Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Condor or Scarab

OP Arkhamspartan11

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I have placed these units down many times and find that, despite my profile picture, the condor is much better. What do you think?

Edit: Reasons why condor is better.

The condor can attack all types of units with the range of a locust or kodiak and has like five double Spartan laser cannons. It's AI bot knows exactly what units to attack and can transition between killing a unit to moving on to another in a split second. But wait, there's more! The condor can only be attacked (actually take noticeable damage) by aircraft and anti-air, in this case nobody has an entire army of units only consisting of anti-air. As for the aircraft, they can be killed in seconds by the condor's basic attack. But not only that, it has a FREAKIN MAC GUN! It's mac gun is a passive ability that can one-shot-kill almost every vehicle and infantry, and it RECHARGES. It's a Flying Fortress of armor, lasers and death. Now let's take a look at the scarab. It has one main laser that takes forever to kill a unit and sometimes doesn't even fire at the unit you would select. In fact, it's missiles are better than its main cannon! It's AI is embarrassing, it just walks around in circles without even noticing the multiple enemy unit around it. But here's the best part, your infantry units can just walk under the scarab and be safe! What is that about CA!? The scarab is a complete embarrassment and the condor is the god of the battlefield. In conclusion, the condor could beat a scarab and is better than it in anyway. So please, buff the scarab so I might actually consider placing one down again. (Ps. The scarab looks much more cooler and scary. Plus it's massive! I love scarabs, in fact more than the condor. I just feel the scarab doesn't have the power and respect it deserves.)
I actually didn't like using either.

I found a high mobile force with the occasional power buff was much better in money spent.

I always thought the scarb looked scarier though lol....just had to get out of there.
Both are good in their own ways honestly. I wouldn't say one is better than another.
Cóndor because the MAC Cannon :p
i've stopped using super units
Condor because it can target multiple units. Plus the A.I is not dumb Af like the scarab.
Definitely Condor. Seems the reach and mobility is better.
I think I have to wait until I use both in normale mode...
I'd say the Condor. It had less units able to attack it unless they could attack air.
condor I love how powerful it is well its powerful in my opinion
I liked both both I prefer the condor, I used it a little more and I think it was better but using it in normal mode might be a little bit more of a decider for me
Just got to wait and see!
I have placed these units down many times and find that, despite my profile picture, the condor is much better. What do you think?
Well man, Condor looks like it beats out Scarab, considering that the Scarab in this game both has a start up animation that WILL, and I mean WILL restart if the unit even moves a muscle, haha! and the damage isn't really as good as before, I don't know man, and besides, Condor is a breath of fresh air!
Condor all the way. It has a better attack and an offensive special, more mobility, and lower downtime between attacks/switching targets. However, the Condor is much more susceptible to dying due to the power of anti-air attacks, though. The Scarab can also stall better with its temporary invulnerability. Style points for looking like a giant spider and the climbing over/down a cliff animation.
Huh, the vehicle that's based off the horrendous 343 pelican replacement is getting praise for being it's own vehicle. This community always surprises me.
Huh, the vehicle that's based off the horrendous 343 pelican replacement is getting praise for being it's own vehicle. This community always surprises me.
Wait is the condor a new 343 Pelican? I couldn't notice, haha! If it is, it just means its new! Just like the entire Banished Faction! Nobody hates them for being new!
Also didn't they add the old pelicans in aswell? I'm pretty sure they did for some of the abilities. But anyway, yee man! Join the Condor hype, hahaha!
Wait is the condor a new 343 Pelican? I couldn't notice, haha! If it is, it just means its new! Just like the entire Banished Faction! Nobody hates them for being new!
Also didn't they add the old pelicans in aswell? I'm pretty sure they did for some of the abilities. But anyway, yee man! Join the Condor hype, hahaha!
The condor is it's own vehicle. I thought that the fact that it's several times larger than the pelican would give it away lol. And yes the classic pelicans are in the game.
Here's a comparison.
Good Pelican Ugly Pelican The Condor As you can see the 343 "pelican" design works far better as it's own vehicle rather than be a replacement for a iconic work of art.
The condor is it's own vehicle. I thought that the fact that it's several times larger than the pelican would give it away lol. And yes the classic pelicans are in the game.
Here's a comparison.
Good Pelican Ugly Pelican The Condor As you can see the 343 "pelican" design works far better as it's own vehicle rather than be a replacement for a iconic work of art.
I personally like the old pelican design more but I like the idea of mixing art styles. Besides, 343 did go back to the "Halo 2A like" artstyle, you gotta thank them for that.
I never thought I'd say it but I think the scarab is too weak. The ai is so stupid and the way it has to be in a certain position to fire is dumb.
Scarab
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3