Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

[Locked] Complete Edition Mess

OP ProtossFilms

I'm going to keep this simple. I bought the Ultimate Edition months before release, which is for $79.99. After almost a year, they decided to release the "Complete Edition" for $59.99, including all DLC and the new expansion. Thanks.
So what? If you wanted to get it cheaper you could have waited one year to get everything. I don't see the point complaining honestly. I got R7 not even one year later muuuuch cheaper than when that game was released. Prey the same, Doom is even 30 bucks on my country with all dlcs...
You're upset that games get cheaper over time?

That's a natural thing.
Every time I see the name "complete edition" I laugh. It's like 343 is admitting that HW 2 without all the DLC is incomplete.

Jfc, the gaming industry nowadays.
Please, just stop. Enjoy the game or don't I truly don't care. Just stop beating this dead horse. At this point I don't even think there is horse left to beat.
BlinxESP wrote:
So what? If you wanted to get it cheaper you could have waited one year to get everything. I don't see the point complaining honestly. I got R7 not even one year later muuuuch cheaper than when that game was released. Prey the same, Doom is even 30 bucks on my country with all dlcs...
Which means the whole industry is in a sick mind state. Good publishers like Bohemia Interactive are almost extinct nowadays.
cym104 wrote:
BlinxESP wrote:
Which means the whole industry is in a sick mind state. Good publishers like Bohemia Interactive are almost extinct nowadays.
Well, that is your opinion. I feel it is frigging great that someone not so interested but edge to get the game can think this is a good opportunity to buy it.

I don't like to see games being 70 bucks after one year in the digital store honestly. All games should get cheaper over time. You buy first day it is because you like it. And honestly the -Yoinking!- amazing value that HW2 has given to me since day 1 no other game has done. I started even playing the definitive edition of HW on December last year for god sake. I would be throwing more money for another expansion even, but nowadays gamers want to get things almost for free, and when they get them they don't buy it. Please, please, don't take it personal, not talking about anyone here.
BlinxESP wrote:
cym104 wrote:
BlinxESP wrote:
Well, that is your opinion. I feel it is frigging great that someone not so interested but edge to get the game can think this is a good opportunity to buy it.

I don't like to see games being 70 bucks after one year in the digital store honestly. All games should get cheaper over time. You buy first day it is because you like it. And honestly the -Yoinking!- amazing value that HW2 has given to me since day 1 no other game has done. I started even playing the definitive edition of HW on December last year for god sake. I would be throwing more money for another expansion even, but nowadays gamers want to get things almost for free, and when they get them they don't buy it. Please, please, don't take it personal, not talking about anyone here.
That would have been true if I bought the standard edition of HW2. But when I got the ULTIMATE edition of HW2, I expected the ultimate experience similar to ArmA 3's Supporter Edition.
I understand the wreathing ire of the community feeling that they have been bamboozled for buying into the Ultimate edition at launch; Notwithstanding season pass ambiguity, I feel like we have gotten pretty good deal from this development team, and a fun progression through the balancing of the game's competitive multiplayer overtime. They have time and time again, released balance changes promptly and without delay to serious meta breaking glitches. Microsoft patches ain't cheap, and they usually take a week or 2 to get accredited. Even if its an inside studio, I feel like the community reception, monthly content, and or constant tuning can warrant some forgiveness of any major sleights here. In contrast to most studio's, I would say that we've gotten a pretty good run here. By and large, I understand that we gamers come from diverse backgrounds, and that money can be an issue of contention in some cases. To that I would say, the xbox marketplace has frequent sales that you could have leveraged in time had you been willing to pay the indirect cost of delaying instant gratification and waiting to that event. Ultimately, in being a day 1 buyer we all assumed the benefits and drawback associated with that feet first purchase. You can't consume an apple and an orange simultaneously; pick one or choose neither!
They have time and time again, released balance changes promptly and without delay to serious meta breaking glitches
Only instances I can think of are Jerome and YapYap. I don't even think you can count Yap as he was still OP after the hotfix. The Voridus exploit was rampant for a full week and made multiplayer unplayable. Forge was unbeatable for nearly a month. And now, Voridus has taken up the bloody throne of Forge the Terrible as his successor.

I don't think there are any valid excuses for this. I won't be extending any olive branches.
I'm going to keep this simple. I bought the Ultimate Edition months before release, which is for $79.99. After almost a year, they decided to release the "Complete Edition" for $59.99, including all DLC and the new expansion. Thanks.
Embrace it .
Any future discussion on this is best posted in the ATN megathread