Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Colony Release Update (UPDATE 4/24)

OP ske7ch

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 26
Personally I find this unacceptable. It was stated that new content would be released on a schedule. Kinsano was delayed and then released with some major bugs anyway, why can't you keep your own deadlines? I bought the season pass because I love this game, and so I could get new content and yet you're not only telling me that my scheduled content will not really be on the stated schedule but will instead be released at unconfirmed later dates, but I will also have to assume that these so called game breaking bugs will probably still be in the game. Even when the content finally gets released there will be issues no matter what, so just keep the promised scheduling, fix any bugs with patches later, and give me the content I've already purchased and don't make promises that you can't keep. You say it's been delayed a week, well how can I trust that? On the next release date should I just assume it will be pushed back again? Is this Colony content going to be released with no issues or bugs with no need for additional patches, I highly doubt that so just release it on time. When you lie to your customers and fans you are damaging your reputation and setting a precedent for future content, future games, and most definitely losing the faith of the people that pay you. If a deadline is not met in most professions it can cost someone their job, and yet you tell us that we simply don't get what we were promised? The worst part though, you didn't even give us real notice. You wait until the day before, actually not even a day before, it is supposed to be released and tell us some vague half thought out nonsense about bugs that you won't even explain and expect us to just accept that? I love Halo, and Halo Wars. I had faith that you could do it justice but my faith in the future of this game has been severely shaken.
Soooo you're saying you'd rather have buggy new content now rather then more polished content a couple days later? Doesn't seem like a fair trade to me
Yes I would rather them make a mistake and fix it rather than have them blatantly lie to me and give me some half thought out excuse. Nondetailed game breaking bugs is as much of a reason as some child sticking a penny in a light socket just cause it happens to fit.
Certification testing takes as long as a week and a failure can happen suddenly. The update was probably released so suddenly before the intended release window because the bug showed up shortly before that. It's not like they found the bug five days ago and saved it until the last minute, these things happen very suddenly and randomly.

And a game breaking bug and a normal bug are two different things. Game breaking bugs are horrid things that literally make the game unplayable or are something that can be exploited, or both. If they are caught while in cert testing, the content is forced to be delayed until dealt with. Some are able to sneak by and you'll have a huge problem on your hands.

Most bugs are small things that may mess with the game, but it's still playable for the most part. They don't ruin a lot and can be addressed later in a bug fix update.

What was found in the certification testing was something that came up suddenly and warranted the content to be delayed.
JUST NERF KINSANO AT LEAST!
JU5T1Nsane wrote:
JUST NERF KINSANO AT LEAST!
She is getting Nerfed
I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed when I powered up today and there was no dlc. But I really appreciate the honesty and that you are keeping us in the loop. Cant wait to finally play it, bug free.
NATO 2323 wrote:
JU5T1Nsane wrote:
JUST NERF KINSANO AT LEAST!
She is getting Nerfed
i know im saying if youre going to delay the dlc for tuneing thats fine but please just nerf kinsano now she is literally breaking the game with her redline glitch and turret rushes. its impossible to have fun playing a game when at the 1:30 mark i lose my base to 6 marines and 3 dropped turrets its honestly even worse than the sentinels when the game first came out.
Colony will be worth the wait. It will be interesting to see what strategies we all come up with and what leader combos we will see in 2v2 and 3v3
Well that sucks. But in the other hand, at least they're taking their time so the patch and leader are finely tuned. It's also nice that they're being honest and telling us that it won't be releasing today.
JU5T1Nsane wrote:
NATO 2323 wrote:
JU5T1Nsane wrote:
JUST NERF KINSANO AT LEAST!
She is getting Nerfed
i know im saying if youre going to delay the dlc for tuneing thats fine but please just nerf kinsano now she is literally breaking the game with her redline glitch and turret rushes. its impossible to have fun playing a game when at the 1:30 mark i lose my base to 6 marines and 3 dropped turrets its honestly even worse than the sentinels when the game first came out.
Yes I agree the patch could of come out today and the leader next week that would of been better
How did Halo Wars 2 on PC pass the certification process?

I'd rather the leader delayed than launched broken, but the 1 patch a month really hasn't helped the game considering some things could have been fixed easily.
Thanks for being honest and a high five for giving us a release date. Hope to play with you in the future.
How much would gamestop give me for halo wars 2 ????
How much would gamestop give me for halo wars 2 ????
Call them up and ask or check their website? Either way, this isn't a relevant discussion topic for this post or forum
Personally I find this unacceptable. It was stated that new content would be released on a schedule. Kinsano was delayed and then released with some major bugs anyway, why can't you keep your own deadlines? I bought the season pass because I love this game, and so I could get new content and yet you're not only telling me that my scheduled content will not really be on the stated schedule but will instead be released at unconfirmed later dates, but I will also have to assume that these so called game breaking bugs will probably still be in the game. Even when the content finally gets released there will be issues no matter what, so just keep the promised scheduling, fix any bugs with patches later, and give me the content I've already purchased and don't make promises that you can't keep. You say it's been delayed a week, well how can I trust that? On the next release date should I just assume it will be pushed back again? Is this Colony content going to be released with no issues or bugs with no need for additional patches, I highly doubt that so just release it on time. When you lie to your customers and fans you are damaging your reputation and setting a precedent for future content, future games, and most definitely losing the faith of the people that pay you. If a deadline is not met in most professions it can cost someone their job, and yet you tell us that we simply don't get what we were promised? The worst part though, you didn't even give us real notice. You wait until the day before, actually not even a day before, it is supposed to be released and tell us some vague half thought out nonsense about bugs that you won't even explain and expect us to just accept that? I love Halo, and Halo Wars. I had faith that you could do it justice but my faith in the future of this game has been severely shaken.
Soooo you're saying you'd rather have buggy new content now rather then more polished content a couple days later? Doesn't seem like a fair trade to me
You find it unacceptable well you will be accepting it like everyone else so quit your whining you sound like a spoiled child.
Thanks for the update can't wait to try out this new leader
Why even say the 3rd Wednesday of each month if your going to continuously miss that date like a teenager... It's lame. It honestly makes the team look very unprofessional.. these guys make a -Yoink- ton of money.. No excuse. Instead of using our money to do whatever you do after launch, build your game DLC... Like on time?! It's not like we are demanding it be done at that time. Again, we were given a detailed outline? Who knows, I'm fine with it as long as you guys retract that 3rd Wednesday bs.

Come on guys, just retract that 3rd Wednesday bologna as it's laughable at this point, your record is not good the far..
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
im disapointed but happy it will be fixed id rather not have a broken leader. please at least try to release it this month and ill be good.
stckrboy wrote:
How much would gamestop give me for halo wars 2 ????
Call them up and ask or check their website? Either way, this isn't a relevant discussion topic for this post or forum
lol its a fair question tbh, also probably around 20 bucks.
Whenever its ready, its all good.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 26