Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Colony Release Update (UPDATE 4/24)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 26
Can't find a game on halo wars d.e. now its taking longer and longer for hw2. Congrats you guys killed what was my favorite game.
It'll only be dead if players like you keep becoming whiners and quitting the game. It's not the end of the world. Quit whining and let 343 do their jobs without the added pressure. The problem with this world is now it always ALWAYS expects immediate perfection. due dates, expectations, so on so forth. I get that these are important, but it's gotten to the point where too many people do not brace for the eventuality that a due dates will be missed or expectations will not be met due to a human error. Personally I've had enough of this. 343, take some time to perfect your work and stop worrying about the whiners. If they chose to leave a perfectly good game, that's their loss.
343 fanboy will defend them not matter how much they screw up and they have done that a lot over the years
keep the "fanboy" word to yourself pal. This doesn't just happen with 343, it's happening with a lot of gaming companies and this incident is just an example. I'm defending 343 because they are like many other companies, and make mistakes. I've spoken up for Bioware, Bethesda, even 2K Games. 343 is struggling, I get that. I'm not happy that they have to delay release of content. But yknow I'm not gonna jump down their throats for it. The people jumping down their throats and the throats of other gaming companies who also encounter issues, are only making themselves look like hypocrites and lunatics. Seriously pal "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone." I doubt you haven't. Shut up.
"Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" sounds familiar... hmmm🤔
Master chief?
Woke up early.... again.... to play as Colony before work. Looks like I wasted more sleeping time. This is getting really annoying. You guys need to stick to your word because this is twice now that I've woken up on your "target release date" to play as Colony. This is no way to treat fans. Stick to your word.
In their defense, they did update the op, and say on page 8, that it wasn't coming out today (monday).

But I just don't understand why balance and bugfixes have to keep getting pushed back as well... A good few people would be much happier if we at least got those.
I didn't see that anywhere, and I still can't find it. What's their newest target date?
From page 8:
ske7ch wrote:
hey everyone, I just update the OP but wanted to also just flag here that Colony will not be hitting our most recent target release date of Monday, 4/24. The highest priority for the team is to ensure a high quality bar and positive experience for players and as the test work continues it's become clear that Monday isn't feasible. I wanted to make sure to reset expectations and keep you all updated and will continue to do so as new information becomes available.
So, as Deadly Sinners said, we don't have any new target date.
I'm going to go play HW1 until the update HW2
Nah.. they should just be a huge * on the box saying.. "Game content and DLC release dates will be given, but this is NOT set in stone, so it could be whenevs" just saying.. you can't keep giving props to huge and well paid team like this when they give dates and miss them like first rate indie teams do on early access titles. Harshness here totally justified..these are forums for current and potential customers to list their thoughts. 343 shouldn't make much statements then come in to give excuses like CERT TESTING?! It's just not believable that this wasn't already done.. the game released in Feb., it's almost May.

FYI guys, you won't be getting some gold stars for patrolling these forums protecting the studio.. they don't really care I assure you.
Certification testing is a lot better reason than just saying, "we haven't finished the content yet". And with the DLC being delayed past today I would assume it's no easy fix either.
Can't find a game on halo wars d.e. now its taking longer and longer for hw2. Congrats you guys killed what was my favorite game.
It'll only be dead if players like you keep becoming whiners and quitting the game. It's not the end of the world. Quit whining and let 343 do their jobs without the added pressure. The problem with this world is now it always ALWAYS expects immediate perfection. due dates, expectations, so on so forth. I get that these are important, but it's gotten to the point where too many people do not brace for the eventuality that a due dates will be missed or expectations will not be met due to a human error. Personally I've had enough of this. 343, take some time to perfect your work and stop worrying about the whiners. If they chose to leave a perfectly good game, that's their loss.
343 fanboy will defend them not matter how much they screw up and they have done that a lot over the years
keep the "fanboy" word to yourself pal. This doesn't just happen with 343, it's happening with a lot of gaming companies and this incident is just an example. I'm defending 343 because they are like many other companies, and make mistakes. I've spoken up for Bioware, Bethesda, even 2K Games. 343 is struggling, I get that. I'm not happy that they have to delay release of content. But yknow I'm not gonna jump down their throats for it. The people jumping down their throats and the throats of other gaming companies who also encounter issues, are only making themselves look like hypocrites and lunatics. Seriously pal "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone." I doubt you haven't. Shut up.
Sorry buddy I don't read that fairy tale called the bible lol don't bring religion into this lmao

They have consistently screwed up over the years halo 4's multiplayer halo 5's story with its false marketing with hunt the lies and now halo wars 2 is horribly unbalanced holding the patch hostage for the dlc leader me like many other players have stopped playing this game because of op rushes like the turrent drop like 1 min red line and locusts oh ya lets not forget MCC how about u try and defend that one 343 knowing its was broken still released it 343 can't afford anymore screw ups halo war 2 was a chance for them to redeem themselves for halo 6
I'll defend them because Halo Wars 2 is that chance. And I'll quote whatever the heck I want. Bill of Right's pal, I'm an American and I got free speech on my side for that one. Discriminating against me for having a religious belief only makes you look even more like a conflict monger. News flash. Racial discrimination and Religious discrimination is a big fat no-no when hiring employees or catering to the needs of grade school and college students. That said, again, the people at 343 Industries are only human just like you, developing the games they want to in a world that is making it increasingly difficult to do so just like it is for so many other game development companies. What you're complaining about 343 for? Who next, 2K? Bethesda? Bioware? EA? Seriously you have no room to talk man. Halo Wars 2 offered a STORY that helped redeem the image of 343 industries and that's enough to give me reason to forgive the ooooh so miniscule trespass of delaying content so they release it the way it should be released. If you ask me it's what they should've been doing and now they're finally doing it. They post an expected release date, okay. Don't EVER expect any company to hold to that release date EVERY SINGLE TIME. There will be bugs, and errors, and delays for every company in every industry and 343 has just had a bad streak. Do we know the full circumstances of the situation? Hell no. It is not our place to judge them when they themselves could be dealing with issues on a company wide scale that we as human beings may go through on a very regular basis individually. Server or PC issues? Monetary problems? I don't give a damn, at least they are waiting to release the content until it is actually READY to be released this time which is more than can be said for a lot of companies. This isn't a screw up. It's a very minor mishap. It's DLC. Not a full game. If you are really so disappointed that you don't want to play the game anymore, why are you posting here and whining to 343 for doing what even you do: "MAKE MISTAKES" Your mistake, is the same as tens of thousands of others: Expecting absolutely nothing but perfection. Unattainable pal, stop wasting time waitin for a train don't come. Let 343 do their jobs, enjoy what you got, or find something else. If you don't have anything constructive to offer to 343 don't say anything at all. Again I will quote the bible and I will not be ashamed of it. "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone." Fairytale or not, legend or not "Legends are lessons, they ring with truths." Now take your closed minded garbage elsewhere. The intellectuals and actual gaming enthusiasts don't wanna hear it. I hope people like that I quoted the movie "Brave" by the way. Great family movie.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Nequodo wrote:
Havikzz wrote:
Please for the love of God at least release the patch... Your game is already broken
(Jack's&locusts).
P.S. this looks like another MMC faul up...
Yeah man I'm fed up now I keep getting locust rush I play forge and he has no chance agains banished right now, it's got to the point where I'm not gunna play in till it's released! It's ruining the game for me ATM! I can have a mac out army and the banished just run through them like butter! The unity air they have is ridiculous is -Yoink- on the UNSC one
If you rush with Hellbringers & Marines quickly, then Banished have no time to create enough Locusts. But I agree with the fact that they need to be nerfed.

For Jackrabbits, anti-vehicles turrets can destroy them with the help of Marines.
Even cod gets DLC out on time. I think its clear 343 isnt putting effort into it other wise it would be done by the dead line. I've disappointed with Halo games since 343 took over. If 343 is going to keep messing around not deliver by the deadline at least give everyone something they want along with it. new maps. there is only 3-4 maps i play on (private match) because those are the only ones i think are good. all the maps are way too symetrical. plus what few towers/cover there is are all in bad spots. and there should be maps that are built for 1v1 and 2v2. theres only two 2v2 maps and they feel like the exact same map just made a little different. really shows how much effort 343 put into the game
Sorry buddy I don't read that fairy tale called the bible lol don't bring religion into this lmao

They have consistently screwed up over the years halo 4's multiplayer halo 5's story with its false marketing with hunt the lies and now halo wars 2 is horribly unbalanced holding the patch hostage for the dlc leader me like many other players have stopped playing this game because of op rushes like the turrent drop like 1 min red line and locusts oh ya lets not forget MCC how about u try and defend that one 343 knowing its was broken still released it 343 can't afford anymore screw ups halo war 2 was a chance for them to redeem themselves for halo 6
I'll defend them because Halo Wars 2 is that chance. And I'll quote whatever the heck I want. Bill of Right's pal, I'm an American and I got free speech on my side for that one. Discriminating against me for having a religious belief only makes you look even more like a conflict monger. News flash. Racial discrimination and Religious discrimination is a big fat no-no when hiring employees or catering to the needs of grade school and college students. That said, again, the people at 343 Industries are only human just like you, developing the games they want to in a world that is making it increasingly difficult to do so just like it is for so many other game development companies. What you're complaining about 343 for? Who next, 2K? Bethesda? Bioware? EA? Seriously you have no room to talk man. Halo Wars 2 offered a STORY that helped redeem the image of 343 industries and that's enough to give me reason to forgive the ooooh so miniscule trespass of delaying content so they release it the way it should be released. If you ask me it's what they should've been doing and now they're finally doing it. They post an expected release date, okay. Don't EVER expect any company to hold to that release date EVERY SINGLE TIME. There will be bugs, and errors, and delays for every company in every industry and 343 has just had a bad streak. Do we know the full circumstances of the situation? Hell no. It is not our place to judge them when they themselves could be dealing with issues on a company wide scale that we as human beings may go through on a very regular basis individually. Server or PC issues? Monetary problems? I don't give a damn, at least they are waiting to release the content until it is actually READY to be released this time which is more than can be said for a lot of companies. This isn't a screw up. It's a very minor mishap. It's DLC. Not a full game. If you are really so disappointed that you don't want to play the game anymore, why are you posting here and whining to 343 for doing what even you do: "MAKE MISTAKES" Your mistake, is the same as tens of thousands of others: Expecting absolutely nothing but perfection. Unattainable pal, stop wasting time waitin for a train don't come. Let 343 do their jobs, enjoy what you got, or find something else. If you don't have anything constructive to offer to 343 don't say anything at all. Again I will quote the bible and I will not be ashamed of it. "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone." Fairytale or not, legend or not "Legends are lessons, they ring with truths." Now take your closed minded garbage elsewhere. The intellectuals and actual gaming enthusiasts don't wanna hear it. I hope people like that I quoted the movie "Brave" by the way. Great family movie.
Well for one I was born i states second don't bring religion into games no place for it third we all we want is the patch notes which is being held hostage by the dlc leader that people really don't care about fourth they have screw up too many times this was there last chance for many to redeem themselves if they had done a decent job mabe we wouldn't have this issue at the moment lastly if they can't even make a very simple eta without screwing it up what makes u think halo 6 will to any better?
I wonder what are doing anti-343 people in a Halo forum?
Go away men!
Halo is 343 now, and you can not do anything for that.
"343 fanboys" blablabla....
Now with 343 we have a more expended universe and more canon as before. With 343 now, we feel more like a UNSC Spartan than in Bungie Halo, in which we felt like a brick on legs. Do you rmember last Bungie Halo game? Reach? Anti-canon game, lot of scenaristic problems....
343 rules.
Makes me really sad Colony has been delayed again :( but has anyone thought about if the announcer when things are built/upgraded is actually going to have a voice or is it just going to be a random series of grunts and other noises? As thus far in all Halo we haven't heard a Hunter or Lekgolo speak.
Makes me really sad Colony has been delayed again :( but has anyone thought about if the announcer when things are built/upgraded is actually going to have a voice or is it just going to be a random series of grunts and other noises? As thus far in all Halo we haven't heard a Hunter or Lekgolo speak.
Rumbling voice probably. Going to sound bad -Yoink-

Well for one I was born i states second don't bring religion into games no place for it third we all we want is the patch notes which is being held hostage by the dlc leader that people really don't care about fourth they have screw up too many times this was there last chance for many to redeem themselves if they had done a decent job mabe we wouldn't have this issue at the moment lastly if they can't even make a very simple eta without screwing it up what makes u think halo 6 will to any better?
The point wasn't about religion. It was about talking about people's mishaps and mistakes when in reality we all make mistakes. Your circle reasoning and hard headed-ness is unnecessary because the points were already made. It takes time to make big complex games and sometimes deadlines aren't always met. A couple of days delay is absolutely nothing and welcomed in this game because they aren't releasing a broken product. How hard is that to understand?

Balancing is a journey, it takes time for everything especially for an rts game. Fighting games go through many iterations in a cycle for just one game.
In an rts there will be loopholes and strategies that a developer didn't see because of exploitation. Stuff will be fixed don't worry.
When is colony release?
Ciberfoxx wrote:
When is colony release?
When is colony release?
Ciberfoxx wrote:
When is colony release?
When is colony release?
They haven't said anything yet
Mmmh, very good thing!! There will be howlings lol
they might as well just release the new leader. masking behind fixing bugs. the game is already broken as is, not like this update is going to do anything special...
The first delay i was fine with and understood. But this second delay really annoyed me. Is colony even going to release in this month like he was supposed to? You guys sold a 30$ season pass on the fact there would be new content each month.
Mmmh, very good thing!! There will be howlings lol
apparently hunters have canonically spoke english in a book somewhere by vibrating the worms to create words.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 26