Forums / Games / Halo Wars 2

[Locked] combat salvage doesn't work

OP masterchief8713

I have played all types of game modes with forge but the combat salvage never works with me
I never get any units back with it
can someone please tell me why?
My experience from last patch:
1. It only works with vehicles and aircraft. Condor doesn't count.
2. To respawn a unit must exist at the time you cast the power. No multiple respawns for one and the same unit or for units build later.
3. The unit must die within the active time of the power which is about half its cooldown time (indicated be a small green arrow on the units as long it is active).
4. The unit will respawn at your main base and not move to your rally point. So mind to actually check your base for respawned units.
Seelenwurm wrote:
My experience from last patch:
1. It only works with vehicles and aircraft. Condor doesn't count.
2. To respawn a unit must exist at the time you cast the power. No multiple respawns for one and the same unit or for units build later.
3. The unit must die within the active time of the power which is about half its cooldown time (indicated be a small green arrow on the units as long it is active).
4. The unit will respawn at your main base and not move to your rally point. So mind to actually check your base for respawned units.
i will
thanks for helping me
Is it possible to change the assignment of the main base? I mean, to start the game, the main base is your only base and your first base. As you build bases, the main base is the first base. Is it possible to change the main base to a different and subsequently built base? Or, would that be too powerful of an ability?
Is it possible to change the assignment of the main base? I mean, to start the game, the main base is your only base and your first base. As you build bases, the main base is the first base. Is it possible to change the main base to a different and subsequently built base? Or, would that be too powerful of an ability?
i have no idea what you just asked
By "main base" do you mean the first base that the d-pad takes you to?
If so, I don't think there's any way to change the d-pad order, other than destroying your first? It acts according to the order of being built.

Otherwise, not sure what you're asking. Your 2nd and/or 3rd base can do anything that you're first (main) can do. It just depends on the building slots you pick.
Please don't revive old posts.

But as for your question, no you can't change what base they spawn at. They automatically go to the oldest base you have, so if your main gets destroyed they go to your first expo. If all you bases are destroyed they go to your oldest mini. It's not that changing which base they spawn at would make it too powerful, I just think the logistics for how that would work aren't there. I.e what kind of selection mechanics would that entail? It just complicates the power too much. Right now it's a simple toggle you flip on when going into battle, and that works perfectly fine.

For everyone else: he was asking about which base the Combat Salvage power considers to be your "main" aka your starting base. He wanted to know if you could change where Comcast Salvage units spawn.
It only works with vehicles.
Oh and you cant have more than the unit cap
Oh and you cant have more than the unit cap
this whole thread is just confusing me
To save confusion I'm just going to close this off, please don't revive old threads thanks. Any outstanding issues can be reported int he support forums or posted in a new thread here