Is colony really underpowered right now cause I'm getting that impression ?
It isn't that Colony is underpowered, it's that he isn't "meta". He has one of the best heroes in the game and wheel full of excellent leader powers.
Wats the current meta? Rushing?
Colony is one of the most effective leaders in the game. Very simple, very easy. For the amount of effort it takes to use him it takes much more to counter him. If anything he is OP, not UP.
Colony is definitely in a decent spot.
I can only remind you of some tips that would refresh any colony player. Remember to make lots of skitterers and attatch to the tabby units that counter current opposition. They got snipers, attach them to your choppers. Marines, attach to Goliaths or grunts, your preference.
split goliaths to hit everything if you have advantage (or even if you don’t and sneak a mini kill)
USE TAUNT, read up on that ability, it’s not so much that units will focus your leader, but those units will get a significant dps need too (think temporary methane from yap with a weird bonus of targeting control)
Finally, If at advantage late game, I highly recommend battle hardened. Some people like doubling up brand, but it’s just a one and done. Getting your cap to vet three at advantage is gg.
But what is the current meta though
Atriox, Forge, Jerome and Ship are meta right now
AcE Hisoka wrote:
What about rushing cause I've notice a lot more lately
AcE Hisoka wrote:
True rushing is a pretty weak strategy if you're against someone with two braincells. Early harass and teching into counter units + marauders is the standard Banished strategy. Marine spam with hellbringer/sniper support for map control, then tech into combat tech + hogs and gales, then tech 3 into wingmen hornets is the standard UNSC build. Personally I prefer the Banished because all their specialized classes are more appealing to my playstyle, but Forge is easily the best leader in the game right now so UNSC are certainly (somewhat) pulling their weight this season.
AcE Hisoka wrote:
Mm are they the only ones cuz anders has something to say about it xd
AcE Hisoka wrote:
Anders is mediocre now that her Leader Power order was changed back. No more broken nuke for fourth point is really painful for a leader who's gimmick is upgrading things.
AcE Hisoka wrote:
Anders is mediocre now that her Leader Power order was changed back. No more broken nuke for fourth point is really painful for a leader who's gimmick is upgrading things.
It still works most of the time of they dont kill her expansion
AcE Hisoka wrote:
It still works most of the time of they dont kill her expansion
"It still works"? You mean her gimmick? It certainly isn't a bad gimmick, just a predictable one. If you scout and see a barracks you should prep for a marine x flamer x sniper push, if you see double gen then you should take the map and/or hit their minis.
AcE Hisoka wrote:
True rushing is a pretty weak strategy if you're against someone with two braincells. Early harass and teching into counter units + marauders is the standard Banished strategy. Marine spam with hellbringer/sniper support for map control, then tech into combat tech + hogs and gales, then tech 3 into wingmen hornets is the standard UNSC build. Personally I prefer the Banished because all their specialized classes are more appealing to my playstyle, but Forge is easily the best leader in the game right now so UNSC are certainly (somewhat) pulling their weight this season.
+1
Nothing to add here
AcE Hisoka wrote:
The problem is most players don't know the difference between early harass or true rushing. I call early harass into tech "fake rushing" and all out rushing, well a rush.
either antibuilding rushing or air rush
I would class a rush as what's known as a cheese, which is a typical Gen, Supply Supply, Rax, Rax on the Main with the sole intent of pushing the opponents main and ending the game early.
It becomes less of a rush when you start picking up Mini's, Nodes and despite going double racks on a mini your push is extremely late for a rush and almost a certainty to be stopped by the other player since they will have already scouted and have enough of their own units on the map.
Also Raid First with Colony or Voridus ;)

and Typically the leaders who have the best Leader Unit are meta since leaders are so god damn strong at the moment, especially on Tech 3.
either antibuilding rushing or air rush
Air isn't rush since its gated at T2 which bt then it aint a rush