halo wars d.e. now its taking longer and longer for hw2. Congrats you guys killed what was my favorite game.
The game breaking bug is where the skitters can attack regardless of LOS or FOW. All the skitters have to do is see the enemy go across the map and keep attacking. So are we supposed to get the update and DLC today or was it pushed back again. 343 If you are having issues releasing on time, take back the promised set time of DLC and just release after you have both created and fixed the problems. #2. I have had a post about the shipmaster's teleport bug that has yet to be fixed and many others have had the same problem. The shipmaster teleports units off the map and you are unable to create more. This seems more like a game breaking bug then the skitter bug. At least with the skitters you can hunt them down.
Can't find a game on halo wars d.e. now its taking longer and longer for hw2. Congrats you guys killed what was my favorite game.
It'll only be dead if players like you keep becoming whiners and quitting the game. It's not the end of the world. Quit whining and let 343 do their jobs without the added pressure. The problem with this world is now it always ALWAYS expects immediate perfection. due dates, expectations, so on so forth. I get that these are important, but it's gotten to the point where too many people do not brace for the eventuality that a due dates will be missed or expectations will not be met due to a human error. Personally I've had enough of this. 343, take some time to perfect your work and stop worrying about the whiners. If they chose to leave a perfectly good game, that's their loss.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
need it now ughhhhh
When is the new leader ACTUALLY going to be Released?
343 fanboy will defend them not matter how much they screw up and they have done that a lot over the years
It's human nature to make mistakes, and even though we see businesses as mindless entities that just produce product they are still run by people that make mistakes. If being a reasonable human being makes you a fanboy I sure hope that most people are fanboys.

If you're tired of the human mistakes that 343/Creative Assembly make they you could always not play their games.
They’re not sure yet and are still working on it.

Stay tuned to this bat channel.
stckrboy wrote:
Hey, since you do this for a living I have to ask, how accurate is my post on the topic on page three?

My knowledge in certain testing was slightly misinformed so I've updated it to better reflect what's going on behind the scenes but I was want to make sure that the stuff people are seeing not only tells them how much goes into game development but that it's accurate.
I'd say it's a pretty fair overview. I only know a little of the cert process, but that matches with the info I've found and read myself.

---

I think every developer would love it if releases could be made bug free, 100% perfect, but as long as humans are writing the code that's not going to happen. Bugs aren't always immediately apparent either and can take a series of specific steps to accurately reproduce, something to think about if you ever encounter an issue in game. If you can reproduce it on more than one occasion, document that asap - text, screenshots, videos and send it in. That's what gets things progressed faster.
Thank you! I feel if people actually took the time to learn the hell that goes into this stuff they'd be a little less harsh on 343i, and developers as a whole.

Instead they just blindly attack them despite knowing nothing about what's caused the problem in the first place.

Sometimes it's justified, most of the time time its not. In need this case, it's not.
Guys this isn't the first game they've made. They are well aware of cert testing, bug testing and everything that goes into that. I mean if your game is not ready, just don't release it. We seen the xbox one OS itself do the same thing, people from launch know what i'm talking about :D It just wasn't ready to be released. Excuses are dwindling at this point giving dates and not following through. I guess we'll see what happens.

The 3rd Wednesday of April was the 19th. Maybe next month.
We don't have a hard release date, which considering how the community have reacted I'm not surprised. I would guess we could see Colony released this weekend, or even Wednesday. But there are no actually release dates.
It'll only be dead if players like you keep becoming whiners and quitting the game. It's not the end of the world. Quit whining and let 343 do their jobs without the added pressure. The problem with this world is now it always ALWAYS expects immediate perfection. due dates, expectations, so on so forth. I get that these are important, but it's gotten to the point where too many people do not brace for the eventuality that a due dates will be missed or expectations will not be met due to a human error. Personally I've had enough of this. 343, take some time to perfect your work and stop worrying about the whiners. If they chose to leave a perfectly good game, that's their loss.
343 fanboy will defend them not matter how much they screw up and they have done that a lot over the years
keep the "fanboy" word to yourself pal. This doesn't just happen with 343, it's happening with a lot of gaming companies and this incident is just an example. I'm defending 343 because they are like many other companies, and make mistakes. I've spoken up for Bioware, Bethesda, even 2K Games. 343 is struggling, I get that. I'm not happy that they have to delay release of content. But yknow I'm not gonna jump down their throats for it. The people jumping down their throats and the throats of other gaming companies who also encounter issues, are only making themselves look like hypocrites and lunatics. Seriously pal "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone." I doubt you haven't. Shut up.
So I'm guessing that the next dlc drop is also gunna get pushed way far back because this one hasn't even been released yet. Oh well take as long as you need to, I refuse to play a single game more with the current meta. The game is borderline broken and im sick of the same thing over and over and over again so I'm taking a break till the patch comes out.
It's human nature to make mistakes, and even though we see businesses as mindless entities that just produce product they are still run by people that make mistakes. If being a reasonable human being makes you a fanboy I sure hope that most people are fanboys.

If you're tired of the human mistakes that 343/Creative Assembly make they you could always not play their games.
Nah.. they should just be a huge * on the box saying.. "Game content and DLC release dates will be given, but this is NOT set in stone, so it could be whenevs" just saying.. you can't keep giving props to huge and well paid team like this when they give dates and miss them like first rate indie teams do on early access titles. Harshness here totally justified..these are forums for current and potential customers to list their thoughts. 343 shouldn't make much statements then come in to give excuses like CERT TESTING?! It's just not believable that this wasn't already done.. the game released in Feb., it's almost May.

FYI guys, you won't be getting some gold stars for patrolling these forums protecting the studio.. they don't really care I assure you.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 26