Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Content that can come to Halo Wars 2

OP nuchey

Here's a list of ideas that could be implemented into the game:
1) New Terminus Firefight Wave! Add the DLC units as a new wave to Terminus Firefight. This means the defender(s) may have to face a random wave of dozens of:
Goliath
Frost Raven/Cryo Troops
Infusion Brutes/Engineers
Hundreds of Cannon Fodder/Heavy Grunts/Brute riders
Elite Enforcers/Elite Rangers/Elite Infantry/Ghosts
Wraith Invaders full of random troops
Mastodons full of random troops
FlameHogs/Hellbringers/Hornets

The Boss wave could include an assortment of these troops or a hero wave consisting of dozens of:
Arbiters
Voriduses
Paviums
Hunter Captains
Omega Teams
Commander Jeromes with the ability to call down Command Mantises
Kinsanos
Bisons

I think the addition of this new wave would be a great way to breathe some life back into Terminus Firefight and I really want to fight waves of Goliath/cannon fodder!

2) Blitz Skins for regular multiplayer!
Bring blitz skins to the main game! There are plenty of cool blitz skins that we got to experience during the Yappening. I wouldn't mind having to complete daily and weekly challenges to earn them since those challenges seems a bit redundant. Regardless, I would love too see the new skins come to the main game!
Ex: When you get "The Best Offense" as Isabel your scorpions and nightingales would change to the blitz models. (Without the holographic icon)

3) Bring Back The Yappening!
The Yappening was a fun change of pace from the competitive side of the game. I know many, including Wrensi and Postums, want the game mode to come back and be its own separate game mode. I hope it comes back soon because that was some of the most fun I had during the game. If it did come back, I would love to see some changes:
1) Give Anders the Controller sentinels from Spearbreaker campaign. They could be a tech 3 unit and be produced from the Airpad right under the vulture.
2) Give YapYap a "Methane Scarab". Basically it would look like an infusion scarab but instead of it's main fun producing infusion it would leave a trail of methane behind it! It's Y ability could also be a big methane fart instead of a shield!
3) ADD YAPYAP TO THE GAME :D This might seem crazy but it's actually a possibility. Originally, YapYap was going to have a "Hero Grunt" unit that would have the ability to call down the grunt goblin mech, similarly to Jerome. However, they decided to scrap this idea and gave YapYap the 3 grunt goblins we all know and love. However, the model for this Hero grunt is still in the game files. Blackandfan found it and added it to his Halo Wars 2 mod. Here is a concept art picture of the unit: It's about halfway down this page
(There's also a ton of cool concept art and cut content on that website) Apparently there were plans to add unique spartan units to the game but that's a story for a different post! If you want to see the in game model add me on discord (my name is nuchey) and I can show it to you, but it looks very similar to the concept art! Anyways, the point is this "Hero Grunt" could be added to the yappening! Whether he's a unique unit that YapYap can make, or an AI controlled unit that spawns on the battle field and destroys EVERYTHING with some crazy god like powers, i dont care! They both sound dope, I just wanna see YapYap in the game!

I'll post more on this later but I'd love to hear some initial thoughts!
I wouldn't really complain about any of these being added, especially the blitz skins. I'll all for making my units look pretty
I wouldn't really complain about any of these being added, especially the blitz skins. I'll all for making my units look pretty
Ayyye Breezy! You're a monitor now? Congrats my dude! On topic, I'm glad you like my ideas! I feel like Halo Wars 2 has so much untapped potential!
nuchey wrote:
Ayyye Breezy! You're a monitor now? Congrats my dude! On topic, I'm glad you like my ideas! I feel like Halo Wars 2 has so much untapped potential!
Not going to lie, looking through that concept art really makes me want Yapyap in the flesh. Gimme that Grunty goodness