Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Colony Release Update (UPDATE 4/24)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 26
I can't even use my Camo Skins.... Apparently you should be able to enable them under "game settings" from Halo Wars 2. My brother did it and so did multiple friends. Yet there is no option for me to do that. I have re-installed it 100 times but it just won't work. Weird......
You need to wear a camo suit yourself first. Then the game will recognize the pattern and will allow you use it in-game.
So they're not even giving us an expected release date anymore? That's a huge bummer, me and my friends have been highly anticipating this. I'd like them to at least say "hey sorry it'll be out Wednesday" rather than having to scroll through the forum to find out they have no idea.
I love how they changed the opening message because of this delay. "Oh -Yoink- it's still not working? Well let's plug the DE of wars 1 than" They should let us know what's going on in the opening message not just stop mentioning colony lol
Quote:
First off you sir are full of it.
He's just trying to help.
Quote:
Second Colony is not free if you BUY the ultimate edition or season pass.
Just for comparative sake, what is the difference in price between HW2UE and HW2?
Quote:
Third I don't want the content "right damn now" as you so eloquently put it i want it when they say that its going to be released.
Fair enough.
Quote:
Fourth I am not furthering this discussion because you are just bashing me for having an opinion and are clearly just posting to be rude and unpleasant while I do post my complaints because they are genuine.
You do have a genuine complaint, but your posts are coming off as extremely angry, aggressive, and rude. At least in the way your comments read, it seems like you do not have a complete understanding of what is going on and RaginPagan is trying to help; however, you simply blow him off and accuse him of trying to be superior. See below.
Quote:
You completely ignored most of what I said. You on the other hand just want to make yourself think that you are better than everyone just because you think your opinion is the one that out ranks everyone. Like a child. Also my complaints are meant to be constructive you are just trying to seem superior. Good day sir I will see you the next time you try to bash someone else's opinion.
Please don't blow your guts everywhere when you still have the current game in your pocket, so to speak, and can play it whenever you want. Colony's delayed release is unpleasant but it is not the end of the world.

I hope I'm not coming off as "superior" and arrogant, I'm just trying to simmer the situation down.
343 - destroying everything it touches since halo 4
Bit much I'd say. Anything you didn't like about it can be turned off. It's also off-topic.
KHRIS KHAN wrote:
Where is the dlc
I will also say that I understand about the small details that go into game making and programming and also that the hunter really never has had a big play in halo wars. They probably had to start with close to nothing and build from the ground up. But at the same time I got the expensive one that's supposed to give extra and we really haven't gotten much ya know ? Give us some unit skins or some different looking units to make us feel special or something XD
-game lover and paying customer
They can't get content out for the standard paying customer, safe to say we aren't getting sh*t. Sorry my dude but just being realistic.
And what makes you say that?its just a little program involved
The fact is we are all Halo fans here or I would presume we are. Yes bad things happen and yes we all get disappointed but I'm sure no one on the dev team purposely thought "Yeah let's delay it, the fans will LOVE that!" They are just fixing issues. Also I'd like to add that if it wasn't done Friday night it wasn't probably finished by Monday morning unless they worked the weekend. If they did work the weekend then if anything that shows how much they are dedicated to us fans. Keep in mind there is a dev somewhere getting pressure on him for this release.
Can't find a game on halo wars d.e. now its taking longer and longer for hw2. Congrats you guys killed what was my favorite game.
It'll only be dead if players like you keep becoming whiners and quitting the game. It's not the end of the world. Quit whining and let 343 do their jobs without the added pressure. The problem with this world is now it always ALWAYS expects immediate perfection. due dates, expectations, so on so forth. I get that these are important, but it's gotten to the point where too many people do not brace for the eventuality that a due dates will be missed or expectations will not be met due to a human error. Personally I've had enough of this. 343, take some time to perfect your work and stop worrying about the whiners. If they chose to leave a perfectly good game, that's their loss.
spam
[...] Seriously pal "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone." I doubt you haven't. Shut up.
Sorry buddy I don't read that fairy tale called the bible lol don't bring religion into this imao. [...]
???
What do you think he's trying to do, curse you with the Bible? Would you prefer this?
Quote:
"Let him who has not let someone down be the first to berate the one who let another down." - Jesus paraphrased for the sake of a video game.
Him quoting the Bible is not gonna kill you.

Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
and STOP being A CHURCH RACIST that's the absolute most stupid thing in the world. this is the 21st century act like your part of it.
Whose side are you on?

EDIT: sorry mods if I'm bumping, I was going page by page, and quotes don't really carry over.
Where is the dlc
I will also say that I understand about the small details that go into game making and programming and also that the hunter really never has had a big play in halo wars. They probably had to start with close to nothing and build from the ground up. But at the same time I got the expensive one that's supposed to give extra and we really haven't gotten much ya know ? Give us some unit skins or some different looking units to make us feel special or something XD
-game lover and paying customer
I do agree with the skins I think people who pre ordered and paid top $$ for the game should have gotten skins like on halo wars 1 would have been a nice gift for those paying more
I wonder what are doing anti-343 people in a Halo forum?
Go away men!
Halo is 343 now, and you can not do anything for that.
"343 fanboys" blablabla....
Now with 343 we have a more expended universe and more canon as before. With 343 now, we feel more like a UNSC Spartan than in Bungie Halo, in which we felt like a brick on legs. Do you rmember last Bungie Halo game? Reach? Anti-canon game, lot of scenaristic problems....
343 rules.
Do you even english bro?
I'm french, so I try to do what I can.... Try to write in french so I can laugh at you too ;)
C'est moi qui écris en français. Je ne sais pas quel est son problème, vous écrivez mieux l'anglais que beaucoup d'Américains.
Spoiler:
Show
(For you English moderators, try Google Translate. Works wonders.) ;-)
So it is the 24th, and still no update from the 343 team. Three days after the initial post from Sk3tch stating that today it (patch and leader) won't be dropped. At least keep your fans in the know, and not in the dark about these kind of things.
Havikzz wrote:
So it is the 24th, and still no update from the 343 team. Three days after the initial post from Sk3tch stating that today it (patch and leader) won't be dropped. At least keep your fans in the know, and not in the dark about these kind of things.
Oh dear...
Ya'll are lucky that you don't play Ark: Survival Evolved on Xbox or you'd be more calm. They say that an update is coming on a specific date then you have to wait 2 weeks after it's suppose to be released til you actually get it. This update for Halo Wars is actually alot better since they actually are communicating and letting us know that there are delays and not just having us guess what's going on. So thank you all for letting us know about the delays and explaining why it has been delayed.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Havikzz wrote:
Three days with two of those days being the weekend. It's not unreasonable to not have the news by now.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Havikzz wrote:
Three days with two of those days being the weekend. It's not unreasonable to not have the news by now.
Not unreasonable I agree, but if the dlc and patch are an issue to the longevity of the game (I believe it is), then the team should have worked on it over the weekend. A statement even as vague as a "we are making progress" would suffice to at least some of the community.
-great response breezystarfish1 (no sass intended).
Havikzz wrote:
Well it kind of is actually. Halo is a major fanchise, a game that's suppose to be run by professional company. Weekends don't or shouldn't exist, especially for the gaming industry (meaning so because weekends are gaming days). A high fanchise company needs to have people working 24/7, especially weekends. If those producers and game makers aren't working weekends to get this patch and dlc out, they deserve nothing but the flame that all of these gamers are giving them.

343 and CA preach professionalism, and I know things don't always workout perfectly. But it's unbelieve that they've had to double delay the release of the dlc. They've made a great game this far, but I'm unimpressed of how they've handled dlc and they're lack of official updates or official reasons for the delays.
NK ME wrote:
Havikzz wrote:
Well it kind of is actually. Halo is a major fanchise, a game that's suppose to be run by professional company. Weekends don't or shouldn't exist, especially for the gaming industry (meaning so because weekends are gaming days). A high fanchise company needs to have people working 24/7, especially weekends. If those producers and game makers aren't working weekends to get this patch and dlc out, they deserve nothing but the flame that all of these gamers are giving them.

343 and CA preach professionalism, and I know things don't always workout perfectly. But it's unbelieve that they've had to double delay the release of the dlc. They've made a great game this far, but I'm unimpressed of how they've handled dlc and they're lack of official updates or official reasons for the delays.
🙌💁
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 26