Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Complete Edition, ATN Confirmed?

OP BreezyStarfish1

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
JOLTLORD wrote:
I agree with General Trex. If I had never known the game existed and somehow was made aware of the "Complete Edition" I might consider researching the game if I thought it had entertainment potential. During my research I find that the game has endured numerous bug fixes and balance updates and originally sold as an "Ultimate Edition" for $100. Now, suppose instead of "Ultimate Edition" it read: "Beta"... would any of us pay $100? Isn't beta essentially what the community has been subjected to? I think it's understandable to request a little more respect for your purchase.
Ultimate Edition was $80 US
No crap. But I have to pay $20 for ATN, hence $100 for the complete game. Try math sometime.
"sold as an "Ultimate Edition" for $100." Try English.
I know this has been said a thousand times before... but I'm gonna say it again anyway.
So the people who bought the ultimate edition of the game when it first came out has pay for the expansion but those who buy this don't? So I'm going to pay $100 for the full game, but someone picking up this copy only needs to drop $60? That's a real kick in the gut.
Thats a regular thing. You just paid for immediate access. Look at fighting games.
JOLTLORD wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:
JOLTLORD wrote:
I am still under the impression that Halo 6 is delayed, leading them to want to obtain more money.
ronnie42 wrote:
I know this has been said a thousand times before... but I'm gonna say it again anyway.
So the people who bought the ultimate edition of the game when it first came out has pay for the expansion but those who buy this don't? So I'm going to pay $100 for the full game, but someone picking up this copy only needs to drop $60? That's a real kick in the gut.
know that you mention it...yep it's not great. Just glad it's 343i doing this, not Bungie because if Bungie were involved I think they would be trying to charge even more, rip people off like with Destiny. Just glad that 343i are making new expansion and not overcharging for it.
If 343 was Bungie, then the Season Pass would be called Halo Wars 3 and Awakening the Nightmare would be called Halo Wars 4.
I had pre-ordered the Digital Ultimate Edition back in December 2016 for 89.99 €.
Whats the standard game price in the EU? like I got the UE for $120Au but the base game was $100Au ($100Au = 67€ and $80US), so the UE was only $20Au more.
That's a hard question to answer, nearly every country in the EU has different prices and some countries have different currencies. €70 in Slovakia is more expensive than €70 in Germany considering respective wages.

Gamestop in Ireland charges €69.99 for most new games and even up to €74.99 for others. The cheapest I can get the standard edition of Forza Horizon 3 on PC is €69.99 even though it's nearly 1 year old.
JOLTLORD wrote:
TYRELL zx wrote:
JOLTLORD wrote:
I am still under the impression that Halo 6 is delayed, leading them to want to obtain more money.
ronnie42 wrote:
know that you mention it...yep it's not great. Just glad it's 343i doing this, not Bungie because if Bungie were involved I think they would be trying to charge even more, rip people off like with Destiny. Just glad that 343i are making new expansion and not overcharging for it.
If 343 was Bungie, then the Season Pass would be called Halo Wars 3 and Awakening the Nightmare would be called Halo Wars 4.
I had pre-ordered the Digital Ultimate Edition back in December 2016 for 89.99 €.
Whats the standard game price in the EU? like I got the UE for $120Au but the base game was $100Au ($100Au = 67€ and $80US), so the UE was only $20Au more.
That's a hard question to answer, nearly every country in the EU has different prices and some countries have different currencies. €70 in Slovakia is more expensive than €70 in Germany considering respective wages.

Gamestop in Ireland charges €69.99 for most new games and even up to €74.99 for others. The cheapest I can get the standard edition of Forza Horizon 3 on PC is €69.99 even though it's nearly 1 year old.
I'm just trying to figure out how much of the UE price was the UE and how much was base game, in EU regions.
Don't forget - Ultimate Edition also included Halo Wars 1 - Definitive edition. So UE purchasers actually got two full games for their 80 bucks. 7 months later, if a buyer wants both HW1DE and HW2CE, it will cost them 80 bucks. Yes, now the expansion is thrown in there at no additional charge, but you can't blame the devs for trying to boost sales after seven months of mediocre sales.
Are we gonna get a physical copy of the complete edition? Maybe in Steele book form or is this only a digital thing?
Huh, this forum isn't as up in arms as I expected it to be about this. Waypoint's actually handling something better than Reddit. That's a first.

Anyway, stop saying the Ultimate Edition is now useless. We went over this when AtN was announced to not be apart of the season pass and I'll gladly go over it again here.

The Ultimate Edition gave you the base game ($60,) the season pass ($30,) and Halo Wars: Definitive Edition ($20) for a total of $80. As you can already see, you're saving $30 by buying this bundle versus everything separately. The Ultimate Edition also gave you access to HW: DE in December, a good two or three months before the thing officially released. And as a Play Anywhere Title, you got it on Xbox and W10 with no additional cost.

The Ultimate Edition's $80 price tag means that you really only paid for Halo Wars 2 and HW:DE as their price points total to $80. That $30 season pass? Basically thrown in for free.

Now, the season pass gave you access to seven multiplayer leaders and a mini campaign for $30. Each of these DLCs were price at $6 each. So what does that mean? It means that if you bought each of them individually, you saved about $18. By buying the Ultimate Edition, you saved even more money because again, the season pass was basically thrown into the UE for free.

Awakening the Nightmare features two brand new leaders, a five mission Banished campaign, and Terminus Firefight. Let's breakdown these prices:

Two leaders come out at about $12
Spearbreaker was two missions and sold for $5 alone. AtN is five missions so we'll price that at about $12, it's around $14 if I wanted to be specific.

That's already $24 and AtN costs four dollars less.

We also have Terminus Fireifght. I don't know where to put this at in terms of a price point so we'll simply make it half of what the other DLC costs and say it's $3.

$12 + $12 + $3 = $27

You're getting a little bit over the price point they are charging for AtN

The biggest problem with the Complete Edition is timing. Plenty of games get GOTY editions, but they release a year or two after the game and all of it's DLC has released. The HW2 Complete Edition is coming out with AtN. That's the only downside to all of this if you ask me. And it's not a major problem either.
stop saying the Ultimate Edition is now useless.
The Ultimate Edition is useless.
1. The HW: DE version that shipped with UE was Win10 Store/Xbox exclusive and has since been abandoned in favor of either the 360 version (superior matchmaking) or Steam.
2. The season pass was never defined as finite.
1. The HW: DE version that shipped with UE was Win10 Store/Xbox exclusive and has since been abandoned in favor of either the 360 version (superior matchmaking) or Steam.
The season pass most definitely was defined as finite. I'm not going to dig back to find the exact wording, but it was basically "over 6 months of DLC and updates..." They put a time limit on it. It was not called a lifetime pass, or ever presented as one. They delivered exactly what they said they would deliver - over six months of new add-on content. Content that, without the season pass, would cost more.

BTW - I did not originally buy the season pass. I bought the standard edition, and added the season pass later for the leaders. So I spent $90 and didn't get HW1:DE. And it was worth every penny. If someone who buys now is getting the same content for less money, good for them. That changes nothing.

To anyone who is deeply concerned about always getting the rock-bottom price for a game, I strongly recommend never buying new releases. Virtually every game that is ever put out will sell for less money after its been out for a while.
Mazrandir wrote:
The season pass most definitely was defined as finite. I'm not going to dig back to find the exact wording, but it was basically "over 6 months of DLC and updates..." They put a time limit on it. It was not called a lifetime pass, or ever presented as one. They delivered exactly what they said they would deliver - over six months of new add-on content. Content that, without the season pass, would cost more.
"The Season Pass delivers regular updates that span more than six months, including: New Leaders with abilities that change the course of multiplayer matches, new Units that add to your multiplayer arsenal, new Blitz cards to collect and take into battle, and new campaign missions that expand the Halo Wars 2 story."

The term finite does not exclusively refer to the concept of time however "more than 6 months" is certainly not an end date. Semantics aside, the official statement (above) does not explicitly exclude ATN. In fact the whole of ATN content is described except for maps (which are free) and the new blitz mode (firefight).
Everyone complaining about Bungie should realize that Bungie has basically been held hostage its entire run. When they were with Microsoft and Xbox, Microsoft would push them so much after halo 3. Even tho they wanted to be done with it. They didn't want to release ODST as a main game. Hence the Halo 3: ODST. And now, look at them, they're with activision. Like HELLO! That company is known for money and greed. Call of duty anyone?!?! Activision publishes destiny for Bungie and I can probably go out on a limb and say that they want them to do micro transactions for the money. How long was it for destiny 1 before micro transactions were introduced. And then here comes 343. Blitz mode isn't pay to win? And halo 5 wasn't anything but a huge scam? Don't even get me started on MCC. Yet everyone is bashing Bungie for their bad. Which I'm like 99% sure isn't all their doing.
Everyone complaining about Bungie should realize that Bungie has basically been held hostage its entire run. When they were with Microsoft and Xbox, Microsoft would push them so much after halo 3. Even tho they wanted to be done with it. They didn't want to release ODST as a main game. Hence the Halo 3: ODST. And now, look at them, they're with activision. Like HELLO! That company is known for money and greed. Call of duty anyone?!?! Activision publishes destiny for Bungie and I can probably go out on a limb and say that they want them to do micro transactions for the money. How long was it for destiny 1 before micro transactions were introduced. And then here comes 343. Blitz mode isn't pay to win? And halo 5 wasn't anything but a huge scam? Don't even get me started on MCC. Yet everyone is bashing Bungie for their bad. Which I'm like 99% sure isn't all their doing.
I'm not a Bungie basher, but if we're going to give them a pass we need to do the same for 343. Microsoft is making most of the monetary decisions.
Yes, they did. They had a contract for five full Halo games and wanted that to be over with as soon as possible so that they could make Destiny. They went to Microsoft and asked to make ODST one of those five full Halo games and Microsoft happily agreed. They then threw the Halo 3 multiplayer in to make it look like it was worth the price tag.

Your entire argument just went out the window because of that lack of information, so nice job paying attention.
Are we gonna get a physical copy of the complete edition? Maybe in Steele book form or is this only a digital thing?
Thats what I would like to know. Would definitely buy a physical copy.
... 2. The season pass was never defined as finite.
On what planet has a season pass been unlimited content? I've seen single use DLCs for games drop at that price - let alone all of their expansions...
False advertising they said you would get all dlcs not one XD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3