Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

Combat Repair should not effect Hunter Captain

OP Evanescence426

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I just lost a 1v1 game on mirage and I gotta say this combat repair on the hunter Captain is insane. I had complete map control, had all the bases on the map and my opponent was on his one main base. On Mirage there is a garrison right next to the main bases and if colony gets a hunter captain with 2 skitteres in there with a cloaked base and a scarab with reavers and engineers it seems impossible to beat. I had a full pop of wraiths shooting the hunter captain with scorch and vehicle level 3 and his health was barely going down. He didn’t use a single engineer to heal it and I watched multiple times as my entire army would die before I could kill one unit. If I try to attack the base the scarab would just kill my army with the hunter captain. After playing for an hour I resigned. Anyone know how to beat this colony set up?
Should have built up a base nearby and just spam units out of their spawn to his base. Voridus could have probably melted them all out of there.
I tried that I put all foundrys on the closest base to his but i ended up just giving him a lot of veterancy :/
I would have guessed you would have to starve him out? Just spam base locust/BBs and try and lure his scarab out to try and kill them. Then kill the scarab. Or make your own scarab? As long as you can deal damage to a buildings then you should be able to out last him. Of course depending on how late the game is he could be sitting on a pretty big nest egg...
Yeah he had a lot of resources haha! He was so annoying he hid all his troops inside his cloak which makes it harder to break..
What leader were you playing?
I said this before HC is one of the most balance leaders. Also this coming balance patch would already nerf HC. He does not need any more nerfing.
I was the Shipmaster
I said this before HC is one of the most balance leaders. Also this coming balance patch would already nerf HC. He does not need any more nerfing.
Yeah I think he is fine overall but my problem is combat repair when he’s in a garrison that all.
I was the Shipmaster
Since the HC was in the garrison you couldn't really budge it, but I would have used displacement on the rest of their units, the engineers and reavers like you said, and then attack while he only had the scarab and HC. My memory is failing me but if you can get at the base at an angle where the HC can't attack you it should just be the one scarab, and if you have a lot of wraiths or banshees the base should go down easily even if they all die.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I wish you could displace scarabs the game wouldn’t of lasted long haha
mass locust and a few engineer, go from the direction not near HC or use teleport, displace everything but scarab gg.
Lol this was probably my mate who wrecked you, sounds just like his strategy
I just lost a 1v1 game on mirage and I gotta say this combat repair on the hunter Captain is insane. I had complete map control, had all the bases on the map and my opponent was on his one main base. On Mirage there is a garrison right next to the main bases and if colony gets a hunter captain with 2 skitteres in there with a cloaked base and a scarab with reavers and engineers it seems impossible to beat. I had a full pop of wraiths shooting the hunter captain with scorch and vehicle level 3 and his health was barely going down. He didn’t use a single engineer to heal it and I watched multiple times as my entire army would die before I could kill one unit. If I try to attack the base the scarab would just kill my army with the hunter captain. After playing for an hour I resigned. Anyone know how to beat this colony set up?
its called a super turtle mate they are not hard to break if you think properly :D
its called a super turtle mate they are not hard to break if you think properly :D
okay then tell me what you would do?
It’s not worth the effort to kill him late game. So I would do mostly counter units hunters/locust/reaver and put engineers with shrouds. You shouldn’t have to build engineers because you keep the spirit support alive. Locust+ veteran 3 rangers from SS is your Anti Infantry. Then avoid his HC kill his units and bases. Late game ship should win that fight.
tele as many of his units out and kill them quick, then go in and focus the scarab because it takes more resources to replace the scarab and just keep doing that till he is out of resources, just make sure you killed all his mini bases and took all the power nodes to make sure he has literally no power regeneration and such and basically starve him for resources
Okay thanks I’ll try that next time. I was so caught up trying to kill the Hunter Captain I let his other units get veterancy and then it was game over.
tele as many of his units out and kill them quick, then go in and focus the scarab because it takes more resources to replace the scarab and just keep doing that till he is out of resources, just make sure you killed all his mini bases and took all the power nodes to make sure he has literally no power regeneration and such and basically starve him for resources
How does this stop hunter captain anyhow? If his army beats yours, there is no starving him thats for damn sure. You cant assume colony will go scarab either. If Colony goes scarry anyhow, you wont be able to kill it because CR heals on a percentage that nearly overheals all damage it gets; especially with skitters.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2