Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Compensate for Ally Loss

OP Zetharyan

Hey everyone,
I was wondering what peoples opinions are for compensating when you lose an ally from disconnect or if they quit, especially in ranked. My one biggest criticism of this game is that the moment an ally leaves the game it is borderline impossible to win. Especially with the most recent game update, I've noticed the amount of game crashes have gone up and it would be nice if there was some way to make a 1v2 or 2v3 come back plausible.
I like this idea. Maybe there could be an army and base transfer. If an ally disconnects, you take control of all units, bases and additional leader powers that they had before the disconnect. This could mean someone ends up playing as a mixed army of banished and unsc at the same time.
I like this idea. Maybe there could be an army and base transfer. If an ally disconnects, you take control of all units, bases and additional leader powers that they had before the disconnect. This could mean someone ends up playing as a mixed army of banished and unsc at the same time.
Starcraft 2 handles ally DC/quitting this way, control of all their units, bases and resources are transferred to another player still in the game. Much better than everything being wiped IMO.
Andr0idOS wrote:
Starcraft 2 handles ally DC/quitting this way, control of all their units, bases and resources are transferred to another player still in the game. Much better than everything being wiped IMO.
Personnaly, I would think it would lead to big problems, such as tryhards (that are in a group), will build a great army and then quit, leaving his ally with all his units.
Also, if that leader is a DLC, it requires the specific content pack to use yourself. It also brings some more RNG, like what if your teammate gets all of the quitting allies units.
I would recomend that these units stay in the game, but are not required to be destroyed to win a match.