Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Colony Release Update (UPDATE 4/24)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. ...
  8. 26
ske7ch wrote:
hey guys, I understand the eagerness (shared here as well) but until I have concrete info from the team that the DLC content has successfully completed cert and is just ready to be deployed, I'm not comfortable providing any other "target date" for release. The Creative Assembly team is working with the 343 team to get this Colony DLC out the door as quickly as possible without sacrificing quality.

While I understand we've missed the original date (and the second date we subsequently communicated) providing frequent "the team is still working on it" reports don't really do anything to help the situation. At this stage I'm waiting for real info before I can pass along any new updates. So far, I don't have any new concrete details to share. Work continues. Everyone wants to get this content out the door ASAP which, along with ensuring that bugs are squashed and quality bar is maintained, remain top priorities.

Hopefully I'll get some new info soon.

As of now I have no reason to believe that these Colony issues will have a specific impact on the next DLC for May. That said, we are taking a step back to review the timelines for all DLC going forward along with our promotional cadence to make sure it's all aligned. I would go ahead and set the expectation now that going forward, "the 3rd Wednesday of the month" no longer applies and we will manage and message each respective DLC release as appropriate for monthly releases.
I am thankful for the effort to make sure it actually works on launch. Thanks.
I got the season pass with the knowledgement of getting a leader every month. so with that said if it's not out by the 30th we all could request a full refund for the season pass. Is it that hard to get what u pay for I went to ITT I've done this stuff. 343 might want to rethink there tech guys and get some that know what there doing
where the frek is colony!lol
Anyone who wants a new leader NOW, more than a game that works... Like why? The game needs to work first right?? But anyway I really hope the R&D buff on Anders applies to Jackrabbits as well as marines. Would really help Anders early, and I think we're all getting bored of kissano.
How about "I paid that for, I want that at that date" - still funny that they got defended after all this with Halo 5 and now this with Halo Wars 2 - I PAID for the Season Pass and people got the right to say that it sucks cause they paid for it.

The bad thing about that is that it`s now the second time they miss their own, I just say it, Deadline - what`s really bad.

I paid 30€ for the Season pass [Content/Leader for 6 months] so every leader cost about 5€. Two Leaders already arrived too late and I`m sure I wouldn`t see at least 5€ back on my Microsoft Account or something else.

If I buy a computer and see at home that it doesn`t run, I bring it back and I get a new one. The second time I got my money back or get a new pc and some extras as compensation. Really don`t know why I should defend someone who can`t finish his/her work in time [when you already paid them that for].
Normally you will be forced to pay contract penalty.
Invulting wrote:
SCM74862 wrote:
What's the game-breaking bug, if we might ask?
It´s a really difficult bug to remove due to its thick consistency some might call it slacking.
Its a bug with the skidders being able to shoot across the map.
I have a friend who made a video of a locust he extracted still shooting at the enemy base across the map which it did destroy regardless of range of sight obviously that bug has been there it just so happens the skitter units made it occur commonly
If you could share the link of that video here, it might help 343 understand how deep the issue is a bit faster and accelerate the debug process a little. Has it been posted online?
No it hasn't been posted anywhere other then it just being on his activity feed. http://xboxclips.com/STRATSforPLATS/d144f020-30c7-4441-ab8b-ae1adf583ff1 you can just copy an paste but it shows the locust shooting out of the extraction portal as well as shooting across the map
Day 343: Still no Colony or the Patch were released...
Season Pass Says we get New leaders every month So we should get Colony this week
I know they want to keep it all together, but if they released the balance update, they could keep the ranked competitive landscape moving. Seems like numbers are decent (at least that's my experience), but I wouldn't want people to get discouraged by some of the more difficult strategies.
Sketch will this effect future ranked seasons? The new season was supposed to start with the release of the dlc but obviously with it being delayed does that mean next season will be shorter than this season if everything goes according to plan or will it also be prolonged to have the equivalent amount of time to rank up?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
NOBODY CARES about seasons!!!!
-Yoink!- with all that season BS!!!!
It's pointless, you try to get to a certain rank and at the end of the season it gets wiped.
You should ask for them tp bring back the old military ranks from Halo 3 and Halo Reach!
They kind of already have that with your player level, granted it's not as cool
Sketch will this effect future ranked seasons? The new season was supposed to start with the release of the dlc but obviously with it being delayed does that mean next season will be shorter than this season if everything goes according to plan or will it also be prolonged to have the equivalent amount of time to rank up?
It's pointless, you try to get to a certain rank and at the end of the season it gets wiped.
You should ask for them tp bring back the old military ranks from Halo 3 and Halo Reach!
All I took away from that is that you're a salty kid with tears in his eyes
They kind of already have that with your player level, granted it's not as cool
It sounds way cooler if you reach the rank of Lieutenant for example instead of reaching level 30.............
You are clearly missing my point "kid"
No. Your point is invalid. I'm realistic. I know asking for them to change their entire ranking system is never going to happen so instead I get information on the ranking system that they have got implemented rather than complain that it's not exactly how I want it
Jesus Christ you people are like children screaming because dinner isn't exactly at 6.

I bought the season pass, I'm still going to get the DLC, soooo.... Yea, still fine. I'd much rather wait for something that works than toss a controller at something that doesn't. You people act like you've never worked with video game companies before, this isn't all that uncommon.
No. Your point is invalid. I'm realistic. I know asking for them to change their entire ranking system is never going to happen so instead I get information on the ranking system that they have got implemented rather than complain that it's not exactly how I want it
They should copy the ranking system from Halo 3 or Halo Reach for Halo 6!
Jesus Christ you people are like children screaming because dinner isn't exactly at 6.

I bought the season pass, I'm still going to get the DLC, soooo.... Yea, still fine. I'd much rather wait for something that works than toss a controller at something that doesn't. You people act like you've never worked with video game companies before, this isn't all that uncommon.
Considering most gamers don't work in the sector, isn't this misunderstanding a given? I am grateful that they have told us what the bug is, so we know how bad it would have been if they did release the update.
They should copy the ranking system from Halo 3 or Halo Reach for Halo 6!
It doesn't matter what they should do. It's what they decide to do and you commenting on my posts and flaming me because I ask a simple question about the system is not going to help anything
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 22
  4. 23
  5. 24
  6. 25
  7. ...
  8. 26