Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Colony Release Update (UPDATE 4/24)

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. ...
  7. 26
I am fine waiting for the DLC, but why are the balance changes and patches delayed?
Invulting wrote:
Invulting wrote:
SCM74862 wrote:
What's the game-breaking bug, if we might ask?
It´s a really difficult bug to remove due to its thick consistency some might call it slacking.
Its a bug with the skidders being able to shoot across the map.
I have a friend who made a video of a locust he extracted still shooting at the enemy base across the map which it did destroy regardless of range of sight obviously that bug has been there it just so happens the skitter units made it occur commonly
If you could share the link of that video here, it might help 343 understand how deep the issue is a bit faster and accelerate the debug process a little. Has it been posted online?
Thank you for sharing this!
Like I said before sniper elite 4 got 2 dlcs today on time and there was a issues with 1 of them and rebellion fixed it in just a few hours. And yet it's been a week for 343 smh.
Jesus Christ you people are like children screaming because dinner isn't exactly at 6.

I bought the season pass, I'm still going to get the DLC, soooo.... Yea, still fine. I'd much rather wait for something that works than toss a controller at something that doesn't. You people act like you've never worked with video game companies before, this isn't all that uncommon.
That's the problem. We are reaching the breaking point. As a consumer, I buy something for it's entirety. If they promise a new leader every month for something I paid for, then that is what I should get. They need to be liable. Too many companies are taking advantage. There are thousands of other companies that have released content on time , including companies that have made RTS games.
Postums wrote:
Invulting wrote:
Invulting wrote:
SCM74862 wrote:
It´s a really difficult bug to remove due to its thick consistency some might call it slacking.
I have a friend who made a video of a locust he extracted still shooting at the enemy base across the map which it did destroy regardless of range of sight obviously that bug has been there it just so happens the skitter units made it occur commonly
If you could share the link of that video here, it might help 343 understand how deep the issue is a bit faster and accelerate the debug process a little. Has it been posted online?
No it hasn't been posted anywhere other then it just being on his activity feed. http://xboxclips.com/STRATSforPLATS/d144f020-30c7-4441-ab8b-ae1adf583ff1 you can just copy an paste but it shows the locust shooting out of the extraction portal as well as shooting across the map
Thank you for sharing this!
Is he able to replicate this? Or did it only work that one time?
Like I said before sniper elite 4 got 2 dlcs today on time and there was a issues with 1 of them and rebellion fixed it in just a few hours. And yet it's been a week for 343 smh.
Cause Sniper Elite is a "simple" game. Not as complicated as Halo Wars which has a lot of paramaters or settings, IA sets, damage Sets, damages multiplier effects with boss capacities or upgrades, etc.... A lot of factors to take care of.
Season Pass Says we get New leaders every month So we should get Colony this week
Here is what the season pass description says on the Microsoft website:
Description
Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2 Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story.
smasher555 wrote:
SCM74862 wrote:
See now that is a problem that is quite hard to fix.

I'm starting to get the feel that some people in this thread have no idea how videogame development actually works. A problem like this could be from many asspects such as the projectiles not having an accurate hit detection with map elements, a problem with range, or anything else.

Simply put a bug in 100 lines of code is a lot easier to find than a bug in 500 lines of code. Not to mention we don't know how many lines of code there is for colony, the unit, or the map.
Oh my god finally someone smart who understands how annoying this -Yoink- can be!

I'm not even a developer or anything! I'm going into journalism and creative writing for college! But at least I do a little research on this stuff to understand it! Video game development sucks and anything can go wrong at any time!
Why and I the only one who reads the forms instead of complaining or immediately asking the eminent question...
Anyone who wants a new leader NOW, more than a game that works... Like why? The game needs to work first right?? But anyway I really hope the R&D buff on Anders applies to Jackrabbits as well as marines. Would really help Anders early, and I think we're all getting bored of kissano.
How about "I paid that for, I want that at that date" - still funny that they got defended after all this with Halo 5 and now this with Halo Wars 2 - I PAID for the Season Pass and people got the right to say that it sucks cause they paid for it.

The bad thing about that is that it`s now the second time they miss their own, I just say it, Deadline - what`s really bad.

I paid 30€ for the Season pass [Content/Leader for 6 months] so every leader cost about 5€. Two Leaders already arrived too late and I`m sure I wouldn`t see at least 5€ back on my Microsoft Account or something else.

If I buy a computer and see at home that it doesn`t run, I bring it back and I get a new one. The second time I got my money back or get a new pc and some extras as compensation. Really don`t know why I should defend someone who can`t finish his/her work in time [when you already paid them that for].
Normally you will be forced to pay contract penalty.
Description
Grow your war chest with the Halo Wars 2 Season Pass. The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story.
I don't see any definitive delivery dates here...

Regardless of what you've heard here or there, you shouldn't have had the mentality of "I paid for that, I want that at that date" when you purchased this game...
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Dracratic wrote:
Season Pass Says we get New leaders every month So we should get Colony this week
Description
Yes six months New Leaders So Colony will be out this week
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Dracratic wrote:
Dracratic wrote:
Description
Yes every six months New Leaders So Colony will be out this week
Nowhere in that description does it say "every six months"... Nowhere in that description does it say "there will be a new leader each month"...
Maybe u dont know how to read
Dracratic wrote:
Regardless of what you've heard here or there, you shouldn't have had the mentality of "I paid for that, I want that at that date" when you purchased this game...
Dracratic wrote:
Dracratic wrote:
Description
Nowhere in that description does it say "every six months"... Nowhere in that description does it say "there will be a new leader each month"...
Looks like someone had a clown for lunch... Always the trolls out there...
This thread is filled with complaints and people defending 343. I'm just here trying to find out if they've given us an update but I have to wade through so much crying. I'm bummed too but -Yoink- happens.
Have there been any updates on when we should expect it besides the fact it won't be released yesterday?
Dracratic wrote:
Dracratic wrote:
Description
From the looks of it he can read. All it says is that content will be released over a period of six months
This thread is filled with complaints and people defending 343. I'm just here trying to find out if they've given us an update but I have to wade through so much crying. I'm bummed too but -Yoink- happens.
Have there been any updates on when we should expect it besides the fact it won't be released yesterday?
The update is that they'll give us a date when it's concrete, and that Colony's delay won't affect May's DLC.
The update is that they'll give us a date when it's concrete, and that Colony's delay won't affect May's DLC.
Haha, the update is they stopped giving us deadlines.
I am fine waiting for the DLC, but why are the balance changes and patches delayed?
Seriously, more people need to question this.

While disappointed, I'm overall fine with having Colony delayed for fixing. However, I'm NOT fine with everything else being held back just because Colony has bugs. There are game-breaking issues in the game RIGHT NOW that need fixing (Battle Hardened, displacement teleporting units out of the map, balance, etc.).

Why are things, that are unrelated to Colony, being held back as well?
Dracratic wrote:
Dracratic wrote:
Description
From the looks of it he can read. All it says is that content will be released over a period of six months
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 23
  4. 24
  5. 25
  6. ...
  7. 26