Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Colony Teleport

OP Predator3007

How does everyone feel about Colony's new teleport ability? I personally love it and think it adds a lot to the leader, giving him more options both in and out of fights.
Like it
I like it, I dont actually use it as much as I thought I might do. But having it available for those moments when you do want it is great.
I don't use it too much, I focus more on that combat repair and engineer swarm. Also what was in that leader power slot before the teleport power? (I haven't played for awhile until this most recent update)
I don't use it too much, I focus more on that combat repair and engineer swarm. Also what was in that leader power slot before the teleport power? (I haven't played for awhile until this most recent update)
Mines, it was a good swap.
Mines, it was a good swap.
Agreed, I've never been able to use plasma mines effectively. The enemy either detects them and shoots them or they just don't do enough damage late-game.
It was mine's
As a long time colony main and someone that has asked for colony teleport for close to a year now, It is everything I could have ever hoped for and I am grateful that the devs were able to make with small but meaningful change to colony's kit.
I wanna see a video online of a team of three people trying to kill a 3 star hunter captain and just when they are about to finish it off, it just teleports away. When I heard Colony was getting teleport, my first thought was that 3 star hunter captain fatalities would take a steep drop. I think it's a great change.
THEWALL766 wrote:
As a long time colony main and someone that has asked for colony teleport for close to a year now, It is everything I could have ever hoped for and I am grateful that the devs were able to make with small but meaningful change to colony's kit.
Colony needed TP but he also needed his hero survivability (HP/SP) nerf to compensate,
his Y could've been buff to given a %Damage mitigation so that his ability to taunt an army wouldn't be affected by the hypothetical changes but don't worryy i sure they will do just that in the next Random patchh, i mean Balance Patch.👌
Currently Colony feels great, but as a tanky leader, his damage is a bit too high. Now with the teleport, you can make some great high-level plays. For example, teleport the hunter captain + some counter units -> Taunt with Hunter Captain -> Hunter's Brand the Taunted units -> Have the counter units clean up. At the same time your Core units can go do base damage or attack elsewhere.
Currently Colony feels great, but as a tanky leader, his damage is a bit too high. Now with the teleport, you can make some great high-level plays. For example, teleport the hunter captain + some counter units -> Taunt with Hunter Captain -> Hunter's Brand the Taunted units -> Have the counter units clean up. At the same time your Core units can go do base damage or attack elsewhere.
i love where Colony is now. It feels perfect so far.
THEWALL766 wrote:
A small change? Are you kidding...
Loonsmile wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
As someone that plays a lot of colony, it has not redefined how I play the leader, it just gives me more options in the mid-late game.
THEWALL766 wrote:
Loonsmile wrote:
THEWALL766 wrote:
As someone that plays a lot of colony, it has not redefined how I play the leader, it just gives me more options in the mid-late game.
I know how you feel, it gives way more use's than mine's. Mostly do to mine's doing nothing in the mid-late game while teleport stays viable. By the time Colony could get mine's, they were already useless.
Pretty good ability can change the outcome of a fight in a instant.