Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Wars Series

Covenant/Elites/Banished lack of vehicles

OP keemperor

The UNSC vehicle roster has been incredibly expanded over the course of the numerous games, they have filled pretty much every niche needed for an army and as of Sgt. Johnson DLC added some that are awesome, like the Colossus (wish it had more guns), comparatively the Combined Covenant factions (Covenant proper/ Swords of Shanghelios / Banished) have a lot of holes in their inventory that would be awesome if we could fill them.

Examples:
A ground artillery vehicle, similar to the Kodiak.
A tank hunter vehicle, similar to the Cobra
A heavy tank, similar to the Grizzly
A direct fire tank, similar to the Scorpion
A heavy walker, similar to the new colossus
A walker, similar to the Mantis.

I am using existing UNSC vehicles to highlight what they should be counters to or at least equivalent, but they could be something completely original as well.

The point is that the Covenant ground vehicles roster is lacking in several areas and it would be cool to see how they deal with these concepts. The Wraith is a great vehicle, but if we could have a new heavy tank that would be awesome, or at least new weapon options for existing platforms.

The UNSC got the Hannibal line of vehicles which created new types of options in existing platforms, but the Covenant have not received anything similar in any regard. It would be awesome to see how the Covenant would counter existing UNSC ordnance that currently seems to have so much in comparison to the covenant roster which seems paltry in comparison.
They need to just add past vehicles. The covenant as a conglomerate probably have tons of vehicles we have never seen. But the Sanshyuum were strict with designs and what not.
I feel like if the Marauder was worth it's cost you'd see more varied armies.
The marauder is viable now, especially after its T3 upgrade. But on a real note, if you're banished, there is only 1 vehicle you need to build to win. THE LOCUST BABY. You don't need any other vehicles, hell you don't even need to go tech 3. Just build locusts. Its that simple.
The marauder is viable now, especially after its T3 upgrade. But on a real note, if you're banished, there is only 1 vehicle you need to build to win. THE LOCUST BABY. You don't need any other vehicles, hell you don't even need to go tech 3. Just build locusts. Its that simple.
Oxygen is a scrub 😜
Oxygen is a scrub 😜
Because I speak the truth
Oxygen is a scrub 😜
You ready to feel the Johnson?
Oxygen is a scrub 😜
Hes gonna be the locusts worst nightmare, or vice versa. DUN DUN DUN
I think that's what makes the Banished a little more unique. But personally I'd love to see more vehicles put to use.
Oxygen is a scrub 😜
Hes gonna be the locusts worst nightmare, or vice versa. DUN DUN DUN
I don't think so. Units are slow. He is the anti rush leader but not locus
keemperor wrote:
The UNSC vehicle roster has been incredibly expanded over the course of the numerous games, they have filled pretty much every niche needed for an army and as of Sgt. Johnson DLC added some that are awesome, like the Colossus (wish it had more guns), comparatively the Combined Covenant factions (Covenant proper/ Swords of Shanghelios / Banished) have a lot of holes in their inventory that would be awesome if we could fill them.

Examples:

I am using existing UNSC vehicles to highlight what they should be counters to or at least equivalent, but they could be something completely original as well.

The point is that the Covenant ground vehicles roster is lacking in several areas and it would be cool to see how they deal with these concepts. The Wraith is a great vehicle, but if we could have a new heavy tank that would be awesome, or at least new weapon options for existing platforms.

The UNSC got the Hannibal line of vehicles which created new types of options in existing platforms, but the Covenant have not received anything similar in any regard. It would be awesome to see how the Covenant would counter existing UNSC ordnance that currently seems to have so much in comparison to the covenant roster which seems paltry in comparison.
They both have a warthog style, AA, Tank. Covies have a siege vehicle in the Locust (though not really in this game). Humans will have the colossus.

Covies Arty is in the air category and is the Blister back.
The problem is if you get to T3, why not just build Wraiths? At T2 Marauder's are way too expensive for how fragile they are.
johnson's bunkers are considered buildings. locusts will mop floor with them. same thing with jetpack brutes and flamethrower units. only way to fight locusts is with kodiaks and fully upgraded marines to heal the kodiaks or blisterbacks. cyclops's range is too short. hunters can kill them, but it takes too many and afterwards they're vulnerable to air units.
so your best best is to shell them with artillery from long range and take out as many as you can before they get within range of your base. if all else fails drop a bomb on em.
You are joking right the mauraders viable?? No way, anyone goes mauraders you can tell they are a rookie. They need a damage buff. I do agree on the locusts doesn't matter how big or better the army is just need to destroy their base and time them out. Works 100% of the time if the enemy is on offense creates panic and bad decisions.
for me the only thing i feel the banished need is a proper Anti-Infantry unit that doesn't suck. UNSC gets flamethrowers and snipers while the Banished get rangers that aren't even that good.
for me the only thing i feel the banished need is a proper Anti-Infantry unit that doesn't suck. UNSC gets flamethrowers and snipers while the Banished get rangers that aren't even that good.
Beg to differ, Rangers are great! Plus Suicide Grunts slaughter infantry
Beg to differ, Rangers are great! Plus Suicide Grunts slaughter infantry
I run shipmaster with atleast 10 suicide grunts, the amount of power they give you is to good to pass up and they are cheap in pop and resources and they can shut a rush down easily
keemperor wrote:

Examples:

The have a walker it's called the locust and the hunter is basically a rank it's their version of a scorpion