OP aladdinBro

It's essentially almost identical to Halo 5:

After your 10 placement matches you will be placed in one of the following:

Bronze
Silver
Gold
Platinum
Diamond

Each has a tier number 1-6, and will show you a percentage meter necessary to fill to move up a tier.
So During my placements for Standard 2v2 Blitz we went 9-1, and got placed into Platinum 6 (70%). Once we win enough games to fill the meter to 100 we will be moved up to Diamond 1 and so on. Losing will decrease your percentage meter and once it reaches 0% you will move down a number, however you will never move down from the rank (so in my example since I am currently Platinum 6 the lowest I can go this season is Platinum 1).

After platinum it changes up a bit. The next two ranks (Onyx then Champion) don't show you a 1-6 tier but rather show your raw CSR number to better get a feel of how you stand amongst your peers. Once you are high enough in Onyx to be considered top 200 players in that playlist (this was for Halo 5 so the exact number might be different in HW2) then you will be moved into Champion rank.

Onyx
Champion (top 200 players)

Source:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/enter-the-arena
Does the game just take into account wins and losses, or does it take your units built and units lost, and time played
Great story - but how does this apply to halo wars 2?
did you read the post, it says it right there. Some people, jeez
Dude that's a pile of horse poop

I'm like 90-25 and still match kids who just started playing today. If there WAS an MMR system it's so broken that you'd never be able to reason about what the model looks like.
Just one question, is it possible to play 2v2 competitive Blitz with 2 players on a Squad? In short, is it like Halo 5 where you can play with friends to Rank?

I just played a couple of games and I got "-Yoink- up" because I ended up team up with a level 1 player. I am pretty decent playing at Blitz, I just wanna get at least gold. XDDD

I'm like 90-25 and still match kids who just started playing today. If there WAS an MMR system it's so broken that you'd never be able to reason about what the model looks like.
since launch today you have managed to play 115 games of ranked matches. Either your misunderstanding the post or you are Cronos in the flesh.

If you read his post or the most recent content update you will learn about the new ranked playlists, which upon competing in them give you ranks.
BlinxESP wrote:
Just one question, is it possible to play 2v2 competitive Blitz with 2 players on a Squad? In short, is it like Halo 5 where you can play with friends to Rank?

I just played a couple of games and I got "-Yoink- up" because I ended up team up with a level 1 player. I am pretty decent playing at Blitz, I just wanna get at least gold. XDDD
yes you can play with friends, amd gametypes like these, unless your super lucky your better off with friends than randomers
Will there be a leaderboard?
Interested to see what the champion limit is!

I got placed in Diamond 2 and won an extra game to end up in Diamond 3. So I'm interested to know if your performance applies to the % you earn, since you had the same placement matches as I did but got placed lower.
i dont see a point in ranked, bragging rights? i'd rather blitz 1v1. 1v1 would be best for ranked anyways.
Ranked is a means to introduce or enhance a competitive environment for video games.

I play to compete because I want to play a video game at its maximum potential, and I would like to become one of the better players among the community.

It is also fun to compete. It creates a purpose and goal to play.
BlinxESP wrote:

yes you can play with friends, amd gametypes like these, unless your super lucky your better off with friends than randomers
I am kind of screw... I barely play with more people. Hope to get someone with me soon...

since launch today you have managed to play 115 games of ranked matches. Either your misunderstanding the post or you are Cronos in the flesh.

If you read his post or the most recent content update you will learn about the new ranked playlists, which upon competing in them give you ranks.
I read his post and the content attached. The CSR link he posted applies to halo 5. There is no mention of halo wars in the entire article.

I'll redirect you to my previous question:
After some searching it looks like there's a CSR API offered for halo wars 2 - but this thread doesn't mention it at all? no link to the "most recent content update" ?

At any rate all my my previous comments still stand. It still doesn't exist in the game so it can't be tested. So the OP is just assuming it's going to work like halo 5 ........

roger

I read his post and the content attached. The CSR link he posted applies to halo 5. There is no mention of halo wars in the entire article.

I'll redirect you to my previous question:
After some searching it looks like there's a CSR API offered for halo wars 2 - but this thread doesn't mention it at all? no link to the "most recent content update" ?

At any rate all my my previous comments still stand. It still doesn't exist in the game so it can't be tested. So the OP is just assuming it's going to work like halo 5 ........

roger
It's early yet and in time 343 will release the info about ranked,but in the ops defense, from what he's been nd what I've seen, the ranking system is a dulled down halo 5 arena ranking system.

Your inital post came across a little insulting considering the effort op put in his post.
Should of done 1-50 on the ranking system like the halo 2/3 games.
iX CraZee wrote:
Should of done 1-50 on the ranking system like the halo 2/3 games.
I second this and have done every halo game since halo 3
For anyone looking for further information on this style of ranking system, you should check out Josh Menke's pinned threads in the Matchmaking Feedback forums. It's more sided towards Halo 5, but there's a lot of info there that can help to explain some of the things you might encounter in Wars and how rankings play out over time. They're currently looking into ways to make the Halo 5 system better, so I imagine some of that has or can translate over to Wars as well.

The archive thread in MM has linked to all the previous and current feedback topics.